Sunday, December 30, 2007

Papa goes Dreaming - about his Women and Buenos Aires

Yeah, that’s how it is. I'm dreaming - PLS take your time - this is a ALL in one post (to have fun - click on the pictures)

I might be some sort of sentimental - and not what you usually as from my blog excpect. OR? (not Oregon)

PROLOG
This is last the Sunday of 2007. As we know it from our Calendar. The Christian or Roman – right? (Gregorian we follow here - not Julian)
Have you, by the way, ever thought about why the New Year starts about 10 days after the Winter Solstice? Or the Summer Solstice according to the same Calendar…
For me it’s a mystery. Today the Day or (dögn we call it here in the Nordics: that's 24 hours, like a date . f.i dec 30, while Day in English means 24 hour
s when here it means when we have Daylight while a "Dögn" here also includes night, afternoon and morningt. - like four Seasons = A Year and in between: Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn/Fall) - we have 6 more minutes "Sun" in Oslo than on Dec 22/21 - but also about 13 hours less than June 22).


Digression:
Regarding our and Ingelins Voyage to South America from the Northern Hemisphere---
I realized what complications that followed when North America changed the date for “Summer- and Winter time” compared to the rest of the World. Then, we are speaking of ONE hour. (Both ours and Ingelin’s flight were cancelled – when going down to B A). How could IT programmers knew about it, if not told?
Me now:
I feel like a Bear.
Sleeping most of the time. Not my usual Spirit.
Dreaming about the good time we have had in 2007 meeting new and old friends.
Anna and Ingelin - Plaza San Martin, B A
And our Silver Wedding. And my visit to Ingelin in Miami Beach. Our visit to Amsterdam (Marjoleine) - Sweden: Faro (Mrs and Mr Lifecruiser) - Mariestad ( Renny and Diane and the 2 great boys) - Tocksfors (Bettan and Johs), France: Hakon in Vence: Norway: Kongsvinger: Svein(my best man) when Anna did celebrate 40'years since "russ" (higher than high school - lower than college - normally you are 19 when finnished).

It's a shame, I have only this year been to the following Countries besides Norway:
Sweden, Holland, Germany, France, USA, Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil, Argentina

Among others - Anna and me as well (you see the young ones?) - Plaza San Martin
During the Year I must admit I've met so many wonderful individuals in the Blogsphere. Both me and Anna feels we are a part of a Global community - working for Peace. Thanks to Renny, that "forced" me into it, We should have been with you at New Years Eve in Mariestad (rest of my readers: N K is 70 and we missed his birthday that's why) - Next year?
BUT- it's one person that has brought so many together during 2007: Mrs Lifecruiser. I just called, and P and B are fantasitic inspiring persons.
HUGS

Just now, I do need to see some light:

Before I start this post, I would like to invite you to a cup of Tea. For those of you that prefere the local Mate, Ok, you can have that. I did have a a melange good for my hopeless digestive (GERD - for those of you who know what that is - just search on Gooogle, and you'll find out - it's far away from happiness....)
Then, nearby, I met a white lady:

A naked beauty wreathed by Flowers - we did not talk. Only looked at each other. I did not dear do to otherwise. LOL.

May be I could have waked her up for a Tango?

I turned my head:


And ended with an unforgetable Birthday Party

(yeah, you can rent pro's to give B-D parties here - we watch for 30 minutes - and it was really great to see the kids excitement)

Oh My Beauty ,
why are you so apart from me
I did not bring my swimming shoes
May I disturb you fishes
in order to bring faith and luck?
NO, she is in the French part of the Jardin. May be to a Ball with in Southern France?
Then:
I have felt like this the past weeks - telling the next generation about life (From Jardin Botanica in Buenos Aires)

As allready said - I need Light. Anna and Ingelin in the Afternoon Sunshine (Jardin Botanica, Buenos Aires - before their shopping - comes later) did make me happy. They even sat down to be captured under all the Flowers. I feel better.

Here is a fatal photo of a lost Viking in Buenos Aires. Luckely he was not robbed (broke anyway - haha) and found his way back to the hotel - while the women went "chopping" (history has teached me it was otherwise - Vikings I mean). But, who took this picture and even gave the camera back? (Well, there were lot's of witnesses, and about 58% gave a simular description of that creep that took this photo - I'm coming back to this event, well, what do you think about such a reveal?).

More to come, when I do “wake up” from my hibernation

In the meantime, read and comment and wish a Happy New Year to (it's many more, but how to reveal them all?): Special wish to Charles ( RennyBA's blog) designer - hope the "Paperwork" will soon be done. I think "expat-travelere" will understand.
All Cybercruisers - Here in the Hills - Spilling out - Lime

Mrs Lifecruiser - RennyBA - Fleur de Lisa - Ghee - Mar - Gattina - Shionge - Susie the indian (Asia) - Shadow Falcon

Have a great New Years Eve

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tor: You are a part of a Global community and your contribution to make it interesting, nice and pleasurable is wonderful - you are like a Papa for all of us and your wonderful wife is such a great supporter too!

Thanks for this post about your adventures in Buenos Aires (I would have loved to dance tango with her too you know!).

Diane and I are dreaming about the same as you for 2007 and are looking forward to have our friendship to grow in the year to come - welcome to Mariestad any time!

New Years Kisses and Hugs to both of you from both of us :-)

December 31, 2007 2:19 am  
Blogger DianeCA said...

Hey Dude og dudette! we are having a good time in Mariestad but miss you dearly. next time we will have ot plan better. I really enjoyed our time together in 2007 as did my whole family, and we hope with all our hearts that you will join us in 2008 and we will be invited to your cottage as well. Give Anne my love and tell her i think of her often!! Best regards, trouble ---å ah DianeCA

December 31, 2007 2:28 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

BLOGGER wouldn't let me comment before! Grrrrr, Blogger!

This was such a fantastic trip, Tor....but it is like the Tsi Tsi Fly has bitten and you and makes you sleepy, all the time....! *I hope you aren't suffering from some illness, and that it is just the Winter Doldrums after so much traveling....!

Forgive me for not putting your "link" in my Christmas Card post....I am not myself....LOL!

I am going to put up my New Years post in just a little while....And I think you will enjoy it, a lot! (*naomi smiles*)

A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR DEAR WIFE ANNA...AND TO ALL OF YOUR FAMILY, TOO!
MAY 2008 BE THE BEST YEAR, EVER!

December 31, 2007 4:27 am  
Blogger lime said...

a very happy new year to you and anna! you are a very well travelled viking! thanks for those lovely pictures, the staues are so delightful especially.

December 31, 2007 5:48 am  
Blogger eastcoastlife said...

Hi Toraa,

Wishing you a new year.....
lit up with good times, bursting with fun and sparkling with a whole lot of joy!

December 31, 2007 8:35 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TORAAAAAA!
Only a few hours to go before the even numbered year arrives. I'm super jealous of your South american exploits, I'm going to be saving forever but will eventually get to that lovely Jardin.
I've loved reading your blog this year and will be back for more (also thanks to RennyBA!)
SF xoxoxo

December 31, 2007 8:52 am  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Happy New Year! :)

December 31, 2007 9:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and happy dreams :-)

December 31, 2007 2:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would the year have been without you two? And your trips, marvelous! So many this year! I'm green of envy, but I really think you've earned them :-) I've been enjoying myself up to 100 percentage!

Ah, yes, we remember it as it was yesterday, the good old days at Fårö.... *giggles*

I hope 2008 will be as filled with joy and laughter - and travel!

(No GERD - nothing else, that's an order.... *giggles*)

Happy New Year Hugs from us two from us two - and some scratching for the cats :-)

December 31, 2007 2:14 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

To my favorite Viking and his Mrs. Anna. A Very Happy New Year to you both.
How fun it has been to share the year with you and get to know each other.
May 2008 be full of light, laughter and even more fun!

December 31, 2007 3:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godt nytt år til deg og Anna!!!

December 31, 2007 5:59 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Ah... such adventures, you are a jet setter extraordinaire!
My good wishes to you and Anna and all your family, including Rosa and felicia.... health and happiness for 2008.

January 01, 2008 3:37 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Oh my ! you were in a very good shape when you wrote all this ! and I thought you are laying half dead in your bed (with the cats) Glad to see that apparently you feel much better. How was new Years eve ? I described ours here in Belgium on my blog today and also the different hours lol ! My poor cats (BTW, forgot the COT ??) had a bad moment at midnight with the fireworks, they jumped in all directions and Arthur hid in my wardrobe.
I have a hilarious video on my blog that you should see ! Bush will attack the heaven because of terrorists !

January 01, 2008 5:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a marvelous poete et un grand pigeon voyageur avec anna, Tor! Nice to walk in these beautiful parks with statues and kids! A good begining for 2008!

January 01, 2008 11:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tor, you are my favorite Viking and a very dear blogger friend. I am so glad to know you in the blogosphere.

You have taken us all along on your travels with you, kind friend.

I hope you are feeling better.

January 03, 2008 12:38 am  
Anonymous kate said...

Wow... Nice pictures you've got here. Is this the pictures you've taken from your travels? Wow im so envious. I'm gonna take photos as muc has possible when i travel around the world.

February 22, 2010 1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home