Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Summer Vacation: Short Report #5

July 5, 2011
We went up to Grand Rapids, Michigan State, to visit Fredrik Meijer Gardens and Sculputer Park a.o.
We had never heard about this park before; I hereby recommend  it to all lovers of Art and Flowers and Nature.

Here follows some snap-shots from July 5:
Orchides Blue 
Blue Orchide
The American Horse
The American Horse
Laying Man 
The Laying Man. The Park is so huge and packed with exciting observations, it is recommended to lay down and memorize for a while.

(I promise to post much more from this extrodinary park when back at home)
Papa loved Joe playing and sing like JLL
Joe is a great musician, married to Dana, who is sister of my Sons wife. When he played and song “Great Balls of Fire”, papa was like a teenager again;-)
Charley's Crabs 
We asked Joe if he could recommend a restaurant – we told him what would like to have for Dinner, and ended up here.
Oysters
Anna and papa loves Oysters… (rest of the meal will be revealed during the Autumn)
Pacific Rim - Riesling
We choosed a Riesling from Washington state. Very fresh and suitable for Oysters – Champagne is as well accepted;-)
Lamp in the Evening 
OK, Good Night Folks;-)

More to come….

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous claudie said...

Perfect! This was a perfect dinner! You make me hungry, Tor! I'm so curious and would want to taste this american wine! Temptation! Sounds you had a marvelous moment visiting the park and enjoy the music!

July 06, 2011 9:48 am  
Blogger Sandee said...

You act like a teenager because you are young at heart. I've noticed that for years. Just have a fabulous time.

Big hug to you both. :)

July 06, 2011 6:21 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

That is the prettiest flower!

July 06, 2011 8:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you all are having a wonderful time:) So fun to read all the reports:) -hugs, Ingelin and Leander

July 07, 2011 8:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the report and the pics!!!! I haven't been on here enough! I must say, love the oysters and wine! And just love the orchids. I think I might need to go visit the orchid place in California in September!

July 08, 2011 12:06 am  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Now that I see more of your lovely photos I must really visit the sculpture park soon!

July 10, 2011 12:12 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

We were passing ships in the night, dear Tor! So close to each other but so far. Yes, I was at the family cottage in Michigan from Friday to Sunday that weekend.

I think you will always be a teenager at heart!

July 11, 2011 11:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home