Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Market in Frankfurt 24 November – 22 December 2010 –Views from the preparation

X-mas market 2009 
FFM_Weihnachtsmarkt web 
The two above Photos ©Tourismus+Congress GmbH Frankfurt am Main
As my regular readers may recall, we was in Franfurt, Germany last weekend. And on Saturday, we went to the Old Town – Alt Stadt.
Market 3641 
Here people were very busy preparing for the traditional Christmas Market, one of the best and largest in Germany
.Market 3643 
Something for the Kids
Market 3650
Something for the grown ups like Glühwein will be served here.
Market 3644 Market 3649
Market 3651 Market 3645
More scenes from the preparations. Click to enlarge.
Market Römer Balconny 3647 
The Official Opening Ceremony was hostet by Frankfurt's Lord Mayor Petra Roth
Wed., 24.11., 17:00 hrs, Römerberg stage
Adolf Wagner Appfelwein - alles da 
It was a chilly Saturday, so we ended up in a traditional German restaurant, Adolf Wagner. And had local seasonal traditional Geese for dinner. Here we are before the Dinner was served.
Appfle Wein mit Selters 
In this famous establishment they make their own appel wine.
Which is as well a local tradition in this part of Germany (Hessen).
It’s 85% appelwein and the rest is Selters (Sparkling Water). If you will go to this place in the evenings, you have to reserve. It’s very popular.
Metin Leander had a Cold - see his nose 
Young Metin Leander had a Cold. Look at his Nose.
Möet & Chandon Imperial 
We went home to our dear family and guess what?  Have a great time.

Please read this, and you will really understand the meaning of Carpe Diem. 15 Months – and then… Please send your thoughts via my daughter.


More to come…

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa said...

Yes, Tor. Seize every day. Every day is special. :-) I am so glad you have enjoyed this special time with your family.

Hugs to you and Anna.

November 26, 2010 1:25 am  
Blogger Sandee said...

I want to go to that Christmas Market. That is beautiful.

I love all the fun things that you and Anna do. Wonderful.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you both. :)

November 26, 2010 2:41 am  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Oh, that is one of the lovely old time xmas markets!

At least this years xmas markets have had a white start now. Brrr...

So you had a great time together with the new family, I can see - especially the last photo.... *giggles*

November 28, 2010 8:23 pm  
Blogger Ola said...

I would love to see such Christmas Market-they are not a part of our tradition

November 29, 2010 12:57 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I do so much remember the Christmas markets in Germany, Tor. Many happy memories. Of course, Holland isn't that far away!

November 29, 2010 5:05 pm  
Blogger Marie said...

What a lovely post. Many nice pictures you are sharing with us. Thank´s for your visit.

November 29, 2010 6:55 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That looks like a fantastic Holiday Display! A Christmas Market to end all Christmas Markeys! And as always, you all have such a good time together.

November 29, 2010 9:54 pm  
Blogger sinneskatten said...

Tyskarna kan verkligen det där med julfirande.
Det går åt mycket lampor för att få det att lysa så.

November 30, 2010 8:51 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Tor - thanks for your comments..yes, I wont propose, I won't seek for approval I shall just do it :D

November 30, 2010 9:39 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

I don't know what happened I must have overlooked you in my Google Reader, now I am catching up on your blog !
Frankfurt is the town I was born and where my whole family is coming from. My parents married there and and my grandparents lived there too. Now there are still some relatives left not living in Frankfurt but nearby. Imagine besides my birth day I have never been there, only at the station where my grandpa picked me up to go further to Schlüchtern where they lived !

Your grandson is a cutie ! mine is now 2 weeks old. Thanks to Skype I can see him regularly !

December 03, 2010 7:13 am  
Anonymous Boz said...

Many years ago I was a student at the U of Frankfurt/M and had frequent opportunities to enjoy the aeppelwoi (apfelwein, but pronounced in Frangfurderisch), especially in the entertainment district across the Main River, Sachsenhausen. Apparently the market is held in the square at the Roemer, where the Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire once were chosen.... Prost!

February 17, 2011 3:44 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home