Monday, October 02, 2006

Napa 2

MUMM NAPA

As far as I know, MUMM is a famous brand for French Champagne. And I’ve been to France more or less every year since 1964 (Exept between 1994-2002 – when we did vist Latin America several times).

So, I was surprised that the neighbouring wineyard to ZD Wines is MUMM Napa.




















MUMM in Napa Valley? Why are they here? Do they sell their French Champagne?. Curious as I am, I handed the situation over to my cousin Rande who seemed to be very well informed about the area:


”Oh, Mumm, we have time to taste there as well, he said just hitting the road outside ZD, or shall we go for a longer ride. At 3 pm I said: OK. Let’s stop here. I want to taste what this French Champagnemakers can do in Napa.
















Anna, Rande and me did taste the sparkeling Mumm from Napa. IT is made from Napa Grapes and produced ”methode champanoise”.


What it tasted? That’s something out of discussion. Your taste and mine may differ. Sweet, semi-dry or dry. Though it’s alcohol. So take care. If you do not know to handle the ”bubbles”.


PS. Our Waitress at Mumm, after knowing we were from Norway, claimed she knew some Norwegian jokes. But they were told by Swedes. We got a free glass of Mumm Napa when explaining.

I can live with tollerance. Special when it means a glass of free "Champagne".

Also this one: Somebody has used my name as their brand!















B4P. (blog for peace)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aaaaaah, thanks, Tor - I sure I can handle the bubbles. May I have another glass, please?

March 24, 2007 5:16 pm  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

whoa I'm getting thirsty for that champagne too! Hey I see Anna!!

March 24, 2007 6:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I might do an exception from the dom and have a couple of glasses here too ;-)

*bubblegiggles*

March 24, 2007 8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home