Friday, June 27, 2008

Papa left alone - or?

Anna is in Hong Kong.
(Click all photos to see the fabulous details)

No doubt, she is there.

Visiting Ingelin with A-L. Here they are all three of them. Dinner I presume?
(Photos received Friday morning)

I'm in the Summerhouse in inner Oslofiord, Norway, with two pregnant Cats.

So what do I do besides feeding the mothers to be?
Blogging? Reading? Eating? Nothing?
Well, my dear readers allready do know the one and only
RennyBA did visit me. I picked him up from a meeting not vey far from where I did work on Thursday and we went out to our Summerhouse. Some shopping of course had to be done. Quickly. Food and beverages. Oh, men are men. LOL.

Then we sat down talking and talking for hours on the Platform.


Suddenly Renny got the idea of showing his dear readers the old childhood tradition of treading wild Strawberries on a straw. Here you see Renny at work and dreaming back to childhood.

We allmost forget to make dinner - men you know. Typical. Talking too much. LOL.

Renny had Baked Turkey and I Baked Cod, both with Cheese inside. I did make some wok-like fruit and vegetable and herbs as sidedish. (Tomatoes, Pepperfruits, habaneras, chilis, bananas, apples, herbes, desalted Soya sauce, virgin olive oil, pine seeds etc - all chopped and heated in the Pan).

After dinner we climbed to the top of the estate. It was after 10 pm. To have a look at the spectacular scenery - Islands - Hills - Oslofjord - Villages - the Norwegian Summer Night - Vegetation - Nature . (The Summerhouse is right down under behind Renny - it's to steep to climb right up, so we needed to attack the top from around and back - even then steep)
As you can see.: The Sun are still shining on the Village in the background (Dröbak as presented on Cybercruise last year)


Then we went bakc through the Jungle in the tiny Vally just behind our Summerhome. Here you see Renny taking photos of the waterfalls in the tiny creek.

On Friday, we did wake up early. For Breakfast and waiting for our parabol to be installed.
We have had no TV for 6 weeks due to the implementation of the digital TV-network here in Norway.

The young man was very serviceminded and did his job quickly. Down under is Tomatoes and Pepper (Paprika) plants.

We now have about 55 TV- Channels. From different nations and languages. It's lot's more than I can cope with. It's sure something for everybody. Even a Channel that only shows Poker. That one will not be my favourite. I don't gamble.

(Renny had to leave by bus from our Summerhouse to Oslo (about 75 minutes). And later this Friday he and his lovely American Wife, Diane, went to Mariestad. We (Anna and me will join them there in the last half of July, before I go to visit our Son in Michigan and around)).

PS. Talking about gambling. Last Saturday it was a quizz program on the local Radio Station. Haha - I had my lap-top ready and did google-search for each question. Then I called the radio station. For each correct answer I received a "Ticket" and at 1:30 am it was time for drawing.

I did win a scratch lottery ticket, which I did receive in the mail box on TORsday.
After scratching, result: 2 x 5 USD. ( 2 x 25 NOK). Hurray.


Have a splendid and marvellouse Weekend everybody.
Hugs from
two Cats and Papa in the Summerhouse

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know the girls are having fun in HK - they really looks great!

What a lovely report of our day (and night!) together Tor. Boys just wanna have fun once in a while too of course - and we did ;-) The food tasted delicious, the scenery was breath taking and the strawberries tasted marvellous.

Yea, it was your lucky day - and mine too! Looking forward to see both you and Anna in July!

June 28, 2008 12:30 am  
Blogger Sandee said...

Great on the win. The food did look very, very good. Between you and Renny I'm hungry most of the time. You two certainly know how to eat. Have a great day. Big hug. :)

June 28, 2008 12:54 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I think next summer Hubby and I should plan a trip to Norway! Hubby has been, of course, but he says he would love to go again! I, of course, would love to go and meet up with you, Anna, Renny and Diane! Perhaps the Captain too!

June 28, 2008 2:01 am  
Blogger lime said...

it is so strange to think that one picture in daylight was taken after 10pm. i like the strawberry threading idea and to see your charming smile again does my heart good. so glad you and renny had such a nice time.

June 28, 2008 3:25 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Looks like you and Renny had a GREAT Time, Tor....And I hope Anna enjoys her time in Hong Kong with your daughter....! While the wives are away, the men will play...lol!


I didn't mean to be rude the other day....I was expecting a very important business call and thought that was it when you called..So, I had to get off quickly so they could get through...I apologize...And they DID Call, right after I hung up with you. So, ALL worked out okay here....Except Not With You! (lol)

Have a lovely Weekend with the TWO Pregnant Cats.....
My Birthday Celbration was WONDERFUL....And now I am ready to go to sleep....!

June 28, 2008 9:38 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey that's so cool Tor and more luck to come ya.

I am so glad to see that smile on your face. You & Renny did have a good time huh?!!!

About treading strawberries on a straw that sounds pretty interesting.

Have a great weekend.

June 28, 2008 5:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tor! Hope you and the pregnant cats are doing fine. I know you miss your lady quite a bit even though your are glad she is off having fun with the kids. That was one sexy guest you had ;-) I do mean the one with the beard, Mr. RennyBA of course. Glad he could keep you company for a while. We are looking forward to your visit to our summer place, we were talking about it just this morning over breakfast on our balcony :-)

June 28, 2008 9:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting, to stay home with two pregnant women - even if they're cats.... *giggles*

It looks like they're having a good time in HK - and you too at home. I'm sure you had a great time with Renny!!!

It seem to be very beautiful surroundings at your summerhouse, just like the rest of Norway seem to be for that matter.

Maribeth's suggestion sounds great I think, as long as it isn't in July when we're on our summer paradise island.

June 28, 2008 10:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tor!!!!

I am so happy to see your smile again!And wow,Renny is really a good friend of yours!inspite of his busy sched,he gave up some time just to spend days with you.

but hey,you guys can survive even without your wives,haha!too much talking is ok,i hope i can sit in too!im also talkative and cheerful!

i miss yah Tor!Happy to be back!

cheers!!
ghee

July 01, 2008 2:56 pm  
Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

That is a hell lot of channels and I'm glad we don't have that many channels in Singapore.

July 08, 2008 3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home