Friday, August 01, 2008

Papa arrived safe and sound in Chicago

Twentyone hours after I wake up this morning I entered my hotel room in Chicago (Best Western Riverside North) - the same as Anna I did have 2 years ago.
The journey went as planned. And as smooth can these Days. e-ticket check in to American Airlines took and hour or so in Frankfurt and immigration at O'Hare took excactly one hour. I rented a red Dodge Charger at the Airport and went downdown in about 35 minutes.

Here is the view from my hotel room.

More to come...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Glad you arrived safely. Your view is wonderful. Enjoy your stay and your family. Big hug. :)

August 01, 2008 3:40 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

So happy to read that you arrived safely, Tor! I haven't been in Chicago for almost 40 years!!! But, I liked it a lot when I was there, 'back in the day'.
Hope your trip to Michigan goes smoothly, as well!

August 01, 2008 8:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know you've arrived safe and sounds - thanks for keeping us posted!

Wishing you a wonderful stay with friends and family :-)

August 01, 2008 10:14 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Yo I wanna be there in Chicago again...have fun shopping at Michigan Avenue & Navy Pier my friend.

Have a wonderful time Toraa :D

August 01, 2008 10:51 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Glad to know you are safely in the USA! Now drive carefully and keep us posted on your visit!

August 01, 2008 5:08 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a very long day for you. I hope you are able to adjust to the time zone change. I am horrible at doing that!

August 02, 2008 1:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful view! When I was at Roissy airport I was reading the destinations and of course this of Chicago! Can't wait to travel!

August 02, 2008 5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home