Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obamas's Inauguration as seen from Norway

The American Dream realized

Obama's Inauguration as seen from a Norwegian blogger.

Most Norwegian and European journalists have for decades beeing very negative to Republican US Presidents, no matter their efforts.

But this time, after 8 years with a certain person from Texas as President, even I have been looking forward to change in domestic US Politics and a more pragmatic view of the World outside.

At last a United
United States of America.
The most multiracial, religious and cultural Nation on Planet Earth.
The "Promised Land" that all of my grandmas brothers emigrated to, from a very poor Norway in the very late 1890's
I hope the promised changed will ben
efit all people in USA and around the Globe.
Peace and Respect, with tolerance and pragmatic solutions.


Here in Norway's Oslo Area, this afternoon rush hours was pleasant. I left work some minutes before 4 pm. The worst rush hour. Normally.
To visit my mother (89). Rush hour? Why on a Tuesday, so few Cars on the Highways?
Hmm, believe it or not. People went home early to watch this historical moment on TV - Live.

We sat together , my Mother and I, we watched the historical Moment. On TV. We have more Family in US than in Norway. And I have my youngest Son living across the Southern part of Lake Michigan, just across from Chicago. With other words, What happens in US does have an impact of me as well.

My Mother was very touched when we watched TV.

After visiting my Mother, I drove downtown, to hand over some Opera Tickets to some Friends (New Years Eve).
Our Friends came out with Tears in their Eyes. Not for the Tickets.
But the incredible Fact:
Barrack Obama's inauguration as President of USA.
They have worked in Waskington DC for may Years. He as a Norwegian Diplomate.

When arriving home, just to prove we did follow.

I hope for a better, more pragmatic and respectful world and a lot's better and safer daily life for the American's in general. And that greed should be punished.

I say: Support the new Administration, but do not think the change will come with your next salary or bill.
It will take time to get rid of a rotten heritage. More time than you might think.
Now it's time to have a long and prosperous perspective.

Have a great Future

PS. Internett had without doubt a really high Trafic today. The response time for posting has been very loooong.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

thank you for your perspective and for your well wishes. although i do not agree with all of obama's policies i do have hope that he can rebuild some of our tattered relations across the globe. this is something i look forward to with great expectancy.

January 21, 2009 1:44 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I couldn't agree more. Here's to a brave new world!

January 21, 2009 3:00 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

An exciting incredible moving day here....I was glued to my TV fromearly motning---and it is STILL on now...The last of The Inaugural Balls, over.....! WHAT A DAY! WHAT A WONDERFUL HOPEFUL AND EXCITING DAY!

January 21, 2009 8:00 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

I have had some family in the USA too, but I have never watched an inauguration ! but this time it was special,we watched from 6 pm on where it was transmitted life. The first American President I remember as a teenager was Kennedy !

January 21, 2009 8:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

January 21, 2009 10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really happy for this kind of historical event....though,the last pic got me nervous when The Pres. and The First Lady walked for about 7 min...

I am really looking forward to seeing the success and development in the near future!!

ghee

January 21, 2009 4:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am truely amazed at his charisma and public speaking abilities... AMazing!

January 21, 2009 7:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. It's actually quite strange if you think about it, how the shift of one person, the president, can make such big difference - especially in the hope of people.

January 21, 2009 7:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched it too of course and living with Americans it was interesting to hear they said for long time since they came to Norway, they where proud to be Americans.

Yes, its prosperous.

January 22, 2009 6:39 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Its brilliant isn't it. Lets all hope this means something good is happening for all the world.

January 23, 2009 10:30 am  
Blogger Suzann said...

Oh Yes - it is amazing here in our country. Everywhere people are feeling hopeful and optimistic - everyone is talking about the inaugural and the new President. In meetings, in the hallway, at home and in public places!!! We are proud of our country - we have such dire problems and we have challenges ahead but oh, it is wonderful to feel like we have an opportunity to rebuild here at home and around the world.

January 23, 2009 2:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the Norwegian perspective, and much of the worlds perspective. I must admit that it is fascinating to experience this being an American living away from my home country. It is very interesting to hear the opinions of Europeans on our politics. As you well know I support Obama, and while I realize that change takes time, I believe he means what he says and says what he means.

January 23, 2009 10:54 pm  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

What a wonderful and historic day for us here in America Tor...and for everyone all over the world. It was amazing....touching and emotional. We have a long road ahead, but we look forward to it with a renewed vision of hope and inspiration. Barack Obama is our President, and I know he will work hard for us....and with us. He is a truly good man. I have supported him from the very beginning. He is meant to be here for us now....and he means what he says. Thanks Tor...

January 24, 2009 9:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 14, 2009 3:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

, alicia witt nude, %DDD, natalya rudakova playboy, >:DD, lea thompson nude, ukwlu, jeanne tripplehorn nude, 8-],

August 03, 2011 10:50 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home