Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Summer is over - some very good memories

The Summer of 2010 here in Norway is more or less over. Where we live, we have had a green winter, and August was the coldest and most Rainy in 28 years. Not one single day swimming. The Ocean was too cold or simply too many jellyfish the type that burns.
In spite of these facts, we have lot's of great memories, among them our trip to Istanbul and Southern Turkey  - in the Bodrum area.
Highlight #1 the OsloBG - The Oslo Blog Gathering in August - Here "behind the scenes"..
 We have collected some bottles from that exceptional event. As you might see (Click on the Photo), a very international collection of wines brought by Lifecruiser, Lazaza, RennyBA and DianeCA besides TorAa.
If you ponder: We did not drink all the bottles during one evening. LOL!
I must admit, it was hard to go back to work after our blog-friends went back to their respective homes around the globe. We had for some Days in a kind of Abstinence.
Missing the presence of the Global and friendly Blogger Community.
We will meet again;)
PS
Anna and Papa will visit some secret places during this Autumn/Fall.
Our Cats are doing well.
And I suddenly realized I've been a blogger since late August 2006.
Since that I've met some wonderful people from around the World.
People we will meet again and people we have not yet met in person so far.
More to come....

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous DianeCA said...

Hey sweetie! You've been blogging for 4 years now, wow where does the time go! And we have both been so lucky to meet lots of great people! I agree it was quite a cold summer although I did go swimmming several times, I am the type of person who likes to be tough and go in when everyone else is chicken hehehe! Glad you got warmed up on your vacation to Istanbul! I am trying to talk Renny into a "resteplass" trip to someplace in southern Europe before it gets all cold there too!!!

September 08, 2010 9:43 pm  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

These are great pictures Tor...I especially love the one of you and Anna. You two look very happy...and having a wonderful time. It looks like our summer might be over too. The weather has been a little cooler and I'm seeing slight signs of Autumn....which is just fine with me. Autumn is my favorite season. Take care... ~Joy

September 08, 2010 10:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Tor!
I like to see Anna in the pictures. I didn't met her in Oslo...
Good and sweet memories from you, Claudie & Pierre, Li & Bo, and all the others.
Hope to see you again.

September 09, 2010 1:08 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

I'll drink to that Tor :) If ever you come by to visit me in Singapore remember to let me know ya I'll bring you around Singapore :)

September 09, 2010 4:26 am  
Blogger Ola said...

Pity to hear that August was so cold:( Here surprisingly the summer was good, and what is even more surprzing we had sunny and hot weekends:)

September 09, 2010 2:15 pm  
Blogger Rimkogeren said...

Tak for din herlige kommentar :-)
Man kan da sige at det har flasket sig (flaske, slang for at noget går godt) God weekend.

September 10, 2010 8:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos Tor and yes, it's a bit sad that summer is finally over :(

September 12, 2010 11:06 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

As you now settle in for a long winter's nap, Tor, savor all the memories, as I know you will. I love that all the plannings of the year came to a successful end. You can all be proud of yourselves!

September 13, 2010 7:49 pm  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Just enjoying this post very much :-)))

ah, all those lovely memories!!!!

September 15, 2010 1:50 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Any California Wines, Tor? (lol)...I know you had such a very very special Summer--in every way---not the least of which was the BIG BLOGGER OSLO MEET!
I would have LOVED to be there.....Sad Sad Sad.

September 16, 2010 4:00 am  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

Four years a blogger! What an achievement, and your posts are always so interesting too. Congratulation.

September 20, 2010 4:09 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home