A visit to Umlauf Sculpture Garden, Austin, Texas
Both contemporay and classical – Comedy, paintings and sculptures. In different settings.
So, here you are invited to an afternoon i Austin, Texas.
All Photos are taken by me. Click on each Photos to see the details. And I’ve placed them inbetween my conversation with the Officicials of the Umlauf Sculpture Garden.
This time I will invite you to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden in Austin, Texas. Yeah, it’s a natural Garden, or Park if you will.
About Charles Umlauf here. (We have visited South Haven in Michigan, where he was born).
Not very big, you can walk the garden for 15 minutes, our spend a day or two, if you really love what you see.
When we arrived with our friends, we were introduced as Norwegians, which in fact is true, to the management.
- That’s interesting, do you know the Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo?
- Yeah, we have lived only some minutes walking distance from the park for years.
- Yeah, we did, and the Park was our recreational area. What can be better than nature and Art at the same time?
- You should know, when we planned this open air sculpture park, we went 2 places to learn how to plan and build it: The Vigeland Park in Oslo and as well The Rodin Museum and Park.
We needed to learn from others. As you will see, the Garden is not very large, but we hope you will like how we have have arranged the different sculptures in the nature.
- But before you enter the Garden, just enjoy our exhibition from the art of Charles Umlaufs children. (That was uttermost interesting)
- yeah, we will (and we enjoyed with great interest – no Photos allowed).
We went the tour, took photos (here: The Skater) and more photos, and went back in to the reception:
- Thanks for an exeptional experience.
Even 7 hours time difference could not take away my passion for walking in nature surounded by art. (7 hours in 2 Days - try it)
Then I start talking about a new, great sculpture park idea in Oslo:
Christian Ringnes’ Women Sculpture Park in the Forest Hill overlooking Oslo, from the area where Edvard Munch painted the background for Skrik – The Scream.
Must be a World sensation. Right?
Well, we talked and talked – with the people in charge of this wonderful Sculpture Garden. Wonderful place to relaxe. Even the Wild Pigs listened.
Above: How exciting to walk around in the nature and discover Art
– The Female beauty in nature..
People in love – that’s the best. Peace in Nature? I love this sculpture..
Around the next bushes: Yeah, ART in Nature is next to heaven.
Well, we were late for dinner. It was a “high fly” experience.
In some years, you are wellcome to Oslo, to have the best art experience on this tiny planet. Just take the Gondol from Oslo Opera House and walk around in the Sculpture Forest – also with signs before the Vikings.
Art, nature and History is giving, right?