Sunday, January 11, 2009

A very special Dinner - dedicated Captain Lifecruiser

What a great evening with Friends
You know, not everything from a Dinner may be posted.
But I tell you:


We started with fresh Strawberries and a Riesling from Alsace and Sparkling Water, in our Kitchen. As you see, our selected guests left some berries to Anna and me;)) That's what's friends are for. Right?

Then we went to the Living Room.

Roar (That's a masculin name not a sound from a wild preditator)
my old pal from School back in the early 60'ies, is a master in opening Champagne.
Justh look at his unique way of opening a Dom Perignon. Not at single drop spilled.
And opened soundless. Only Masters can do that.

Ready for the course?
Ok, here we go:
First of all you need to have a "Dom" in your home.
Secondly, you need an expert to open the bottle correctly.
As you allready know, we had both the expert , the Dom and a Towel






Mission completed

Below is the Table with the Dom:


As a starter with the Champagne, which in fact was a gift from Mrs and Mr Lifecruiser to Anna's 3x20 Event in September last year, we served Gravlax with a mustard sauce, special made for this fish, and home baked bread with real Butter.

Main Dish was Venison. The very best. Carree de Venison.

And Anna knows how to serve it perfectly.

With Green Beans from our Summer Garden and "Hasselback"- potatoes ( a wondeful Swedish creation you must try), Game Sauce and fresh mashed Partridgeberries (tyttebær).

From here on, papa had to admit: I joined the meal and the conversation, and forgot you my dear blogger friend. I did not take any more Photos. But I'll reveal the rest of our meal - in words.

Then we had Cheeze. One French Camembert (10 hours in Room temperature) and one Blue, a Norwegian Selbu, that is top World Class. Only available locally and a few other stores.

Dessert? As usual Rasberries from our Summer Garden and genuine Vanilla Ice Cream. And Eclairs.

We ended up with Espresso and very "dark" chocolade. Even a taste of Calvados.

Haha,
when our distinguished Guest had left:
This is how the Table looked like:

But, but what about the Cats?

Did they have a great time as well - served fav dishes


Miieow - Felicia in one of the Kitchen Windows


Mieaaw - Rosa in the Bedroom Window
And here the Day after:

Anna Sunday Morning.

But, where is papa?
Behind the Camera. Where else?


What we talked about for about 7 houres?
You will only know, if seated for a Dinner with us. Is that too much to demand?

PS. I'll send you a very special postcard if you can describe my clothings in this written moment;))

Labels: , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

I'm waiting!!!

January 11, 2009 2:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I've experienced Anna's fantastic cooking and both of you as the greatest hosts and sitting around the table with you - as friends - is not less than fantastic!

I'm glad you've manage to clean up your Picasa too course the pics was great.

Have a great Sunday evening -- whatever you are wearing -- and a great week ahead!

Ohh yea; See you on Monday afternoon :-)

January 11, 2009 11:56 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Maybe your bathrobe?!!! Sounds and looks good! My meat loaf dinner turned out great too. My husband was hungry after skiing 30 km yesterday and again today!

Truth be known, I don't like dark chocolate...but I love milk choc. because it's so velvety and melts in your mouth. Which is supposed to be better, Swiss or Belgian chocolate?

January 12, 2009 2:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME too want a dinner like that! Good to see you enjoy the weekend with old friends. Here I am in Vietnam in Dalat - a beautiful mountain village that
I will explore more tomorrow. It took the bus 8 hrs to drive 200 Ks!!! In Norway that would take 2-3 hrs....

January 12, 2009 12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THe above comment was from Ingelin :)

January 12, 2009 12:04 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Wonderful meal, Tor. When I come to Norway in 2010 we must plan an event like this.
I also have the talent of opening a champagne bottle with no fuss or drips! It's a gift from God! (giggles)
I think you may be sitting in your living room with no clothes at all! Relaxing after a long sleep!

January 12, 2009 3:25 pm  
Blogger lime said...

i think you and anna really knwo how to make a dinner extra special. how wonderful a time it must have been.

January 12, 2009 10:51 pm  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I love Dom!!!!

Looks like a fun time :)

January 13, 2009 12:39 am  
Blogger Suzann said...

nothing is what you are wearing :) how did i do???? xo

January 13, 2009 5:02 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Yum, Tor, your dinner sounds delicious. No wonder you forgot to take photos...too busy eating! As for what you are wearing...your birthday suit???

January 14, 2009 9:05 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

@: I was dressed very well suited for my Clothing budget;))

January 14, 2009 4:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is making me so hungry! :)

January 15, 2009 1:39 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dom and cammembert-- divine!

Je pense-- au naturel? :)

January 15, 2009 2:56 am  
Blogger Shadow said...

right, an invitiation to a dinner like this will be nice, heee heee heee

January 15, 2009 8:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I barely made it here but I was to hungry after this starving stomach bug thing to not go to this post and read.....

Looks like a wonderful dinner and time indeed.

I'm very pleased to see that the Dom got appreciated - and with friends too - that's just perfect!

Hugs from the still sick Lifecruisers

January 15, 2009 9:40 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You tickle me to death, Tor. One day I hope to sit at table with you and Anna...and hear all your wonderful secrets! :)

January 15, 2009 8:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm,yummy dom and food!!aarrgghhh,im really starving!!!

wow,7 hours!your clothings,Tor?You sure you had something on that moment?haha!Im just kidding...lets see...your friend was wearing his suit,so you might be in the same outfit?without a tie?without socks?LOL...sorry,im just teasing,i cant help it. :D

i enjoyed your posts,Tor,as usual!!

January 17, 2009 6:17 am  
Blogger Bella Baita Marla said...

What a wonderful dinner and of course always made better with good friends. I like scrolling down to see each being presented. I have thougth about you and your wife's loss of your son especially during the holiday season. I can only imagine how difficult it was for you. thank goodness you still have other family to share your your joy and sadness as well. I found the cemetery photos touching as well. My thought s go with you. Not to end on a glum note, but just wanted to share that with you.

January 19, 2009 7:18 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home