Saturday, January 06, 2007

A new Life

Moving from The Entrence Hall

It was a stupid thing on the first hand to install the Broadband equipment in the Entrence Hall. But when you are pressed of time, you seek the simplest and quickest solution. At least some times. After all, I had a longawaited high-speed connection from home. A giant step forward compared to blogging from my cubicle at work. Freedom, I welcome you.

Tuesday early afternoon, I descided to get rid of all my old computer equipment, CPU, CRT and printer. The CPU was so infected it was DEAD anyway. So why not get rid of the rest of the spacedemanding boxes? RIP at the recylce depot.
I’ve allready ordered a new TP.

Wednesday evening evening I deinstalled the whole broadband-”thing”, Shaped up, a little bit, on my home office desk, to make room for 2 laptops.

I brought the connection boxes into the combined home-office/guestroom/where-to-put-it- what-ever-it-is-room.

Kneeled down under the desk.

To dark. Need a lamp.

Flew around the house in search for a suiteable one. Nothing.

Then good advices are expensive. I took my night-table reading lampe.

Shit, I buy a new one to the office in a couple of days. (he-he optimist).

Then with lights on under the table, I fixed the connection in nanoseconds. At least, I felt I was that quick. (Times goes faster with age, you know)

Cables plugged in. Start computer.

I’m on the net. Hurray.

Should have brought out the Champagne, but: Working day tomorrow.

Instead I changed my blog lay-out. Without my regular working glasses, it was very exhausting, working with my head, I felt, inside the screen.

First thing after, was to seek for an alternativ for Flickr (I still use them) to do some easy photo-blogging. Discovered Fotothing. And now I’m an FT’er as well.

So here I am, with my new almost TV-free life.

Have a smashing weekend.

PS. Must remember to close the door, to protect the el-cords from being destroyed by our two Manx-cats.
Rosa and Felicia

Excuse my bad English. I can hardly see the Keyboard due to lack of my working glasses

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just popped by to once again say thanks for the tip about GERD. Though I don't think that's my problem since I don't have as much problem with the acid in that way.

OH, those lovely computer things... We want a laptop to use at Fårö in the summers, they've got wireless net over there in the café last year, so we just have to sneak in on that...

We'll see if we can get one or if we have to priotize other things. Like two new computers at home. and a new printer. And a couple of new digital cameras. and a new mobile phone.... *lol*

The never ending story ;-)

Ah, give the catwomen a scratch from me, they look so lovely in that chair!

Oh, and love the new blog layout and color, it look delicious like olives which happens to be my favorite snacks.

January 06, 2007 3:18 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

Thank you for a very kind comment.

Have you thaugt about what lap-tops are: Portable.LOL.

And in the meantime: Have some olives during the weekend.:-))

Allways nice to read your blog and comments.

January 06, 2007 3:39 am  
Blogger Raquel said...

Hi Tor, I don't have any idea when it comes to computer hard drive. But anyway, I'm glad everything went ok.

What a nice blogging place, hehehe.

January 06, 2007 8:55 am  
Blogger Tim said...

Congrats on all the new hardware, Tor. I wouldn't throw away all of that old equipment, though. You can still save things such as video cards and ram, depending on their memory, of course.

Beautiful cats! You know, though, our cats never bother the millions of cords around the house, and I never stopped to wonder why. These two don't even like catnip - very unnatural for a cat. Maybe they need a cat psychiatrist. Any insight?

January 06, 2007 9:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God morning Tor and welcome to the new world of broadband at home. First off all I will say that the cats are adorable. I don't know about you old chap. And since I know you I can imagine your struggles without your working glasses.

I don't use Flickr or Fotothing. But since you do could you write an article about pro&cons and which to choose?

January 06, 2007 9:17 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Yo Great Job :D Although hard work I must add, have a wonderful weekend pal!

January 06, 2007 5:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tor I hope your cats do stay away from the cords after all of your very hard work. Enjoy your new set up!

January 06, 2007 11:04 pm  
Blogger RennyBA said...

What a hilarious and funny story and welcome to the broad band world TorAa! Now you've got all you need to have fun on the net and you'll find TV just a dull thing:-)

But what about a router? Get rid of the wires and let your guests and visitors connect to the net world too!

January 06, 2007 11:13 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Raquel: I'm so proud you like my new site.I'll do my best to live up to it.
@Tim: Well my old PC was dead by viruses and worms and all kind of shit, so it would not start again. And the printer: Almost impossible to find colour cartridges. And the CRT simply stole most of the desk.
Our cats catches worms and snakes during the summer, so the cables are just peace of cake training.LoL.
@gunnarbraathen: I'll give you my viewpoints directly to you about Flickr and Fotothings, but one thing is for sure: You'll have more and better comments on FT, and the photo Quality is generally higher and it's a smaller commuity.
You have seen me before with my eyes "licking" the screen.LOL.
@Shionge: Thanks, and have a blasting weekend
@Lisa: I need a catwatcher to keep them away.LoL.
I'm very grateful for your comments to my new set-up, as I consider you for pro
@RennyBa: For the past days, TV has been something oldfashioned scrap, but for skijumping.
I'll buy a wireless device. You may give me some advice.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

January 06, 2007 11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is nice! I am also planning to renew some of my hardware. That's why I bought an external harddisk to transfer all of my files. I can't just wait as well to change to Windows Vista.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you!

PS.

Lovely pictures and the cats are cute!

January 07, 2007 12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment such kind words on my memory post today. I understood your English just fine and appreciate your kindness. Many people do not understand the attachment some have with their pets. I love her, as much as I love my family! I miss her so much it hurts.

Your Manx are beautiful. Cherish them.

January 07, 2007 4:25 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

Thank you for your feedback. I will cherish Rosa and Felicia and take even better care of them.

January 07, 2007 4:54 am  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh the joys of installing computers and cables and all that jazz! Well done.

Your English is okay by the way - stop apologising!

Now - how does one pronouce Toraa?

January 07, 2007 10:03 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

If I could speak/write Norwegian as well as you do English, Tor, I'd be a very happy chappy! I'm delighted for you that you figured out all this contraption stuff. Bravo!

January 07, 2007 5:12 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Wendz and Ginnie: I'm flattered.
How to pronounce Tor? Easy.LoL.
The easiest picture I can give: TOUR de France, TOUR Eiffel.TOURnament. The Vikings said: THOR. You pronouce the O with your mouth O-shaped.

January 08, 2007 1:12 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home