Thursday Thirteen - July 12 - 2007
The channel is the largest piece of engineering ever made in
For facts about the Channel, see RennyBA’s post about the Götakanal.
Well, that is the shortest possible background of TORdays sightseeing. You are invited to follow with 13 small pictures.
3) Of course - this is a Farm - The boats must have been pure fantasy
4) Yes, it's true, It's a farm. You can even see the Swedish farmers with their hens
5) The Swedish farmers are very clever to keep used equipment in good shape
6) But the Farmerboy is well equipped with a modern Nokia Mobile. As you can see, he is a happy youngster. What is he waiting for?
7) Boats approaching a bridge - mostly from Sweden but also many Germans, some Danes and a very few Norwegian
8) Bellevue - what a ship for a Honymoon Cruise. Gliding through the farmland. Time for lovers. Guess who took that cruise for HM? Our gentle hosts, of course.
Renny and Diane went on Honeymoon cruise with this charming boat at the channel. Quality time together, which Renny so often refers to.
9) This is the old packhouse by the channel - were goods were stored for export and local import.
10) Inside the Packhouse is a great collection of rural home equipments. Here you see the famous Spinning Renny.
11) After boats, farmers, museums - we found a local Paradise. In fact run by a couple of Norwegian ladies.
12) Who is sitting there? Looks very familiar
13) Yes - it's us. At the end of the day - the sightseeing part - 3xCoffee and 1 mineral water. Was that all? Oh no - we had apple pie with hot vanilla sauce. What a grand finale.
Wikopedia on Göta kanal (English) - Visit another Blogfriends and Cybercruisers meeting in Marseille. And not to forget to RennyBA.
Have a journey with other Thursday 13ers