Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Gifts and Cards

A SHORT MESSAGE

(the rapid changing weather here knocked my body off - sorry for my "Christmas silence".
So, this is my first sign of contact with the blogger world again:
It's about time to express "Thank You":

The Unique Calender we got from Naomi (made by her self)

Everyone that have learned to know her unique photo's from her Garden and her effort to bring these beautiful photos to the World - yeah - we are really grateful. It's an unique gift. And I could not resist to call her to say thanks - (that's me ---)

And a surprise from Maribeth:

Not the Beautiful Card alone - but combined with the letter therin - we are utterly blushing for this surprise. (ps - my scanner is not fair to this wonderful card)
BIG HUGS.

And a postcard from Ingelin (She was robbed after returing to SoBe from our great adventure together in Argentina - that, my dear readers was a challenging message to receive just before Christmas - she was pushed down an outdooor stair, then robbed - everything but Money and Credir Cards were found close to her appartment - but: a Christmas without money? - To day, you have solutions for such circumstances - easely money transfers -



As a true Viking, she went blue, green, red and yellow to Costa Rica. She is amazing;)
And here is some more X-Mas Cards - only 10% of what we received. Some are very Traditional Norwegian ( God Jul _ Merry Christmas, Joyeux Nöel, Feliz Navid etc) - others are more modern.





This is the Ultimate Christmas Eve Post Card - in Norway. From two of our real friends. We wish K and KM the very best for the year to come and hope they both soon will recover from a long (too long) time of illness.








Danish: "Glaedelig Jul" - "Gledelig Jul" - considered a bit old fashioned in Norway - we say "God Jul" these days---










PS. Hope my health will recover (from very cold to Rain and heavy wind in 10 hours - that seems to have a bad impact on my body - sleep - sleep - even the Cats, have staying in the bed - but that's encouraring in a way - I then think: How a like we are...)

Have so much I should have done/written/comment - I'm embarrassed. Pls keep over with me.

More to come (have not even started Argentina, not finnished with SoBe etc - I think I have to go away to a silent place - LOL )

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful calendar and cards! Great that you're sharing them with us!

Oh, no about the robbing of Ingelin! Horrible shocking news you never wanna hear about... I'm glad that it was nothing more serious though. Phew!

We have a lot of rain and wind here now too, just the kind of weather where you wanna cuddle up indoors in the warmth, just like a cat :-)

(Hugs to U all))

December 28, 2007 12:30 am  
Blogger lime said...

oh no! i am so sorry to hear that ingelin was robbed. i hoe she was not injured in the mugging. how terrible!

the cards are lovely and it's such fun to send and receive them from all over, isn't it?

December 28, 2007 12:38 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a swell idea to Post Christmas Cards, especially Norwehian Cards, which most of us would not see withot you generously sharing them.....I may do that myself, Tor!

And thank you for the lovely mention of my Calendar.....Hope it cheers you and Anna, all year long!

December 28, 2007 2:01 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tor, we are you good friends here and just wish you good health. There will be time to visit and comment on blogs when you are feeling better.

I hope Ingelin is okay now. How terrible that she was robbed!

December 28, 2007 2:06 am  
Blogger Tinsie said...

That calendar and cards are beautiful! Hope you recover soon.

All the best!

December 28, 2007 11:28 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Leave Argentinia for next year when we all have recovered from the festivities ! That temperature raise is terrible, now wonder that it knocked you out together with Christmas food and drinks ! We went to Amsterdam and had a very nice Christmas but the city at Christmas time is depressing ! If you want to see some pictures I publish them tomorrow. Do like the cats sleep 24 h a day !

December 28, 2007 2:55 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ingelin. I know just how she feels, as I was mugged in Miami as well, nearly 20 years ago right after Hubby and I got married. It's frightening. I hope she is okay and that this has not upset her too much. (I was totally freaked out!)
You sit back and get well soon. I'm glad you enjoyed the card and the Christmas letter. ;~)
Happy New Year!!!

December 28, 2007 4:47 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

The Christmas Eve photo card is gorgeous. You and your cats sound like us and many of my friends: just sleeping the week away. But the solstice has come and gone so there is hope now for more light. And you are so much further north! I hope yours is a quiet New Years.

December 29, 2007 12:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Torr!
I hope all gets better now for your body and the weather!
My two daughters had a cold this week even with a nice weather. Cold or warm we need medecin!
But the best medecin in this case, hot water with honey + citron+ rhum=the big form but only for adults of course!

December 29, 2007 10:20 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Of course you know I love the log cabin card the most!!!

December 29, 2007 11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home