Saturday, August 02, 2008

Papa reporting from USA

This morning I wake up very early in the morning in Chicago: Heavy Rainshowers and Thunder.
After a Shower and Breakfast around 7 am, and some mailchecking etc on Internet, I left the Hotel at 9:15 AM.

In spite of several Road Contstruction Areas, the trafic circulated surprisingly well.

Bikers along Interstate 94

First stop was at the Michigan Wellcome Centre at I-94. Had a fruit lunch in the Beautiful Picnic Area.

My Map was a bit bad, so I did some rounds in the Area, just to be known, of course. *giggles*.

Papa and Mats went shopping
Have you heard something similar before?

What did Papa buy?

Yezz - a Nikon D60 - Photo taken with my Pentax Optio (Water- and Dustproof)

Mats had to buy Food (my regular readers do know that's my job too, when at home) - and a Pillow for me. Plus a Night Lamp for my readings.

We went back home and made my camera ready for use. Below is some flower examples:


Then we went back shopping. I had promised Mats and Lori BD presents to their new Garden.
They have a pretty big platform, that needs some big plants.
We found some Palms, but they were too big for the Dodge Charger to bring Home.

Strong Man


Then Lori called, and said: We need a new Hedge Trimmer. Here it is.

Took some more pictures with my new Camera.


These are Chorall Cactuses
Papa makes Dinner
First Aspargus with genuine Butter
Then Cauliflower, Broccoli, Special Saucisses, fresh pepper and tomatoes, French Bread
Rasberries, Bananas and Premium Home made Vanilla Icecream

PS. Lori got a Book from me: Norwegian Cooking

More to come....

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger MaR said...

Lovely report, TorAa, your trip sounds wonderful. Chicago is my kind of town too :)
I like your new camera, I am back using my old HP since the new one is being repaired :(
Have a wonderful weekend with Mats and Lori!

August 02, 2008 12:02 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Oh, and say hello to them too :)

August 02, 2008 12:03 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you made it safely. It sounds like you are having a great time with Mats and Lori! And your fresh asparagus is one of my favorite dishes.

August 02, 2008 1:06 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I can tell that Papa is going to have a good time with his new camera! Congratulations on your purchase!

August 02, 2008 1:41 pm  
Blogger lime said...

welcome to the US. hope your visit is wonderful in every way. that new camera is WONDERFUL and that first shot of the orchid is just gorgeous.

August 02, 2008 2:50 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

So, you are only about 5 hours drive away from me!!! Your dinner is making my mouth water!
Felicia and rosa and Stompa will miss you.... and so will Anna.

August 02, 2008 3:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Papa [wink], I like your new baby-camera. Enjoy your stay in Chicago. Wooowwwtwooowt...

August 02, 2008 4:23 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Yaaay. You're there...or should I say HERE! My sister lives in the Chicago area. So close but so far. And NEXT week we will be at Ruth's near Detroit! I can almost reach out and touch you!

August 02, 2008 4:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful camera! Je n'en reviens pas! Les photos sont magnifiques! Quelles belles plantes exotiques!

August 02, 2008 5:23 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

How fun. I ♥ Lowe's. Have a great time Tor. :)

August 04, 2008 3:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know you are well settled in with your family and congrats with your new Nikon D60 - I envy you - take great pics too - thanks for sharing!

August 04, 2008 11:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home