Saturday, October 04, 2008

Autumn in Southern Norway

Fall report from Norway
This last week: Raining and raining and raining
This Friday - 20 minutes without rain.
We went shopping.

On the Road between our summerhome - 12 minutes or so, it's lots of nature and history.
Believe it or not, what you here see is a dam - a pound - from which Ice was exported to Denmark, Holland and UK. An industry that lasted for some hundreds years. Before the modern fridges. Hundreds lost their jobs. Time changes. Even bloggers.

This is what we see, when we drive to the nearest "Shopping Mall". It's Autumn. Silence. Colours. Change.

I did think you might be interested to see what the nature looks like, in this season here at 60 degrees North. Southward view. 8 minutes from our Summer Home.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wrote a VERY LONG Comment and I hit the wrong Key...And POOF...It is gone......"OH, NO!" I said out loud, to no-one!
Well, it looks like it really wanted to keep raining from these pictures, my dear....!

I just can't write all that again...Sorry Tor.

October 04, 2008 1:57 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

It must be beautiful in summer ! I decided once and for ever that I don't like automn pictures, because I hate this season !
When are you moving back to your winter home ??

October 04, 2008 8:21 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Grey skies...shudder. I find them depressing. Give me sunshine anytime, that's why I live in Queensland. We get rain, but not for weeks on end like New Zealand. It runs soooo much there...

October 04, 2008 9:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah it's beautiful, Tor. I love the Autumn. I think it's my favorite time of year! Today I get out my wool sweaters for the winter.

October 04, 2008 2:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can be a bit wet and grey, but I still love the fall season :-)

wishing you a great end to your week!

October 04, 2008 3:03 pm  
Blogger Maria said...

I love autumn when it is sunny and still warm and colourful, but when it is rainy I stay inside and turn on the heating and read or blog...
But I prefer outdoor activities and sunshine and - summer!
Have a nice week and thanks for visiting my blog!

October 05, 2008 6:12 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful place. I hope your move from the summer home goes well today.

October 05, 2008 9:51 pm  
Blogger lime said...

just such a beautiful time

October 07, 2008 3:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home