Sunday, September 25, 2011

TIME Warner does sneaky Marketing

Hi my dear readers.
TIME 1 
A week ago I received a copy of  Time Magazine- wrapped in plastic – in my snail mail letter box.
Bookshelf 1 
I  did put the TIME Magazine away - unopened – I have more interesting things to read. And news? Better sources do exists.
(Above part of one of our Book Shelfs)

TIME Warner Invoice 
Three days later I received an invoice. Name and Adress hidden by me – hope you understand my symbols…
TIME 3 
One year subscription to TIME Magazine and free access to TIME Magazine on Internet. OMG – I have never accepted nor subscribed to TIME Magazine
TIME Oct 3 - 2011 
Yesterday, I received another copy, wrapped in plastic, datet October 3 – 2011. 
TIME 4 
Here you see what I have received from TIME Magazine the last week, without asking for it. Waist of natural resources and Money.

After this, TIME is not a serious company.  I will not pay for something I have not ordered.

Conclusion: TIME OUT

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Lots of people will just pay it thinking they own this money to Time or whomever. I don't read Time either. It's a rag in my opinion.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

September 25, 2011 11:04 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

Yes, Time OUT indeed and sometimes I received Xmas cards which I did not order as well.

I'll say, just keep the Time Mag and throw the bill away :D

September 26, 2011 2:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was sneaky! I guess Time isn't the only one doing that these days.

September 26, 2011 1:12 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Those companies get your name and address feom some mailing list and take advantage, and some people just pay up and don't even question it. Illegal in my opinion. disgustiung way to make money.

September 26, 2011 2:59 pm  
Blogger A. said...

Very, very, bad. Dishonest.

September 26, 2011 5:19 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Sigh!

September 26, 2011 7:03 pm  
Blogger Sandra Carlier said...

Time out, you're right! Just 4 days now!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

September 26, 2011 8:15 pm  
Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

I agree that you should not pay for something you did not order!

September 26, 2011 9:15 pm  
Blogger Ola said...

I guess they are just looking for clients, let's say you are not very careful and pay a huge pile of invoices and this one among them. Or they belive TIME that sent to you was so interesting that you will be eager to pay:)

September 27, 2011 2:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad, bad marketing indeed! Time OUT for good!!!!

*pointing to the trash can*

Have u changed settings on the blog? I can't leave my blog address like before. It just allows Google Accounts and OpenID.

Lifecruiser Travel

September 29, 2011 6:04 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It's not just Time Warner that does that...Lots of Magazines do it---HOPING, I guess, that you will want to subscribe...! I don't like that Time Warner OWNS everything....!!!! Our sources for independent NEWS are Reviews has shrunk considerably....!

September 30, 2011 10:05 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's just horrible! Ugh, causing more work on our parts sometimes...

October 01, 2011 5:18 am  
Blogger EcoRover said...

American media companies are very pushy--I try to ignore them all, whether Fox (aka "Faux") News, Time, Wall St Journal, etc. Good on ya!

October 03, 2011 1:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home