Thursday, October 05, 2006

Music: My top 7

Oslofjord, Norway, Wednesday October 4 - 2006:

Mostly Cloudy, some showers, some climbs of blue sky. A glimps of the whales (Nise) in the inner Oslofiord.

Anna and I did lit the ”tea-lights” in our combind Flower- and Barbecue installation down under the hanging cliff, which sometimes courses anxious and despair. But it have not moved more than 1 cm for 60 years, so we live in hope it will be there for 1000's.



Thats why number one this evening goes to
What A Wonderful World ( L Armstrong)

Then I come to think about when looking out to the sea from our Summerhouse: It’s boats out there. If suddenly the Fog comes in (almost every evening and morning in the Autumn), how will you find back to your safe Harbour? (without GPS).

And number two goes to:

Orinico Flow by Enya

Why is that? I heard it first time in Saint in WESTERN France. And so what?. Cognac district, I must remark.
In a ”Super Marche”. Uppwards a moving stairway with Anna and my two youngest kids. Enya and Cognac do not fit. But it’s more or less ancient Celtic ground in this district. Or?

Saint:
Here was the first place to ring the churchbells, saving fishermen an other sailors, from the threath of the Ocean. Not to remind people it’s time to attend a christian service. So we were told.

Number three

The one and only: The Girl from Ipanema.

I allways come back to that melody and lyric. Whether I listen to the original, the Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto version or Gail Costa or whom else in Brazil.

Number 4

Can only be one: When seasons changes it must be the ultimate:

4 Seasons, by Vivaldi


Number 5

When the evenings are no longer light, as we do have during summer here at 60 degrees north:

Dance with me to the end of love. Madeleine Peyroux

Number 6:

Come to think about it. I do have more Family in US than in the Nordics. Besides that, two out of my 4 children do actually work in the US.

Then number 6 goes to The Boss: Born in the U S A

This Night Thinking about family

Number 7

No Challenge at all. I’m going to bed. Listen to:

Air.

J.S.Bach.

Have a good and diversified music experience.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely list Tor! Many of my favorites here too. Enya in the supermarket, what a funny experience.

October 06, 2006 2:22 am  
Blogger RennyBA said...

What a great music taste Tor and thanks for taking my challenge. Yes, you really have a diversified music tast pal!
Thanks for the link to Vivaldi - I love the four seasons and especialy the significant four once in Norway you know:-)

October 08, 2006 11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't have picked a better playlist if I were you, on that spot, that particular evening. Madeleine Peyroux was a new experience for me thogh. I didn't have her in my collection but found several mp3 clips on the net. A "light" version of Billy Holliday I would say (I had Billy on my playlist on Saturday evening as background music in the Kitchen where we served Boullabaise for a couple of friends). For music lovers I would suggest both the Leonard Cochen and the Madleine Peyroux versions of this song.

October 10, 2006 9:27 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

Thank you for your comments. Music can be so much and mean so much. For me the list will change, every track on this list I can listen to again and again. Though not every day or evening.

October 10, 2006 3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home