Sunday, January 07, 2007

Another New Life

Can you believe it
A Happy man in 1981 and in 2007

Only a couple of days after beeing connected to the real, virtual World via Broadband, yet another life has started. (my I add, I also joined the Fotothing, who’s members are very good giving comments. It’s much more like a photoblog than I have learned Flickr to be).

Normally, when it’s a Sunny Sunday, we go for a walk. But when the Fog hang heavy over your head, there’s other imporant things to do.



Like install our Christmasgift – A Scanjet 4890. The physical set-up is ”Even mother-in-law” you know. But installing the Software demands a great deal of patience. After installing the SW from the CD, I was immediately recommended to download upgrades. All together it lasted for 60 minutes.

Ready to Scan.

Picked up one cassett with 100 slides. Into the scanner. Clicked the correct button. Here we go.

Optimist. He-he.

Tried again. And again. (What's wrong-->?)

Then I picked up some old paper-copies. Scan. Yes, it works. But why not the Slides?

I tryed again. Same error message.

Opened the Skanner looked at it. Think – think. Hm – hm.
Why does it scan paper- copies and not slides?
Tried again. Choosed Preview. Result-->
Voila, I could see the Diapositiv adapter. And I pushed: Continue.
Samme error message.


Only result: A scaned Picture of the dias-adapter with the slides in place.

Then a certain thought struck me: Diapositives. Of Course. How stupid is it possible to be. They are transparent. Nicht war. Quell Idiot. Tonnere de Brest, Milles sabord...

Just see the picture below.

(Remove the TMA-cover!!! you idiot - Read the instructions and save time)

And some old memories below.
My first scans

Ingelin 1 1/2 year








Paraty, Rio de Janerio state 1998





Paraty, 1998 - Learning the Samba by PO and his wife from São Paulo. He used his t-Shirt to cool me down - it was hot.


Bob and his Mother Marie (96) with Mount St Helens in the background - 1995

Anna loves Oysters. Here in Lasparre Medoc 1981

One dozen each. With refreshing White Wine.



More to come down the memory lane



We have thousands of old slides and even more paper copies. I’ll have work for years to come. And memories will pop up like it happend yesterday. I may share some with you.
So stay tuned;-))

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just AWESOME!!! But now you made us longing for the same opportunity... Man, do we have a lot of old ones to re-capture like this!

How fun!!!

January 08, 2007 2:01 am  
Blogger Rosa said...

What an awesome contraption! Wow. Great pics. Thanks for visiting. Always nice to meet new folks! Happy New Year. Cheers.

January 08, 2007 5:24 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Please don't forget CATS ON TUESDAY and PLEASE read the rules
Sorry, this is a standard comment as I don't know how to remind you otherwise. Any idea ?

January 08, 2007 7:18 am  
Blogger Kai said...

so cool...
thanks for stopping by:-]

January 08, 2007 1:17 pm  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Slides? people still have slides?

Your so lucky it snowed, snow makes the cold worth it all we have is rain!

January 08, 2007 4:53 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Shadowfalcon: Yes we still have thousands of slides from way back. In fact, the quality and resolution are still better, but when the Slide projector doesn't work any longer, then it's time to digitalize.
Snow: Waked up this morning; +8 C. Rain. No more Snow.
@Poetry by kai: The same to you
@Ciclista: More cats will come. Stay tuned.
@Gattina: I'll do my best
@Rosa: The same to you. Rosa is the name of one of our two Cats, by the way.
@Lifecruiser: Yes I have fun, in spite of it's lots more to learn about the Scanning SW. I'll take one step at a time. The first is simply to digitalize, then have more fun manipulating. Can even make a Calender...
Price NOK 1500-1600. HP Scanjet 4890

January 08, 2007 7:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When starting to scan my MIL's slides I did the same thing! Felt so dumb once I read the instructions. But I am having fun looking at all the old slides!

January 09, 2007 2:31 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

@debbie: Then we are at least the two of that felt the same way. But now, after a couple of scans, it's peace of cake; the operation I mean. But, all the memories popping up. WOW.

January 09, 2007 2:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your old pictures are quite fun! I don't have the patience to scan much, though I have had a scanner for many years. So it's mainly new digital photos from me!

January 10, 2007 12:33 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Lisa: I just can't sit here thinking about all those memories beeing lost for my children. I know it's a travaille dure, but what a gift for them to receive for Birtdays etc.

In the weeks to come I'll post some very fun stories from our travelling

January 10, 2007 1:21 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You are now like the proverbial boy in the candy store! Have fun, Tor. We're gonna keep loving your pics!

January 11, 2007 9:25 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home