Monday, February 05, 2007

A different shopping Story

Papa and Anna goes Green

Another Saturday ran up. Beautiful sunny weather from blue, clear sky. Some centidegrees above frost. And days are now longer than nights. A wonderful feeling. Something starts to tingle in the body.

As usual on Saturday mornings, the shoppinglist was ready, except for my necessary ad-ons. The only thing missing was Anna’s banking Card.I asked for it, but Anna replied she would join me shopping.
It smelt something here. Would she control my shopping? Limit it – so to speak?

-I need some fresh air, after all I’ve been in bed with my winterflue the most of the week, she said.
- OK, that would be nice. What do we need to shop for the week (pretending I had not seen the shoppinglist.)?
- The usual, plus something for the Cats and Soil.
- Soil? Oh yeah, it’s already February. About time to sow the pepper seeds, I replayed.

Down to the garage, into the car, start and on the road. I turned right at the second junction.
- Hi, were are you going?
- To the Garden Center, I don’t buy soil in a flowershop – it’s ten times the price.
- But we need to shop food as well
- Yes, I know. We will do that at the shop next door to the Garden Center
- Where is that?
- Do you remember where we bought a dozen oysters for $1.50? It’s there.

Ten minutes drive on a Sunny Saturday is not much of a distance. Parked, and went into the Garden Center.

We must have been Sunstruck. Flowers, miniatyr-trees and 17 packs of different flower seeds and 19 with veggie seeds + 50 litre of flowersoil later, we were ready for the Food-shopping.











Guess who loved the mini-cypresses? =^.^= =^.^= ? Yeah.


Sunday we had Spring Rolls







the dough we buy "allmost ready"




Mix together the ingredients. Spice as you please.

We like them hot (not very)


We, of course, had Spring Onion.







After green Salad and before fresh Litchie as dessert.




Some rolls with shrimps, others with meat

Yum, Yum - a taste of Spring.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You bought a lot of good stuff. You must love gardening and tending to plants. I love plants too.
I have several in my home. We don't have any yard yet, but someday I hope we will have some beautiful grass and plants. We have some really big, lovely trees outside, but just dirt for the rest of the yard for now.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Have a nice day! :)

February 05, 2007 2:34 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

A dozen oysters for $1.50! That is so cheap!

I like spring rolls too and I have a friend who is Vietnamese who makes the most delicious spring rolls I have ever tasted. They are sooo yummy.

I'm glad that the days are getting longer for you, ours are getting shorter. It used to be light at 4 am, but it's not light now until 5.15 am.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...it's Monday afternoon here.

February 05, 2007 3:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you have spring feelings huh? I hope for the snow to disappear if it's spring...

Well, all I know is that Garden centers are totally dangerous to go to. maybe it could work if i were blind ;-)

February 05, 2007 10:12 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I love your Saturdays, Tor. So fun to see you go shopping and find out what you buy. So glad Ms. Anna is feeling better. I'm sure the fresh air did her worlds of good!

February 05, 2007 10:31 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey Toraa, what a wonderful weekend huh?

That spring roll is from a Singapore company if I am not wrong and it's amazing, you can find it there :D

I love spring roll....:D

February 05, 2007 4:38 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Ah how nice, to go to a garden centre and buy green plants. The garden centres here in my part of Canada won't open until May. We are in the deepest part of the winter, -20C outside last night, -11C in the day. BRRRR...

February 06, 2007 3:06 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Nice to feel the spring spirit stir within us and give us something to look forward to!
You can always trust the kitties to inspect the plants! (And the groceries!)

February 06, 2007 4:51 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

And again you spent a lot of money ! But I am sure you only did it for the cat, I love this picture, cats are so funny when they smell things in a bag (or climb in to sit with the vegetables) I just read that you have a kurdish hairdresser ? That's something excentric, I am jalous, I only have a little Italian girl !

February 06, 2007 10:13 am  
Blogger RennyBA said...

I know going crazy shopping with you in person is great fun, but for sure it's great to read about it when you are doing it without me too!
Thanks for sharing yours and Anna's happy Sunday shoping:-)

February 06, 2007 9:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have a very clever wife, with green fingers and great cooking knowledge. Sweet story.

RAG

February 07, 2007 5:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home