Monday, February 26, 2007

Sunday - Feb 25 - 2007

Anna goes shopping – with Papa in tow
What a disaster. How could this happen?
The shopping list was as usual on the kitchen table. Shorter than usual. But everything looks so promising. Saturday. Papa's shopping delight.
Suddenly Anna stood in the Kitchen. Fully dressed. With her red sack.
- Where are you going? It’s Saturday, no school today, you know
- I’m going to the Shop
- You? To the Shop? Why?
- Need fresh air

I reacted promptly. Before Anna could tell to five, I was winter dressed as well. With Rucksack. I could not accept she go shopping with that short list. Nope.

Off we went, on the walkway (in our area it’s a whole system of walkways – very safe for children and others). Anna first, and I behind on the snowy way (hum, I ponder it should have been the other way round?). Up the tiny hill, crossing the top and down again over the Bridge, passing the local school. Some activity in the Gym. Turned left and passed some garages and houses. Then the backside of the small, local grocery store.
Well into the shop, Anna picked up the list, and started the shopping cart. Full speed to the bread, milk and butter, coffee filtre, fresh parsley and lettuce on root, fish bouillon and her Saturday Paper.
- That’s all for the Saturday shopping? I wondered
- Yes, we have all we need at home
But I sneaked discretely something extra into the cart. Saturday is MY shopping day. The result was two small rucksacks nearly filled up. No more than two shopping bags. And we went back home. What a shopping experience. Puh. The stuff was put away in seconds. Even the Cats wondered. No more? Must have been a bad hunting.

Then I went into the office. And Anna started preparing Dinner. What could that be? Bread, butter and Milk stuffed with lettuce and parsley? No attention from me.

Of course Anna, was right, when she claimed we had all we needed at home. Bought and brought home by me a week earlier. Avocado with red caviar. Fish filets, pine nuts, rice, lemon, vanilla sauce and raspberries, from our garden. And wine.





On Sunday several kids was outside my office riding down the hill with their sledes. Could hear they had fun. Then the phone belled and we were invited for Dinner. Norwegian Saumon + +. Home at 11:30 pm. Pill Sunday.

Have a great week
=^,^=

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How dare Anna come along on your Saturday shopping trip! LOL

The raspberries look delicious. I'll take some!

February 26, 2007 1:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful day!

February 26, 2007 2:16 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

I wish I could go along too :)

February 26, 2007 4:13 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Sound nice to me! We know how you love your saturday trips but sharing is nice to!

February 26, 2007 11:08 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

I need to put another sweater on, your pictures are freezing cold ! what a lot of snow you have.
I made the picture bigger with Anna studying the famous (short) shopping list and found out that you (even) have the same stuff as we. I can imagine that the cats were disappointed, no paper bag to open ! We are sitting and not singing in the rain, it's a lousy weather ! Arthur discovered this morning that he has a tail and tried to catch it.

February 26, 2007 12:51 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can just picture your norweign accent speakign in english. :)

What a lovely time, sort of sounds like me and p minus the snow and extra cold temps (we are more like 5C or a bit less)...

But who are the Sami people? I don't know of them...

February 26, 2007 8:27 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Tor, I declare. I always come out with a smile on my face after reading your posts! I sure hope I can meet you and Anna one day...along with Renny and Diane, of course. :)

February 27, 2007 4:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm,yummy yummy!!

i think its so nice to walk on snow..ive experienced that once or thrice,it was pretty cold but now i think im missing it.Its cold in my place but it didnt snow this year.

my hubby likes to go along with me shopping for groceries but not with clothes or accessories :)

February 27, 2007 5:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a neat trick would be to pursuade anna to go shopping when she is VERY hungry, that wya the outcome would probably not be quite the same!

At least that works on me - every time. Everything looks delicious when I'm hungry....

February 28, 2007 3:12 am  
Blogger Obsidian Kitten said...

"must have been a bad hunting"

heeheehee!

March 06, 2007 9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home