Papa goes travelling
I woke up at 5:45 am. Had a tiny breakfast. Shaving and shower. Checked my luggage. And my hand-luggage, according to new security rules? Yes, everything OK. Anna got her morning kiss and hug. Went to the garage and picked up the car at 6:45 am. Check in time 7:50 am. Estimated driving time: 45 minutes. I had determined to go to the airport by car, due to the very late return, around midnight Sunday/Monday.
1) What a mistake. Early morning rush hours from south of Oslo, via Oslo before heading for the airport north east. Hahaha. Papa is naiv and stupid. He calls himself Optimist. Doesn't help all the time. Can't mention what speed on the highway was needed... Arrived at the Airport Parking at 7:55 am.
2) Self- check-in. Easy and fast.
- Do you bring any luggage (except hand-luggage)?
- yes, I pressed
- You are to late for your flight
3) What to do? Take the next flight? With a non refundable ticket?
4) I ran to the SAS Braathens info center. Told them what was up. They checked.
- Yes, sorry, your trunck is to big as handluggage.
- Can I check it in for the next flight?
- No, security rules you know (What about luggage that are missed and travel alone after you?)
- What will you suggest?
5) - Is there anything you MUST bring with you?
- No, really not, I can buy those thing I need for 5 days---
6) - Then I suggest, oh, you have only 8 minutes to Gate closed, if you run down one stair to the "concierge" and leave your luggage there, and pick it up when you return... well that's the only chance you have to reach this flight...
7) - Down where? To the left... ok, thanks; I was on the run.
8) ---- To make a dramatic story short (security check, you might have heard about...)
One minute after Gate Closed, I arrived, inserted my credit-card in the slot and said:
9) - God morning, sorry I'm late. Just had to park my luggage..
- What? Parked you luggage. Here on the Airport? You are not supposed to or allowed to do that!!
10) That was the attention I needed. Luggage. Placed on the airport. Owner ran away from it.
- Take it easy, It's safe with the Concierge.
11) Then the Gate was opened and I arrived at Nice Côte d'Azure at Schedule.
So now I'm here with my good old friend Hakon. We will blog from here (if Tele2 allows us to - by being a normal internet, secure and stabel provider).12) Hakon at lunch on Wednesday. Just after my arrival
13) View from his garden. Same bush and white flowers below.