Thursday, April 26, 2007

Trondheim - Norway

Trondheim - Olavsdagene - Norway

As predicted last TORsday, I was in Trondheim last weekend with my blog-friend RennyBA and other friends and collegues in the Norwegian Computer Society - for the Annual meeting 2007. Which is both formal and in-formal.


I met people from all over Norway, from South to North (more than 2000 km or 1300 miles from South to North), both customers, competitors, clients and business partners. I was one of the few rookies. OK
And that was fantastic.
In all facets. Networking. Talking with old friends. Meeting new, for me, people. A very positive experience.

At RennyBA's blog you'll experience our visit to the famous Micro brewerie. You see this happy and giving person to the left at the Micro Brewery Skål..


And again on your left are two, good old friends from the IT and business consulting society. Hi C and J. We had fun and also serious discussions.

Below here I will bring you some short background from the Olsok Olavsfestival
as of course RennyBAwill tell you in his blog about "The Town Walk Sigthseeing" in Trondheim. That means my reader, I'll present the city from the best on and use the the links to learn something you did not now from your parents, schools or MBA.



First picture show the Bishop of Nidaros (The old name for Trondheim).



Then we are in the Archbishops backyard, where they every year arrange a middle age market. And demonstrates old handicraft technics.



It's really fantastic and the atmosphere around is setting you several hundreds of years back in time. Amazing. The pictures below is from the the commom all Christianty Churches the worldv around. A clear message: Peace, love and respect. Whatever religion, race and political preference. It was such a great exceperience. We do remember this event, as it was yesterday. Go there. You need not at all be religious at all - for you learn what's for me and Anna is priority #1: Respect. See for yourself, my dear reader, the pictures.


Saturday, April 28, we will move out to our Summerhome. For the time being, we have no internet connection from there. Please be patient. We work for a permanent connection.

I'll try my best to comment your blogs from work (Office) and do my best to write posts in the summerhouse - then covert it into blogger at work. But time is limit. Hugs to you all;))

From Anna, Rosa, Felicia and Tor

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

wonderful pictures. it looks liek a psectacular time.

do enjoy your summer home, we hope youget connected soon.

April 27, 2007 9:32 pm  
Blogger lime said...

spectacular*

April 27, 2007 9:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beatiful pics!
Look at my video!

●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ●๋: Luna ●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´ ●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋:

April 27, 2007 9:42 pm  
Blogger RennyBA said...

Yea Tor, we had a splendid time in Trondheim last weekend. Your post about it is just lovely and even the pics are great LoL - thanks for sharing!
My post from the same trip is up too and it's interesting to notice from quite a different point of view:-) I think we are a smashing blogger team!

Dee and I wish you good luck with the grand opening of your summerhouse and hope to see you there soon as well as in our summer paradise in Sweden!

April 28, 2007 12:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very important words. Just the right ones! Lovely pictures to go with them too.

I've added a link to your and Renny's posts in my last post, as a bonus port for the cyber cruise :-)

I hope you'll have a wonderful stay in the summerhouse - WITH internet connection later!

April 28, 2007 2:25 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Wow what a beautiful old place. Thanks for the tour of Trondheim.

I hope you get the internet at your summerhouse. It'll make like easier for you and we won't have to miss any posts.

I hope you, Anna and the cats have a lovely weekend.

April 28, 2007 8:30 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What an interesting city and such wonderful pictures, too! Many beautiful buildings and love all the "celebrating"...! (lol)
About your Summerhouse: Are you there for the whole summer, or just a few weeks?

April 28, 2007 9:40 am  
Blogger Raquel said...

Great photos Tor, looks like you had fun on this vacation.

Just take your time Tor, we are still here. Hope your internet connection went well this time.

April 28, 2007 11:19 am  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhh Tor! Thank you sO much for taking me on this wonderful trip! I love watching the ladies dancing and the music and EVERYthing! I really did get the "feel" of the old world! I would love to attend this festival in person one year!

April 28, 2007 3:00 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

I love these popular danses with these beautiful costumes ! Apparently you had a nice time there ! Good move to your summerhouse ! Will you stay there over the whole summer ? If yes, then you really need an internet connection lol !

April 28, 2007 4:30 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Magnifico! great virtual tour and wonderful pics, TorAa.
Have fun in your summerhouse. Mine used to be one 40 years ago, we bought it for 1st residence 13 years ago :) It's 20km away from downtown Barcelona, that was a loooong way in the late 60's!

April 28, 2007 6:07 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@lime: Thanks to you for your comments. It really did warm my feelings.
I'm checking out what will be the best solution. My dream is to have a wireless internet, phone, TV and Film on demand in one package. The solution is out there, but I do not know if its available at our Summerhome.

btw. We postponed our moving one day - I'll soon post the reason on my blog;))


@Luna: Thanks. Pictures taken with our old 36 mm. I'll look at your video and comment ASAP. I did shopping to day;))

@RennyBA: Just come in from my regular Saturday Shopping... I'll comment your latest ASAP. Yes we had a wonderful time in Trondheim - and I choosed my way to present the city from what I expected you to do.


@Captain Lifecruiser: I'm so grateful beeing taken into your world of fantasy and journey experiences.

Suddenly it strucks me: When in Sweden this Summer, why not visit Gotland and your fav place at Farø?
@Puss-in-Boots: You're blog is great, and your comments make me proud. Yes;))
OldOldLady Of The Hills: How can I express my thinking around your comment here. At least caring,giving, loving, respect and the best of all: Curiousity.
We stay there until Oct 15.

@Raquel: Dear you, what a pleasure to hear from you and have the chance to read your blog again. I'll rush up to find a long term solution this time.

@Melli: I tell you, that day and that event in Trondheim gave me an insight into life I've never, ever, had before or later. It's all about respect.

My hugs go to you;)))

btw. We can go there together??

April 28, 2007 7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so nice!meeting with wonderful people to an awesome place :)
may i dance with you,too? :D

April 29, 2007 12:55 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Do you still go to work from your summer house or do you just totally holiday?
Have a great season there!

April 30, 2007 3:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful place to visit. It looks like a fun place to hang out for a bit.

I hope the move goes well and things work out for you on getting your connection!

April 30, 2007 1:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lovely to see your perspective on this trip too! I've fallen in love with the geometry featyring as the centerpiece design on the church wall. It's deeply inspirational!

May 02, 2007 1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home