Friday, June 06, 2008

Can you swim in the ocean at 60 degrees North?

without beeing crazy or a Polar Bear?

Let me tell you, to begin with: (Oslo - Norway)
Sunrise at 3:59 AM
Sunset at: 10: 34 PM
Air temperature (in the shadow): 30 C (86 F)
Water temperature (in the Sea): 21 C (70 F)
We can live with that.

We actually did 2 swimming "tours" in the inner Oslofjord this afternoon.
There will be no pictures for you to see. Because we did not bring our swimming suits. LOL.

Here, on the peppled beach, who was there?

This Sea Bird guarded her two eggs with proud and passion. And with good help of the Naturists that use to frequent this spot - we are all nature lovers - we hope she can have her "babies" safe and sound.
PS. You must enlarge to see

Then we went to our Summerhome.

Had a pleasant "cold" meal. And some White Wine.

View from our platform towwrds the fjord with all the weekend boat "tourists". In the background the highest island in Oslofjord (226 meters above Sea level - 750 feet around)

Norway is the most wonderful place to be, when the Summer is like just now. The long light evenings, the Birds singing, the plants of all kinds so intense. Flowers. Vegetables. And the closeness to Nature. Water, Fields, Mountains, Sea, Forests, Cities, Towns, Marinas, Beaches, Culture, Nightlife, solitude and crowded. The Wild Strawberries - Yeah - ready to be picked.

Have a great Weekend everybody.

Hope to comment your fabulous blogs very soon.


PS. This weekend Sebastian is 7. We need to celebrate.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do agree Tor: the heat is on in Oslo and I just love it - you really present it in the very best way: Both a cold white wine and a swim is just what I could use right now after a hot day in the city as you can see in my last post :-)

June 06, 2008 11:31 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Yes, Sebastian must celebrate, no matter what. It is so important to a child, even if it is difficult for us.
Lovely photo's!

June 07, 2008 2:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow Tor! What a cool time. I was thinking of you this morning while the sun came up early here, but not as early as with you...

And I'm thinking it's already June and I must live up the sunshine! :)

I know you are!

June 07, 2008 2:53 am  
Blogger Suzann said...

Lovely lunch - glad you are taking time to be together and enjoy the summer - I continue to think of you and your family in this time - love and hugs

June 07, 2008 6:13 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Are you kidding me ? 30° in OSLO ???? didn't you mix it up with °F ? I can't believe it. We had 26° one day last week and then a heavy thunderstorm and now we are down to 18° again and rain of course !
I would love to eat that plate !!

June 07, 2008 6:41 am  
Blogger MaR said...

It looks fantastic!! I would need dark curtains as I can't sleep with sunlight but it seems such a wonderful place, enjoy it!!
Big birthday hug to Sebastian!

June 07, 2008 7:13 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like going to the water today was a kind of 'healing' thing to do.....

I hope you will have a lovely Celebration for this little one's Birthday...It is important in so very many ways....!

Thinking f you and yurs, dear Tor

June 07, 2008 9:57 am  
Blogger lime said...

sounds like a most refreshing way to beat the heat!

June 07, 2008 2:18 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

I have no doubt that Norway is the most beautiful place on earth. I was so close to your country having been to Denmark, Sweden & Finland not Norway yet ;( I must hit my heard hard .... I'll visit you someday Toraa :D

June 09, 2008 3:22 am  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

I'm glad that you and Anna are enjoying yourselves at your summer house!

June 09, 2008 3:53 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

I love knowing your latitude, air and water temps! and I know I would love it there. thank you!

June 17, 2008 2:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home