Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Wordless - not this Wednesday

On Wednesdays, you my dear reader that knows me well, I use to present someting "Wordless" for you. From our life and thoughts up here at 60 degrees North. (Just now it's very pleasant climate -26 -28 C every Day)
My wordless this week is on my other blog (My Son in his Coffin - grrrr - believe me when I say:
I'm still crying) - Can you be more wordless than when Dead?

It's thank you all for all the kind thoughts and words the past weeks.

It's hard for me to believe I have to write these words - it's still unreal - like a nightmare.

I must confess every single comment makes us stronger after what should not normally happen. Excperience the Death of your own child.

Here is some pictures taken by me. The Pro-photos will be posted later. January 29 -2009.

The Church were filled up to the last seat - about 375 people - among them the poorest, homeless and workless - for whom Ruben dedicated his short life.
We had live bands and brought the Coffin out of the Church with people playing and singing Bob Marley's "Three little Birds".

Here is the last sight of the Coffin

Then we brought all the flowers down to a a cafe - we walked half a mile each with garlands, funeral wreaths and flowers - in a parade - and served people something to eat and drink.

Lot's of people did sign into his memorial protocol. It lasted for 2 1/2 hour.

Then we went to his fav cafe- another 1/2 a mile - bringing again all the flowers - stayed there with his best friends - what they told me was very strong - how he did help them out of hopeless situations, gave them confidence and spirit to a new life. Out of committing suicide - to take higher educations---

Outside "Ruinen" cafe - in Old Oslo. Friends of Ruben.

At a quarter to one in the night - we went into the Ruin Park (what's left from the Viking time in Oslo) and placed all the flowers there. That was a very strong moment. Our farwell to a Son, Father and person and friend that ruined himself by helping the weakest of the weakest.
Did we show feelings?

You can only imagine how strong scenes that took place out there in the heath of the Nordic Summer Night.

Summarized, we do think we did the right thing in the Spirit of Ruben

Thank you all for your sympathies and condolences

Tor - Anna - Solvi (his mother)
and siblings:
Niklas - Mats - Ingelin

Filip (Son)

and the rest of the family (incl Ruben's Grandma)

PS. Excuse my English at this moment.

PS. I'll come back and comment to your wonderful blogs in a while

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh tor, thank you for sharing your heart with us. i do hope it was comfort to you to see all the people you say ruben has helped so much. i do hope you and your family have the comfort and strength needed for each and every day as you grieve your dear son.

June 04, 2008 2:46 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

I admire you that you can talk and write about this terrible event in your life. It certainly helps. I am not sure about myself to be able to do that.

June 04, 2008 2:49 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

I wish I could give you and your wife a big hug. I can send a great big cyber HUG though. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

June 04, 2008 7:18 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are such a smart Viking that you know that talking about your grief helps. I am so glad we are your friends so that we can share your joys and sorrows with you.

June 04, 2008 8:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I've said in my posts about Rubin's leave: this has been a very moving and special experience. Like others I admire your openness, but also know its a great comfort and help to you.

I'm glad I could be there together with you, your family and all the lovely friends of Ruben. When the coffin was carried out of the church accompanied by 'Three little birds', I felt a special peaceful sadness.

June 04, 2008 8:51 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hi Toraa, I appreciate you for sharing your thoughts during this difficult time.

Be brave and strong again coz that's what Ruben would want to see from above.

Take care my dear friend.

June 05, 2008 1:58 am  
Blogger Andree said...

Toraa, I have just found out tonight about your sorrow and pain. I am stunned. You are so giving to share this with us and you and your family are in my prayers. I don't know how you survive this. I know you will but I don't know how. Please feel my hugs and tears across the ocean.

June 05, 2008 3:57 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

His legacy will live forever in your heart, Tor!

June 06, 2008 3:08 am  
Blogger S said...

What a beautiful tribute you have made for your son. How wonderful that you "traveled" about sharing his life with all of his friends.

Bless you Toraa, may you find peace.

June 20, 2008 4:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home