Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Mother – 92 years, October 12

Hello my blogfriends, today I will celebrate my Mothers 92. Birthday.
With You. 
She lives in a nursing home in Oslo, Norway. She has her own room with private restroom, TV, cellphone, fridge and freezer. Even a small sitting group. Meals are served in the "Dining Room" and coffee/tea and some snacks served in her Private Room. Health Care People are there 24/7.
92 Candles on a cake? Well, we dropped it. Why? A Cake that big would be too much for my Mother;-)
Photos from today are taken with a bad iPhone 3Gs Camera.

Farmor 92 001 
But her hips are bad, hence she needs a Walker.
Farmor 92 003 
Together with, my now, eldest Son, Niklas, we paid her a visit this afternoon. I picked up my Son, who works close to my Office, and we went to visit our Family’s Grand Old Lady.
Farmor 92 Cell Phone and Niklas 
Here you see my Mother and Son: She loves her Cell Phone.

We brought her some red wine, which is good for her Blood Circulation, but most important photos (A-4 Seize) of her Grand Children who lives abroad – and their respectives
Kypros okt 2011 077 
– Here Ingelin with Kaya at Cypros October 2011 – They live in Germany.Mats - Lori - Anna 
- Mats and his Wife Lori and Anna – in Chicago – July 2011. They live in USA.
T and A and M - Chicago Night 
Even papa was there;-)

and not to forget, I brought some Photos of her Great-Grand Children – important Photos.
I printed a douzen  -  Below some of them...
Kypros okt 2011 219

Metin Leander (2 years on Oct 25)
2011-07-02 Seb and Anna OS- 2 
Sebastian (He was 10 in June this year) – Anna in the background
Filip 
Filip ( 26 years)
Relaxing life at Bygdøy
Here is Marie-Louise back in the early 1950’s – with my Father in the Garden at the peninsula  Bygdoy  in Oslo

My Mother, Marie Louise, was very happy about receiving the Photos, but she was very occupied watching a TV-series;-)  So we stayed about 80 minutes. Then I dropped off Niklas for his afternoon work and picked up Anna from her work before returning to our Winter Home - 15 km south. (Nearly 10 miles)

My Mother has her own Life. No doubt;-)

Have a great week everybody.

There will be more from Provence in my next post: A visit to a very special Restaurant in Ollioules…. I say no more…

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Zane's mother is 92 too. How cool. Looks like a very nice visit. Thanks for letting me come along.

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Marie Louise,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Did you know that my middle name is Louise too? Well it is.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

October 12, 2011 10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those birthday photos. So lovely your mother is! Looking so great! I'm happy for her. and you.

I bet she really liked to see those family photos of the ones far away. Keeping in touch like that is great.

((Many hugs for her and you))

October 12, 2011 11:40 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A VERY HAPPY 92nd BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOMMA, MARY LOUISE!!!!

This is a wonderful milestone, Tor...and how lucky you still have her near you...! She looks GREAT!! And very Happy, too....!

October 13, 2011 1:03 am  
Blogger Shamrock said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum and congratulations for your beautiful family.

October 13, 2011 9:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gratulerer med dagen!!!!!

October 13, 2011 1:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

92 år er en veldig bra alder :) selv håper jeg å bli godt over hundre ;) hehe.. Gratulere med dagen og kos dere :)

October 13, 2011 2:48 pm  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

Happy birthday to your mother. How wonderful to have her close. I can’t believe how big Metin Leander is – I remember him just as a small baby from your photos. Beautiful pictures.

October 13, 2011 3:47 pm  
Blogger Sandra Carlier said...

Happy birthday to Marie Louise! A such beauty on the picture with your father! I didn't know Filip!!! So you have three grand children!!! Three nice boys! Can't wait to see the next post! It speaks to me!!! ;-))

October 13, 2011 6:40 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Happy birthday to your mother ! that's already a great age ! I see the retirement houses are like here my neighbor's mother also has her own bathroom and her own furniture in her room.
The little Metin Leander is already 2 ! Our Toby will be 1 year old in November. Time flies by !

October 14, 2011 11:37 am  
Blogger metanoia said...

fine familiebilder :)

October 16, 2011 2:10 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your lovely Mother...92????? She is my inspiration and I want to be as healthy as her :D

Everyone looks great here and yes KAYA :) Kaya is our local coconut jam and it is usually eaten with toast :D

I must send some kaya for KAYA :D

October 18, 2011 3:25 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Another year with your mom! Unbelievable. Celebrate her while you can...as you clearly are doing. And that little Metin Leander...is growing like a weed!

October 18, 2011 4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home