Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Sunday in and around Oslo South East

WHAT I DID THIS WEEKEND 
My dear readers do know it’s a long time since I brought you around in the Oslo area.
You have so far mostly seen “landmarks” and “historical” places.
Hence, I took a tour this Sunday, just to give you an impression of how it looks like just now in the Southern part of Oslo and even further South and East. No landmarks, only how it really looks like.

South East Oslo
Autumn 2011 - Birches Oct 16
Birches in a tiny Wetland, Klemetsrud, Oslo
Autumn 2011 - Lawn with autumn leafes Oct 16
Low Sun lights up the lawn behind Klemetsrud Church, Oslo South
Autumn 2011 - New Houses in a Hillside Oct 16
The Population of Oslo is growing rapidly. Houses are buildt everywhere . Yes, Houses because Norwegians love this form of housing and besides: Close to Nature,-) Like here in a steep hill in a Forest. Klemetsrud, Oslo South East.
Autumn 2011 - Heating Plant Oct 16 
Do you know from where we have heating and hot water in our Winter Home? From the Plant above which serves large parts of Oslo’s home with Heating and Hot water: The Source: Recycled waiste. The Smoke? No, it it’s Steam.

South East of Oslo - a Lake
Autumn 2011 - Birch Oct 16 
Here we are at a Lake in Enebakk, SE of OsloAutumn 2011 - Forest Lake Oct 16 Deserted, tiny Island and Rush in the Foreground. The name for Rush in Norwegian is “Siv” which is also a female name.
Autumn 2011 - Hidden Boat Oct 16 Autumn 2011 - Tiny Boat Oct 16
Here is what I observed behind the Rush – tiny Boats. There might be Fish in this Lake;-) And kept as a secret….
Autumn 2011 - Tiny Island with Pine Oct 16 
From the same spot as the Photos before I as well observed a very tiny Island, with a fascintating Pine. This is at the Eastern end of the Lake, and you might observe the dominant wind directions. Yes, from West-North-West.

Going into Farmland
Now, lets go further South East, into Farmers land. How does Farms in South East Norway looks like in October?
Autumn 2011 - Entrence to Norwegian Farm Oct 16 
Wellcome to Farmland
Autumn 2011 - Plouging Oct 16 
Preparing for next season – ploughing on a Sunday
Autumn 2011 - Strange Light over a Farm Oct 16 
I was really fascinated by the Light and Colours here.
Autumn 2011 - Farm Oct 16 
And the waving , changing Landscape and ever changing light.
This Photo and the 3 before are taken from the same spot within the same minute. Can you understand why Norwegians allways talk about the Weather?

Returning to Oslo
Autumn 2011 - View from Sofiemyr Oct 16 
When approaching Oslo again, I stopped just outside the community border to bring you this view from Sofiemyr. Here a Western View. Two Fiords, which you can not see are between my viewpoint and the Hills in the very distant Horizon.

Back in Oslo  16 km (10 miles) South of Downtown
Autumn 2011 - Cock Oct 16 
… and close to Winter Home (5 minutes walking distance) who met me there? Colourful like the Autumn – and proud;-)
Autumn 2011 - Viking Sheeps grassing Oct 16 
These sheeps are the original ones, breeded by the Vikings more than 1200 years ago. To the right you see part of a Lavvo or Sami Tent.
Autumn 2011 - Viking Sheeps 4 Oct 16 
You see the Sheeps: Long fur and adapted to the Climate and Nature
Autumn 2011 - Female Peacock Oct 16 
Suddenly, what is this? Here in Norway?
Autumn 2011 - Peacocks Oct 16 
The Peacock couple blocked the road… nipping some Water.
Autumn 2011 - Oct 16 
In the last bend on the Road before entering our Winter Home I had to stop again to take a Photo of the wonderful Autumn colours of Virginia Creepers, locally called “Wild Wine or Wild Grapes”.

Hope you got a tiny impression how how it looks like in the Oslo, Norway Southern area, in Mid October 2011.

Wish all my blogfriends a great week to come….

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful landscape on a beautiful day Tor.

October 16, 2011 8:14 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

What a lovely trip though some of Norway. From the city to the countryside. Beautiful indeed.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

October 16, 2011 8:14 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Yes, here we also have Autumn calling. The fruit is nearly all harvested, and the leaves are turning. This week I will put my garden to bed, and prepare for the winter ahead.

October 16, 2011 8:31 pm  
Blogger Pia said...

Så fik jeg set lidt af Oslo :-) Tak for kigget :-)

October 16, 2011 9:52 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is ALL very Beautiful, Tor....I LOVE the Sheep. It has great meaning to know how long that "family" has been around...! And that dear Cgicken...One would expect to see him out on the Farmland....And Peacocks?? Amazing!
Thank you for the wonderful tour of this very beautiful area---In fact, I like it better than the Landmark places....

I miss your visits, Tor....Is there some reason you never come by my blog anymore? If I have done something to offend you---PLEASE do tell me....

October 17, 2011 12:55 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

First, I want to thank you for all your lovely comments Tor and you have certainly brighten up my day ;D

Next I am overwhelmed by the lovely sceneries of Oslo and I hope one day I would get to visit your lovely country.... :D

October 18, 2011 3:23 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Nice sightseeing tour ! and beautiful places.
BTW I have a meme on Monday's which is called "What did you do this Weekend" if you want to join in ...

October 18, 2011 7:22 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

That's it I'm booking my next holiday to Norway!

October 18, 2011 12:33 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

For me, that top photo with the birches and the two with the sheep are worth this entire post, Tor. WOW.

October 18, 2011 4:03 pm  
Blogger Irene said...

Hei og takk for kommentaren på himmelsk! Jeg er litt sent ute med gjenbesøk, men det er bare slik det blir noen ganger! Du serverer utrolig mange fine bilder ... en skikkelig tur utpå bygda!

TIl din kommentar, så hadde jeg tenkt å legge ut flere bilder fra den himmelske morgen ved Gyldenløve brygge. Jeg kommer ikke til å "leke" meg med bildet jeg postet fordi jeg har mye mer materiale å jobbe med. Blant annet zoomet jeg inn mot den gyldne himmelen .... du får vente litt så skal du få se :)

Ha en fin uke!

Irene

October 18, 2011 9:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

how amazingly beautiful!! P and I wanted to do more of that last weekend but P had to work. :( So we missed out on a perfectly sunny and beautiful weekend like that..

Oh I just love love love your pics! You should post some on FB too!

I will have to go through mine from this past week or so on our sunnier days..

October 20, 2011 5:58 am  
Blogger La.. said...

Hi Tor! Your photos are spectacular. The kind that you have in Norway is so energetic. I have wanted so much to lose there.
Thank you for teaching your wonderful land!
A big hug from Ibiza

Maria

October 20, 2011 1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely post Tor! I really loved going on tour with you this time too (not only in the reality :-).

Some of the photos really, really made me feel like being there. Simply awesome. Well, I do love the countryside very much which might have something to do with it, but you managed to keep the red thread through the whole post too! Well done.

October 21, 2011 12:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, please, change your settings to include us with no Blogger-blog. I don't like to be forced to use my openid to comment with - plus others than me might avoid commenting because of this :-)

October 21, 2011 1:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home