Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Sunday with a FB Friend from Holland – in Oslo

What to do when you have foreign friends via social medias when they are in your Home Town?
You will be Guide of Course.
It was on Saturday I met her for the second Saturday in a row– a very foggy Day in Oslo, besides I did forget the batteries for my Camera. What a disaster. And I had planned for her to see Oslo out of the normal tourist tracks. Shit happens.
But Sunday, I met Sylvien from Holland again, her last Day in Norway this time.  Our plan was to visit the National Gallery, so stay tuned to my report:
2012-02-19 View from the Bus Stop - our Condo in the background 
I went to my local Bus Station around 11 am.
2012-02-19 The Local Train Station 
After 4 minutes I’m at the local Train Station. It will reopen in a new standard on Monday, February 20 – 2012. 12 Minutes to Downtown Oslo.
2012-02-19 Taken from the Train 1 2012-02-19 Taken from the train - Marina in Oslo - Norway 2012-02-19 Taken from the Train 3 - Oslo
Here are some Photos from the Train Ride to Down Town Oslo.
2012-02-19 In the NG Oslo- Norway
Sylvien in the National Gallery
2012-02-19 Painting, Sculptures and Sylvien 
Here she is again. Hmm, I think she took a photo of me??
2012-02-19 Winters Night in Rondane -Harald Sohlberg
This painting by Harald Sohlberg is amazing.
2012-02-19 Willumsen- Jens Ferdinand - After the tempest 
And this one by Jens Ferdinan Willumsen – after the Tempest
2019-02-19 National Gallery - Oslo -Norway 2012-02-17 NG Leif Erikson discovers Amerika painted by Cjristian Krohg.
2012-02.19 J C Dahl Night Fishing with flames 2012-02-19 Ornaments NG Oslo - Norway
Above some more from the National Gallery. You might find other paintings and Sculpture more fascinating – it’s free enterence on Sundays.  Besides Norwegain Painters it’s a large collection of French, and Dutch and German Painters as well. Just know it’s a great Collection of Candian Painters called “Painting Canada”. Tom Thomson and his “School” is the main attraction. This special Excibition will we poen until May 13 – 2012.
The Gallery have artifacts from around year 2000 bc.

220px-Self_Portrait_with_Skeleton_Arm 240px-The_Scream
And a special room for Edvard Munch. Sylvian and me did visit the Munch Museum in Oslo on Saturday. So we reached two great galleries in two Days.
2012-02-19 Hot Chocolade 
Well. after spending 2 1/2 hours with art from several countries and times it’s nice to have a hot chocolade.
2012-02-19 Hotell Lobby 
Down to the Hotel Lobby
2012-02-19 Leaving Hotel 
And here you see Sylvien with her luggage heading for the Train to Oslo Airport.
We had a great time togeghter.
And happy  I connected Maria and Sylvien as FB friends. They both love Norway and I love them as well. Can it better?

More to come…

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

You're lucky to have met a FB friend in person. I could see that she enjoyed her stay in Oslo. Btw, we're not far from each other, I'm an expat in Sweden. :-)

You and your friend are bringing home good memories through your wonderful photos. They're lovely!

February 19, 2012 11:06 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You are such the host with the most, Tor! :)

February 20, 2012 11:44 am  
Blogger La.. said...

Dear Tor! How lucky have you as a tour guide and friend in Oslo! The photos are expectaculares as ever. She must be happy to meet Oslo whit you! I have envy to see the pictures ! I wait for the second Oslog Bloguer Metting and hope Sylvien will be there !! When we organiced the second OsloBlg ??
Thank for be a fantastic friend !
Big hug

Maria

February 20, 2012 12:53 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

How fun. You do the most wonderful things.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

February 20, 2012 7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some wonderful paintings here Tor - I love the light in them especially. And I'm sure that you had a wonderful time together too. Such a nice thing, to meet online friends :-)

We'll see you tomorrow!!!

February 21, 2012 12:49 am  
Blogger Shamrock said...

Hi Tor, nice to see these pictures. Everything is amazing. From the breathtaking landscape to the gallery paintings. I love them. You're a great guide and I hope to enjoy your company when I'll be able to come over Norway.Greetings to Anne.

February 22, 2012 10:46 pm  
Blogger eastcoastlife said...

So nice of you to be a guide to your FB friends. The paintings in the museum are awesome. I hope to visit one day.

February 25, 2012 6:22 pm  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

Isn’t it great to meet Foreign bloggers? Or any blogging friends for that matter. I like your pictures of Nice under the snow – I love Nice under any type of weather. I am a fan of Canadian paintings, mostly what is called “The Group of Seven” – Tom Thomson had a great influence on this group. I hope you will have a chance to see that exhibit and will be able to take some pictures.

February 26, 2012 5:49 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home