Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Weekend in Alsace – Part 1

My very last Vacation, before I retire, I spent with my Daughter and her Family. Besides staying with them in Frankfurt, we spent the Weekend in charming Alsace, France.
St Hippo - just before departure 
The Car was fully packed
DSC_0142 Alsace typisk 
Alsace is widely know for it’s food and Wine
Hotel Le Parc DSC_0228 
We stayed in the small village of Saint Hippolyte, at Logis Hotel le Parc. We all were very satisfied with our stay.
S H DSC_0191 Dinner 2 
And the food: Excellent. Here Pigeon stuffed with Foie Gras.
2012 St Hippo leander and local girl on vippe 
Very close to the hotel is a playground. Here Leander with local girl:-)
DSC_0243 St Hippo - Chateau Haute Kæningsberg
St Hippo - we had an excellent Riesling at dinner from here
We bought Wine here
St Hippo Pink House
Some typical Alsace style houses in Saint Hippolyte
St Hippo wineyards 
Wineyards everywhere
St Hippo I - ML - papa 
A rest is good from time to time. From here it is several footpaths up to the Hills and Chateau Haute-Koenigsbourg and along the Wineyards.
 DSC_0061
Leander is very interested in Water;-)
S H Creme brule 
You can’t go to France without having a Crème brûlée. This one was brilliant.
DSC_0242 
Well, this was some glimpse from St Hippolyte.

More from Alsace to come…..

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Shammickite said...

My daughter-in-law's sister lives in Strasbourg and I was lucky enough to visit her a few years ago. We toured the Alsace region, the vineyards, the small villages, beautiful! And we toured through Chateau Haute-Koenigsbourg too, what a wonderful area. I really want to go back again!

March 22, 2012 2:31 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a wonderful "side trip", Tor...I've never been to this part of France---it certainly is beautiful...! Looking forward to the next part....

March 22, 2012 3:49 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

Way cool and nothing is better than wine country. Nothing.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

March 22, 2012 6:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

För ca 15 år sedan var vi en grupp som hade cykelsemester i Alsace.
Vi cyklade i 13 dagar - 11 var regndagar.
Hoppas du hade bättre tur med vädret.
Vingårdarna var i alla fall väldigt trevliga att besöka.
Kul att se bilder därifrån!!

March 22, 2012 10:32 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

I simply love that area!! and the beautiful Fachwerkhäuser :)

March 23, 2012 5:54 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tor, I'm so in love! The photos are amazing. This is also a place I lived for about 8 months. I miss all of it's beauty and can't wait to go on a short vacation there one day, hopefully with Cammie!

March 24, 2012 4:11 am  
Blogger eastcoastlife said...

It's beautiful and the food is making me drool. I would love to visit this lovely place one day.

March 24, 2012 11:13 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home