Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Walter

A visit to the Photo Gallery

Walter is an old friend and collegue, who received an early retirement in the 1990’s. In 2006 he opened his first separate photo-exhibition in Oslo, Norway. Walter is born in 1936.

Since his retirement, he has experimented with everything from homemade pinhole cameras, via old Kodak box cameras to cellphone cameras. The latter in mind, he and his photogroup (Bromkameratene) were first in the world to do an artgallery exhibit with pic’s taken with phonecams.

For many years, Walter has joined both workshops and performed exhibits in Hungary. His speciality is working with Nudemodels. Mostly in BW, but also using technics that keep the results for hundreds of years. (Cyanotypes) Yes, he does everything himself in the Dark-Room.

During the exhibit in Oslo, he was more or less attacked by some people accusing him for – you know – Nudes on photographs.


Anna and I went visiting the Gallery with Walter as guide, explaining technics and background. I did learn a lot.

Sorry, Walter - with my peace of camera and lack of light and dark-room and Photoshop - this can hardly be worse.

Luckly, Anna and I choosed the same piece of photoart (a masterpiece). I can not show you here, but when it is brought home, I can give you a glimpse and tell you more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend Walter is an artist! I browsed through the links and I was impressed.

November 22, 2006 7:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was a terrific talent! I love his work. Thank you for sharing him with us.

November 22, 2006 3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home