Monday, February 26, 2007

Cats on Tuesday Feb 27-07


CATS ON TUESDAY

How smart is your Cat?

Found this “test” in a ten year old cat-mag. Don’t laugh too loudly. Follow the instructions as described. The cat keeps an eye on you. This is serious science. Just look at Felicia what’s she’s up to. This test is for kittens, she proclaimed, and adds: The owner of my favourite armpits is NOT responsible for the rest of this post.

Start test
Important notice. Each test can be repeated up to five times, in order to obtain a reaction

1) Stroke or touch the cat gently on the nose and around the mouth with one finger

Does it close eyes? – 1 point
Does it shake the head? – 1 point
Does it lick around the mouth? - 2 points
Neither of this – 0 point (valid for all questions after)

2) Touch the cat gently on its back with one finger

What does the cat do:
Shake his head – 1 p
Raise its fur – 1 p
Licks where touched – 2 p

3) Touch gently the hair inside one of the ears with one finger

Shake its head – 1 p
Move the ear – 1 p
Rub the ear – 2 p

4) Ring a bell behind the cat

Moves the ears – 1 point
Moves the head – 1 point
Turns around – 2 points

5) Place a shoestring on its back (but do not let the string touch the ground)

Does it raise the fur – 1 point
Does it fall asleep – 10 points (This one is mine, sorry Felicia)
Start to remove the string – 2 points

6) Draw a string in front of your cat, from right to left

Does it follow the string with the eyes – 1 point
Does it touch the string with the nose – 1 point
Does it catch the string – 2 points
No shoestrings here

7) Place a feather about 8 cm or 2 ½ inch in front of the cat

Does it touch the feather with a paw – 1 p
… with the nose – 1 p
Does it lift the feather with a paw and play with it from one paw to another – 2 p

8) Move a pencil gently on the floor towards the cat

Does it touch the pencil with the paw – 1 p
Does it touch the pencil two or more times – 2 p
Does it look straight into your left eye and shake its head – 43 points (me again)

9) Roll a ball towards your cat

Touch with one paw – 1 p
Touch with head – 11 p (Watched to many soccer-games. Me again)
Start playing with the ball – 2 p

Results
Less than 11 points: You have a slow cat
Between 11-15 p: You have an average cat
More than 15 points: You have a smart cat

Don’t forget to feed your cat with something luxurious after these demanding tests.

=^.^=

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Shammickite said...

Does this work on husbands too?
I'll try it on The Space Cadet tomorrow.

February 27, 2007 2:46 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

He, he I just wanted to ask the same question as ex shammickite !
Anyway I did the test with Arthur ! Very successful indeed. He slept and didn't even open an eye, not even the bell made him move at least his tail. Absolutely nothing ! Conclusion Arthur when he sleeps he sleeps and not even an earthquake can make him open at least one eye !
Pookie gave me a disdainful look and walked away (tail up) leaving me with bell and string, Lisa directed herself immediately to her bowl and ate, Kim escaped in horror. What should I conclude now ?

February 27, 2007 3:47 am  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Well Toraa...I don't have a cat, and never did...but, if my husband were still here, he would have been a very smart cat. Nice to know, isn't it? Thanks.

February 27, 2007 5:07 am  
Blogger Balou said...

We have four cats. I better block an afternoon for four tests. Aw, heck with it...they're all smart!

February 27, 2007 5:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must take note of this and try it on our 8 cats when Im home.

February 27, 2007 6:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool Toraa! I gotta go try it on Nermal, I have to find a feather first. I have a feeling he'll be a slow cat :) Happy Tuesday!

February 27, 2007 6:18 am  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Fun test! I especially like your additions to the test! :) Mom says she'll try this test with me later, once she's off the computer.

February 27, 2007 9:31 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I'm not going to let my companion try this on me! It's beneath my dignity! However, I bet she tries it when I'm nice and relaxed and not thinking about it!

February 27, 2007 11:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought of my boy Darius as intelligent. He learned the rules so quickly. He learns his way around quickly and he just seems to make good choices. Plus he is very expressive. My girl cat I've always thought was a bit dumb. Sweet but ditzy. Now I'll have to test them to find out. Thanks!

February 27, 2007 2:32 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

This is hysterical, Tor. Just like YOU! :) And I just switched to New Blogger! YAY!

February 27, 2007 4:04 pm  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

My cats won't sit still for these tests, I think thye think I'm up to something! LOL D :)

February 27, 2007 4:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Funny,Tor!!
not only human has their tests,cats,too!!haha!

yeah,i believe that your cat is a smart one :)

February 27, 2007 4:55 pm  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Well...since Anela is a genius, she will probably be very bored with this test. Nevertheless, I shall try it just for my benefit. :-)

February 27, 2007 7:09 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

gee
I wanted to try these things right away; but they ALL are asleep (well, two are outside in the snow because it is so warm and sunny today). I'll catch them this week and see.

I don't think mine are that smart, though.

;)

February 27, 2007 9:01 pm  
Blogger Luna und Luzie said...

That´s funny. I´ll try it , and maybe also with my husband ;-)
Have a great week !!!

February 27, 2007 10:12 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hmmm...wonder what they would say about cats whose chase the red dot of a laser light all over the floor and up the walls?? Anyone else tried it? My 2 do but not all cats do this.

February 27, 2007 11:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never told us the result of yours...*lol*

February 28, 2007 3:07 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home