Friday, February 09, 2007

Galla Friday - Bad Friday

Anna goes to Galla Dinner. Papa goes to IKEA.
incl. Bad and sweet Friday

She has been talking about it for weeks now. I've talked about since yesterday.



She has wondered what to wear. I have wondered where to put all the electronic devices.

She have planned and planned. I have pondered and pondered what would be most practical.

She was brought to the Galla by me. I drove myself to IKEA.

She celebrate her schools 125 years jubilee. I celebrate my freedom in Cyberspace.


She'll be served a grand galla dinner. I'll serve myself a defrost cauliflower gratin.

I think I have had enought bringing the flat package into the office this evening. I'll do the rest duriing Day-light.

In the meantime I can rest a bit, before picking up Anna from the Galla.

It might even be a Nachspiel here. Grief.



In the meantime you can read this weeks

Sweet FRIDAY
For Grandchildren

Girl: Papa, I don't like cheese with holes
Papa: Eat the chees and leave the holes

Boy: What do we call a witch in a desert?
Mam: That's a Sandwitch


Package Tour to Sahara.

Teacher: What comes before seven? Ann, do you know?
Ann: The Paperboy

The Trafic School Union had its annual meeting, and before the Grand Galla, everybody was invited to see the Movie "Shrek".
None showed up during the Galla. They all left when the saw they Green Man.

The parking lot during the Trafic School Unions annual meeting



Bad Friday
For 18+ only (Your grandma watch ya)

As you may know, Norway is not at all a dense populated country. In those days, when horses and shank's pony were the most common way to go from one place to another, it could take a while between you met other people. Not even the yokels gossip reach all ears, so sparsely populated was the countryside.

An early day in the Spring, the local sherif knocked on Jacob's door, and told him he had a son with Marie, and he had to pay a monthly alimone of 5 dollars , which at that time was a waste amount of money.

Jacob scratch his head, smiled a bit, and said: Well, well, a son, yes, I think I have to pay for him.

Years passed, and one day a 14 year old boy knocked on Jacobs door. He opened and asked who this boy was, standing at his door.

- I'm here to tell you, from my mother, you need not pay for me anymore, said the boy, this is your last payment.
- Then you can go back and tell your mother I'm not your father anylonger.

The boy ran home, but showed up early next morning and once again knocked on Jacob's door.

- What do you want now, asked Jacob.
- I've come here to tell you that my mother said you never have been my father.

Have a nice weekend everybody

=^.^=

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tor, Anna looks lovely and I am sure she will have a great time at her gala as you will with your technology. Best wishes for an excellent Friday evening and enjoy putting together your IKEA purchases. :)

February 10, 2007 1:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh La La, what a Gala dress!!!! She'll knock them out.... *s*

I hope she had a marvelous time!

IKEA seem to be occupy many people, not just in Sweden.

As usual I just have to like the last joke the best. I'm a bad woman ;-)

*giggles*

February 10, 2007 1:16 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I like all the jokes today! I wonder where you find them all?
Your wife, Anna, looks fabulous!

I love looking in Ikea too but I'd need someone to assemble things for me!

February 10, 2007 4:10 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Lisa: Yeah, she had a great time, but for aaalll the speeches. And I had a great time with the Cats and not so fun with this post, as all formatting went crazy time after time. At the end, I let it go.

:) :) :))

=^.^=

February 10, 2007 4:14 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Lifecruiser: You prefered the last joke? Thought you loved the carparking:))

Anna was of course the Queen. As her young students says: She has trained a lot, that's why she's looking so young and slim. (They say iy loudly so other teachers can hear it)
=^.^=

February 10, 2007 4:18 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Mother of Invention: Thanks for the compliments regarding Anna.
IKEA: Me too, often need help for the assembly. I have only one arm under each shoulder:-))

Hope the worst frost have left you where you live. Here's ok, with minus 2-6 C and dry air.

Have a joyful weekend.

=^.^=

February 10, 2007 5:08 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh i like your ikea shelf! We need one!

And thanks for the drink link. I really like the idea!

February 11, 2007 2:38 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You and Anna are such a perfect pair together, Mr. Tor. Everyone can see that. And yes, she looks as marvelous as does your shelf, but maybe a bit more so, if you don't mind. :) And I did see that one of cats tried to steal the show!

I handled all levels of your jokes just fine this time. Not bad for a g'ma, right?!

February 11, 2007 1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home