Tuesday, February 06, 2007

CATS ON TUESDAY

This week I will limit the post to The Seven Dwarfs. Yes, you read correct: The Seven Dwarfs. They are the brothers and sisters of Felicia and Rosa. But they have never met. The Seven Dwarfs were born at our Summerhouse 4 and a half years ago. Luckely it was during the Schools summer vacation. Anna was there to help Sali, the mother with 10 kittens that popped out.She really needed a little help. Ten kittens - for a Manx it is very unusual. For not to say a medical sensation, as Manx most typical have 1-2 pr litter, and of them one often deadborn.
With other words an uneasy breed. If you have it as an income. We don't. We have them as our friends.Back to The Seven Dwarfs. They were the survivals of the ten. One, unfornunatly, had to be brought to the Vet. May be the cutest of them all - he was born lamb in his abdomen and was not able to detect when to pi etc. He was allways wet and dirty. That was the sad story, and I will never forget when he sat on my lap prrr-prrr, coz,coz, and I watched the clock, knewing the seconds ran out for him - we had the appointment at 6pm. Five to 6 I put him into the cagde and drove to the Vet. I refused to see the Vet givingen him the needle. It was simply to hard.
I went back to the Summerhouse (Anna was still at work) - and I was not able to keep back the tears - such a wonderful and fidel kitten.

During this Summer, Anna and I had a 5 day tour on the North West Coast of Norway - and My son, with his son Seb one year old, was catsitter.

Guess he was fed up with kittens when we returned. Instense smell and dirt from the kitten and a son still in nappies. What a Vacation for him.
Sali, the cat-mother, all the time moved the kittens to different places. Sometimes outside, sometimes under the house, sometimes in the houses. We had allways to count the kittens, specially when they approached 2 months +. One climbing the rock, one under the platform, one running down to the garden, one inside upstairs, one under the bed, one among the flowers and one trying to clomb the appletree.
They were all given away to people in the vincinty.
I posted pictures, like the last one here in the local shops.

In spite of all the work, it was an unforgetable experience.
Go to Cats on Tuesday here and see memebers and posts.

Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

What a lovely story. Your photos are gorgeous. It must have been an amazing experience, bringing up all those kitties. Kittens are just tooooo cute.
Take care, Meow

February 06, 2007 10:44 pm  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

What a beautiful kitty! and prolific! What a wonderful "tail"! LOL
D :)
Thanks for stopping by my place!

February 07, 2007 12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo of them all lined up together. Adorable!

February 07, 2007 12:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.... love those pictures. And what a story!

Seven dwarfs... really, where do you get all fantasies from ;-)

I really don't know why, but I just love red kittens....

February 07, 2007 2:24 am  
Blogger lime said...

that last picute is the cutest of all. sorry about the little one. it's a hard thing to watch.

February 07, 2007 2:27 am  
Blogger Andree said...

What a happy and sad story and the photos are so beautiful. I don't blame you for not watching at the vet. It is too sad. Have a peaceful week.

February 07, 2007 3:57 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Very touching...I'd cry too! But I'd enjoy being around all the other kittens..they are simply irresistable! The orange one on the white chair is a doll!

February 07, 2007 4:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great story, thanks for sharing that :) I love the pics especially where they're all lined up! Must've really been a handful!

February 07, 2007 4:34 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

What an adorable story, I would have loved to spend such holiidays, looking for lost kitten, lol !
I wonder who was the powerful lover who became father !

February 07, 2007 4:41 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

The Seven Dwarfs have tails?

February 07, 2007 5:04 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

So adorable, Tor. My favorite pic (after the line-up) is of the two kittens lying together with the one's paw around the other. Awww. So cute.

You have such a tender heart, Mr. Tor. So very sweet.

February 07, 2007 10:04 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

You are a real cat person, Tor. Getting upset over thatlittle kitten, I can totally empathise with you.

However,you have taken beautiful photos and the kittens are so cute (as kittens always are).

Enjoy your week.

February 07, 2007 10:59 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Oh how perfect are they! the pictures are soooooooo adorable shame you couldn't keep them all

February 07, 2007 1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet and sad history, the little one with his handicap. So nice to see the seven dwarfs all lined up.

Anna

February 07, 2007 5:54 pm  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I really enjoyed your story Toraa...and I loved the pictures; especially that little kitten one...so cute. I often post pictures of kittens and puppies...they just touch me.

February 07, 2007 6:03 pm  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love cats and have 2 myself.

Two of my sisters work for the same veterinarian, a friend of the family. A niece and my daughter have worked there, too.

Occasionally a cat has more kittens than she has nipples for the kittens to nurse on. I have bottle raised several kittens and I get so attached to them, it's hard to give them up. But I always find good homes for them.

I had to look at the cat food in your picture and compare to what's available here in the States. Same brands, really.

Have a great week, Tor. :-)

February 07, 2007 9:38 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How sad and painful to have to put that kitty down...It would have broken my heart, too!
And that last picture----So Very Very Cute!! I bet they were all snapped up in very short order...!
I never knew that about Manx cats...The small litters, I mean....Yours should go in the Guiness Book of records! TEN!! Wow!

February 08, 2007 12:51 am  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Those kitties are just way too cute!

February 08, 2007 3:28 am  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Excellent story!

February 08, 2007 5:56 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

how adorable! I see a little guy daily. He cracks me up so much because he does this throw myself on the ground I want attention thing..

It makes me laugh every time... He's a tabby with a cute personality.

By the way, your finally in my links next to friends and renny...

February 08, 2007 5:12 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

To all of you: After 3 sudden downs at the Bloggerserver, I'll make my answers off Line and then post them.
Pls be a little patient.
Feb 8 - at 9:31 pm

February 08, 2007 9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!The cats and the kittens are really your family.Lots of them and lots of joy that bring you :)

February 09, 2007 1:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home