Sunday, November 18, 2007

Saturday Evening – in SOBE - Nov 10 -2007

A Dinner at South Beach

My daughter had plans for me. She would show her papa the real taste of South Miami Beach. Where people meet. And a real VOSS Water account. Good food as well.
Besides, she had ambitious plans for Sunday. (Next post). After a Saturday early afternoon I will never forget: A Memorial (will be posted next week) – very, very strong experience. You might know where we were?

I was told to dress properly and shine my shoes and shave. What else than to obey? Ingelin know the dress code around.

They do have a very efficient transportation system in Miami Beach. Even for 60+ people like me.
Went out – she lives close to everything important here, so no Taxi was needed. Besides we love to walk – Vikings you know.


She asked me where I wanted to have dinner. How could I know? I had no clue at all. Besides I observed what I did. First we went into Raleigh.
http://www.raleighhotel.com/

- papa, do you want to have dinner here?
- It’s wonderful, I like it here – what’s the options?
- Well, we can walk to Delano – It’s just a minutes walk from here
- Why?
- ‘cause I want you to see a real VOSS account
- Lets’s do it, I said


Then we went out. To Delano
http://www.delano-hotel.net411.com/

The entrance hall, the Bar, les meublements, the décor, all splendid. Quelle rafinnement. – absolutely at the upper shelf.


We went out to the outside bar and pool. Had a red and white. Sat down at the poolside.


A new world for me (VOSS and Pinot Grigiot)– the primitive travelling Viking. But I’ve learned how to adapt. Just watch and behave like the others. *giggles* Like a Cameleon.


And of course, a Table for Two in the Pool. Why did not a single soul take a picture of us? Are they so decantent? We did order a Dom. Which was never served. My shoes, not the right brand - perhaps? LOL.

- Do you want to have dinner here, Ingelin asked, when we sat there, In the backyard
- Yeah, I said (This might be very, very expensive I thought - but haha, the $ is so low nothing is expensive here anymore)
- OK, I’ll ask for a Table - Ingelin said and did.

No Tables for us for at least one houre, as we wanted our dinner served outside. Norwegians you know. We are crazy about outdoor life.

Then we returned to Raleigh. Got a table – outdoor.


Wonderful and pro service. We both had Yellow Snapper. (First time for me – only Red Snappers before).

I did start with Florida Frog Legs. Haha – do you remember our visit to Everglades?

The Frogs even tried to escape. See?

Two glasses of White for Papa, one Red for Ingelin. And a bottle of Pelligrino.

We shared the dessert. Marvellous. Delicious. My regular readers do know I prefer fresh Forest Berries and real Vanilla - This time: Vanilla Marrengs. Heavenly.

Then we walked home. After a Saturday I will never forget. Ingelin knows SOBE. And where to go. More to come..... (so short a stay and so much to tell)

Cybercruisers at Mrs Lifecruiser. A journey you can not miss

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really nice father and daughter bonding! It is so fab and the food looks great!

November 19, 2007 4:00 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sooooo very wonderful Tor....Lovely to see Miami Beach in 2007....As a child we would spend the winters there starting in about 1936....! 71 years ago...!

Both those Hotels look BEAUTIFUL! Back in the day, they were smaller less expensive hotels....Now...WOWWIE...It's a whole other world, and the resurgenence of that part of Miami Beach is fantastic!
You look like you are having such a good time, Tor....Wonderful Trip!

"Here World, I pass you like an Orange to a child....I can no more with it,
Do what you will"
Edgar Lee Masters---"Soiin River Anthology" A beautiful book of poetry, Tor!

November 19, 2007 7:00 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

What a nice treat you got there from your daughter !! She is lucky to have such a funny father ! Mine was as amusing as a graveyard. You absolutely look like an slightly aged playboy on your bicycle ! hahaha !
BTW you should go to the Red Sea all hotels there for "normal" people are palaces in marble and other real stones, and very big not in height but large, very large. Now even the most luxurious hotel here or in the States seem a hole to me ! (I become snob ! When I walk I wear my nose high !!)

November 19, 2007 7:19 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Didn't you have a lovely time with Ingelin, Tor? I've heard frogs legs taste like chicken...so my brother says, he's eaten them. I couldn't eat Kermit!

November 19, 2007 8:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tor,

beautiful pictures and portraits esp the dinner,a dad and a daughter...sniff*

you`re right...i wont lose my daughters,instead they would be my friends someday ;)

Have a great week ahead!
ghee

November 19, 2007 4:19 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Dom did not arrive? What a shame! You two have such fun together. Ingelin certainly showed you the town in style.

November 20, 2007 12:48 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Tor - Vanilla meringues! I love them too... Great photos and such a fun time!

November 20, 2007 3:27 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Papa and daughter sure do love each other! It's wonderful, Tor! :)

November 20, 2007 3:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a marvelous dinner out - though I might would have backed out on those frog legs... can't help it.... *giggles*

And no Dom? Shame on that staff!!!

November 20, 2007 9:03 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

I love your first pic: dressed properly and with shiny shoes :)

I have never had frog legs...I was always afraid they would try to escape from my mouth too, lol!

How could they forget the Dom?? that's something that it isn't ordered every day!!
Your daughter and you make a fun (and good-looking) team!

November 21, 2007 8:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que du bon temps! Elle est pas belle la vie à Miami? Vive le vélo et les resto!!!!

November 21, 2007 10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home