Wednesday, November 14, 2007

AlligaTOR on TORsdag - My Miami experiences

Monday, November 12 - 2007

My return flight to Europe was scheduled to take off at 4.10 pm. Which meant we should be at the Airport around 2 pm. (Do not forget to CLICK on the photos below.)

- Papa that gives us plenty of time to do something, said Ingelin
- Let's see the Alligator's, she continued
- Yeah, let's do that, Is it far from here?
- Nothing is far from here, you should have learned that by know, only about a small one hours drive.
I rushed to finnish my Key West Lime Cake for Breakfast and a nice cup of Tea.
This Day we went with her Mercedes SUV. Girls these Days have their preferences...

And I took farwell to her Saumon red Art Deco appartement block. Next time I'll see my daughter again will be in Buenos Aires (Travelling Family - we can't help it)

Gasoline Prices. High? Well, we pay USD 8,15 - 8,40 per Gallon.

U.S. 41 goes straight away miles after miles - a great contrast to the curvy roads of Norway. The road is also known as "The Tamiami Trail" and "Calle Ocho".



Here we are at Coopertown Air Boat Tour. I asked for a free entry since I'm born the year they started this service*giggles* - But they listened to something else.....

Coopertown's is rated "Florida's Best" by The Miami Herald for the past 50 years.


Airboats waiting for Tourists - or Alligators



The engine makes noise like an Airplane - Here I'm with cotton in my Ears. And my hair is blowing in the Wind - Gosh, it's thin these days. Needs some organic fertilizer. Any suggestions?- heee - What did you say? Cant't hear you - LOL

Did you, by the way, knew that Everglades means: River of Grass? Here, in this area, called The Prairie, you can step out in the Water, no alligators or Snakes here. Nobody on our tour did that. Cowards. I was placed in the middle of the Row, and of course was polite enough not to ask people to raise up. LOL. Click on the photo to have a better look at this wonderful Bird in the middle of this fragile eco-system.
And here is a regular guest. It does visit every air boat for a couple of seconds. Then leaves again. Check Point Birdie. We were all accepted. The Guide told us, sometimes it leaves a "business card" on the boat. *giggles*. Sorry for the unsharpness of the picture, but the bird was about to fly away. I'm happy I captured the Bird before it left. A visitor like this Bird gives harmony and Peace to a busy soul.

But we went out to see 'gators. The first we obserbed was only 120 feet from our point of departure. My Camera pointed somewhere else. When I got the sight of the 'gator, it dived.

But I "Shot" this one. Mama 'gator, guarding her kids. Not a movement.
Just a harsh gaze: Put your finger in the Water, and I can feed my kids....
I still have my ten fingers . LOL.
CLICK to have closer look.


Then we went into the Hardwood Hammock (a small Island) - but the 'gators dissappeard in front of us. Only circles in the Water. CLICK to see where the 'gator dipped under the surface. Did you know the longest Alligator here was measured to 18 feet 20 inches?

As a result we did see two alligators very close in their natural habitat. The tour itself is well worth the money. The Everglades, on the UN list of World Heritage, is a wonder. I'm very glad Ingelin brought me out there in the South West Florida. For me this was Worth tenfold of a visit to an Amusement Park.

In a post to be published later, you will see me with a Frog Leg. In my Mouth. Here is his Brother. CLICK on the picture to see the Frog swimming
I was supposed to capture a Bird, but that smart grey, thin bird flew away only a second before I pushed my Camera button. What a waiste I thought, until I enlarged the photo and discovered a Florida Frog - swimming in the channel. I must admit, predator as I am, Florida Froglegs - fried - oh oh Delicious

Alligators: A closer look from the Alligator Exhibit

If you have a fast internet connection, you can join some 40 seconds video from the tour.



More to come... (The new Miami Downtown, Holocost Memorial, South Beach Art Deco buildings incl history, places to eat, Friday evening party(wow that was fun), Jeep demonstration, The Keys, Facts about..)

More cybercruisers events on Mrs Lifecruisers site
Do not hesitate to give comments. No 'gators will run out of the screen and eat your wonderful fingers. If you do not comment, the 'gators will eat your brain. *giggles* or true?

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

what fun! how great that you got to see the alligators. did you eat any? i tatsted it once. i thought it was like a white eraser. but it was an experience.

November 15, 2007 9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could not stop laughing at this post tor its so good the way you wrote it

anyway they should have given you a special price for being born same year they started their business is not....

November 16, 2007 2:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I so enjoy the hair blowing... And the crocs... and the frog... and the birds.... and the whole thing.

Great writing!!!

Though I'm quite pleased with the fact that we don't have any crocs to be watching out for over here.... *giggles*

November 16, 2007 2:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOw you guys had a nice adventure and I would love to see alligators so I can fully differentiate between the former and the crocodiles

November 16, 2007 4:00 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

The Everglades are a wonderful place...except for the alligators. I don't like those large reptiles with teeth!

You certainly are a jetsetting family, Tor, but think of all the lovely and wonderful things you can show us...

November 16, 2007 9:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Everglades look amazing, if not scary. We had a good laugh in Florida too when people were complaining of the gas prices being high. They are nearly twice that in the UK.

November 18, 2007 10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Une belle aventure! Je regarde les doigts de ma main pour voir s'il n'en manque pas un!

November 18, 2007 7:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home