Friday, November 09, 2007

Biking in SOBE - November 9 - 2007

A Cybercruise mini-report: South Beach Miami (Beach)
Today Ingelin and papa went biking in SOBE (South Beach - Miami Beach).
I have not gone biking for several years. And with the H D (Harley) style handle bars, I had to learn from the beginning. Took me 48 seconds, before I had to put my left foot to the ground. I was not out of balance - but where are the brakes?

Haha - these "design"-bikes have brakes like bicycles in the Art Deco period. Which is the right thing to have here in the Art Deco district of South Beach.

Papa is now an experienced art deco bike biker

Who needs a Harley Davidson in environments like this? I'm a real BIKER. Can't you see and admit .....
We cycled around SOBE - then down Ocean Drive. Wow - the buildings are magnificent.

A real biker drinks what a real biker has to drink: VOSS Water

Before we went to the Beach, we had 17 seconds of rest - or did Ingelin wait for papa?

Ingelin and Art Deco Bikes on the Beach

A Touch of SOBE and the Architecture - with Ingelin and "my" bike

Folks, this is only the beginning. Tons of pictures taken. And lot's of interesting stories and history to come. Art Deco District will be fully reported - with histories from several hotels. So stay tuned in November.
PS - Invited to an Island party with Ingelin - friends of her. Before that, we will go to a restaurant ordering Fois Gras etc. OK?
More to come .....

PS. Hope you all cruisers have had a wonderful Ship Launch Party

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i love the badass attitude you show in the first picture. too much fun! the bike reminds me of my old one from childhood.

November 10, 2007 12:41 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I am so impressed with the bike ride!! You look like you are having fun. Miami can be wonderful, especially at this time of year.
I'm packing up a storm! You should see the luggage!!!

November 10, 2007 1:06 am  
Blogger eastcoastlife said...

Ooooo.... you are in Miami! Cool! Have a wonderful hoiliday, papa! hehehe.....

Ingelin's beautiful! Lucky man.

November 10, 2007 8:10 am  
Blogger MaR said...

I love your first pic, remind me of the movie "Easy Rider", lol.
Now tell us: where are the brakes??
I leave singing "Born to be wild" from the same movie :)
You are doing a good job chasing the boys away from your beautiful daughter!!

November 10, 2007 8:20 am  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hey, Tor! Well, for once you're actually on the same continent with me! Closer than usual, but still so far away.....

I've been to Florida twice, back in 1988. It was nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Too hot, and too many people, and no season changes.

Hope you enjoy your visit to the States and have a safe journey home. Have a great weekend! ;o)

Hugs,

Diane

November 10, 2007 8:37 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Now Tor, I hope you're going to behave yourself and not get arrested in Miami!

Well done on the bike, too. I'd hate to think what I'd be like...more off than on I'd say.

Enjoy your Florida stay.

November 10, 2007 12:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that handle bars of that bike, it's sooo comfortable to sit up like that - for the back.

Gosh, party tonight again. Tough :-) I was so tired yesterday at the ship launch party, we hadn't slept the night before so I passed out early.... We have slept for 12 hours now! *giggles*

It sounds so darn nice to be at the beach.... We got snow last night. YUK. I hate snow here, because it always just get moddy and wet.

This look promising, now we can read about Miami for a looong time forward :-)

November 10, 2007 1:20 pm  
Blogger Zoely said...

Beautiful pix, looks like fun!

November 10, 2007 2:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can see that you two are having such great fun! I love the photos of the bike ride. I've never ridden a bike with such handlebars but I should give it a try.

November 10, 2007 2:38 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@ to all of you: Yeah I'm having a great time. And the bike, after some minutes I handled it - well - not too bad. The brakes? Push the pedals backwards.

November 10, 2007 4:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted - so glad to see have arrived, safe and sound!

You look so very hot on the HD bike Tor and the rest of the pics where great too. No wonder you wanted some of Ingelins water afterwards. Give her my greeting and a big hug from me (yes, and Anna too of course:-)

Keep us posted - you're such a great travel reporter!

November 10, 2007 9:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Tor! Those are wonderful pictures and Ingelin is really sexy and beautiful as well! It is nice to see that you had a wonderful time there

November 11, 2007 1:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I have a bike like that where the brakes are on the pedals. You all look like you are having such a fun trip! Hey you are on the East coast where I am, so our time zones are the same for a change. :-D

November 11, 2007 2:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the pics,Tor!really great!the butterfly bike rocks!and wow!Ingelin is sssooooo sexy!!whoah!!

have a great weekend,Tor and sorry for not visiting often.

November 11, 2007 3:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Guy :-) Her fikk jeg "flash-back" fra min ungdomstid med Easy Rider på kino..Fortsatt god ferie Tor! @nne K.L.

November 11, 2007 2:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

how much fun. I see you are so happy and enjoying everything!

November 11, 2007 10:26 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I am so glad you got to go and visit your daughter. Your pictures make it look so nice and warm there! And your daughter is a beach beauty!!

November 14, 2007 11:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home