Sunday, January 27, 2008

Friday Shopping and Dinner

(Slept since - haha)
My regular readers do know papa goes shopping on Saturdays. This week was otherwise. I picked up my Silver Wedding bride at the Train station at 2:25 am. Then we went shopping.

- The shopping list, do you have it? I asked
- No, I left it on the Kitchen, for you to bring, Anna said
- Oh, hallo, how could I know
- I did not bring that list - too heavy for me, she replied
- Ok, we know what we MUST have, at least
- Yes, she said.

First to do: Food for the cats, coffee, milk and bread, dinner for the working week. Then:

- Do you want Fish for Dinner to day, Anna said.
- Yeah, I answered
- Then let's go and look what they can offer

We so did. Before arriving the Fisch Counter, we picked up some Green fresh Aspargus. A must have.

Then:

- They have Oysters to day - I cryed out
- Yes, said Anna, shall we buy some?
- We buy them all, I said, forget the price (USD 3 each).

And we did. It was only ten left.


Oysters means Work - but we do have the Tools. Champagne as well? On a Friday?


Hm - It's served - over Oncle Hansi's Drawings


Chez nous - allways on Ice cubes and lemon Juice to press over.


Anna - how can you----?


Did I like the Oysters?
Plus fresh Cod (Baccalao). You can watch our meal by scrolling down

Here is the Cod - in Fresh Water

The Carrots - heated " au point" - for the Cod
Normally our Friday dinners are very simple - after a weeks hard work. This weekend turned out to be different. The best dinner on Friday. Sat and Sun: Home made OxTail soup - and relaxing.

We watched the SkiJumping from Zakopane (Poland) Won by a Norwegian and the final in the
European championship in Handball. Denmark won over Kroatia. France came as number 3 before Germany. Sweden ended as #5 and Norway 6. Earlier in the tournament Norway did beat Denmark with one goal and had a draw towards Croatia.
Have a great week. You know there will be surprises around, so stay tuned

(PS. I'll pick up Ingelin at OSL on TORsday - she will stay here for 4 days before she starts her new assignment in Hong Kong)
The Sun is visiting us up here North 1hr 40 minutes longer compared to Winter Soltice. That's great.

so far this weekend.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tor.

Sounds like you are having a perfect week-end. With oisters :-)

We've been out cross country skiing and my husband and kids enjoyed olympic handball while I've been busy finishing an article about Venezia.....oh, wish I was there again!

January 27, 2008 8:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love Oisters too and even more: I've been visiting you, have had some lovely dinner at that very same table - thanks for all the good memories and both me and Diane are looking forward to more gatherings around that table.

Btw: You've been tagged:
http://www.terella.no/2008/01/27/272/

January 27, 2008 8:32 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I have never eaten oysters! One day I will try them, perhaps when I visit Norway!!!

January 27, 2008 11:20 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

You both look like you enjoyed the oysters very, very much. I like the fact that you had champagne too. My husband and I have that every evening. We are retired. I'm putting you in my buddy list to keep track of you. Have a great day. :)

January 27, 2008 11:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just never acquired a taste for oysters. They are just to slimy for me. I am sure it is a texture thing!

Hubby and I went on a soup making spree this weekend. Making up big batches of some new recipes so we don't have to cook this week!

January 28, 2008 12:05 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Oysters USD3 each!! Much as I love oysters, I don't think I'd pay that. Rather, go to the supermarket and get a can of smoked oysters to have with the champagne.

Anyway, your meal sounds delicious, even if you did have no shopping list!

January 28, 2008 12:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Champagne on a Friday? I say why not? I had some on a Friday too!

Your weekend sounds most lovely. I'm glad you and your sweet Anna had a wonderful time together.

January 28, 2008 3:02 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

that looked incredible! We had a great meal last night also.. Seafood and all via my works party...

January 28, 2008 5:12 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Years ago I would have turned green of jalousy. Oisters !! that was my favourite plate on New Year and Christmas ! I ate at least 12 alone. Since one day I had a bad one and was sooooo sick, now when I see oisters I run away, lol ! (we serve it the same way as you)

January 28, 2008 6:23 am  
Blogger MaR said...

You can have my oysters but I'd love some champagne, lol!
You should have come with the Norwegian prince down here :)
we would have met in the deep South, have a lovely week!

January 28, 2008 3:33 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

You and Anna must come to us sometime! Hubby loves Oysters and we often get them. He prepares them nicely and serves them with champagne! I can also guarantee you a Maine Lobster with those! LOL Do I temp you and Anna?

January 28, 2008 7:28 pm  
Blogger ghee said...

slurppp..yum yum yummy!!

i love oysters,too!
Look how you and Anna slurped them!wow!

and they`re very big,right?thats expensive,hehe

January 30, 2008 3:20 pm  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh my gosh those are my favorite. What a great meal...
By the way to answer your question about my blog. You haven't seen it before because it's new hehehehhe. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a wonderful time.

February 01, 2008 1:58 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home