From Night to Day - TT from Salta, Argentina
Alle the pictures are from the center of the City of Salta, Capital of the Province with the same Name. Situated in NW Argentina (2 hrs+ flight from Buenos Aires) and founded on April 16 in 1582 by Hernando de Lerma. It was an important settlement on the route from The Vice King of Peru down to Buenos Aires in order to keep control of the Area. An area in which we can trace findings from "modern" Humans 10.000 years back in time. When we still had Ice Age at The Northern Hemisphere.
We arrived Salta Airport around 7 pm ( 4hrs 30 min delayed) and arrived the City only minutes before it was totally dark. A City with People having one thing in Mind: Christmas shopping... coming in from all over the region. Crowed and Road Deviations. (Have you by the way ever experienced your Rent-A-Car company are able to tell you about that?) But we Checked in at our hotel, parked the car, and went out. We were hungry. I mean: Starving. 8 hours without a real meal. (Captain Lifecruiser would have been dead for hours - LOL).
First part of the photo's is how it looked like in the Night, our first impression - the second part how the same buildings etc looks like in Day Light. I will advice you to check facts by clicking on the Links and do NOT FORGET to Click on the Pictures.
NIGHT: (around Plaza 9 Julio)
1) Iglisia Mayor - (Construction started in 1582)
2) Iglisia San Francisco (1882)
DAY TIME: (Summer Time - we were close to Capricorn where the Sun is in Zenit Dec 21/22)
( Now with Links that gives more information - it was too dark in the evening to find the links - LOL)
7) Iglesia Mayor - (Construction started in 1582)
8) Iglesia San Francisco (1882) - I advice you to click on the link. You'll be surprised. No kidding.
9) Galerias and restaurants and cafes - Plaza 9 Julio
10) Cabildo de Salta with a.o. Museo Historicó del Norte.
11) Plaza 9 Julio - San Martin - National Hero - at the Horse