Sunday, August 03, 2008

Saturday Report from a Busy Day in USA

My dear readers recall I'm on Vacation in USA. For the Moment I stay with my Son and DIL in SW Michigan.
They Both have BD's in the Spring, have bought a new home with a Garden and a large Platform. I promised them Flowers/Plants as a BD - gift this year.
This Saturday was the day to realize my promise.
Saturday Part 1 - Shopping for the Garden - A Birthday Gift
But what to buy? And where to have them? Large, small, tiny, need Sun, need Shadow - it's all kinds from all parts of the world to buy these days.

I got an Idea *giggles*.

Something is missing here, I thought. (I did not promise them a Hammock. LOL.

So we went to Lowe's.


Mats was not allowed to see what I would propose. But I gave him a clue.

Here is what would be installed at the Platform in two Groupes: Two Groupes with 3 different kinds.

One high, that brings a little Shadow to the next in size which in turn gives even more Shadow to the shortest ones.

Like in the Nature from where they originates.

More to come about the result.....


While you wait, you are very wellcome to enjoy our Luncheon on two different, well recomended, by me, places. Do you join?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful plants! There really do make an outside seating area feel more comfortable somehow. A little nature always helps.

August 03, 2008 9:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those plants are lovely and Lowes usually have a great selection, with good prices!

August 03, 2008 2:19 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Snap! We have that bromeliad in our garden here. Good buys there, Tor.

August 04, 2008 3:52 am  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Those plants are wonderful. So glad you're having a good time Tor.

August 04, 2008 6:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great BD present. You are so creative and out of the box thinking for a Norwegian Viking :-)

Give them both a BD hug in advance from Diane and me!

August 04, 2008 11:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hé! Hé! je ne savais pas que tu avais créé un nouveau blog!

August 05, 2008 1:27 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home