Thursday, October 09, 2008

TT13 - TORsday - recipes from the Norwegian Kitchen - #4


Happy TORsday to all "Making you own food" lovers.
This Torsday we will do something very simple.Every Days Food- we call it.

From the Norwegian Cuisine (most winning after France in international Chefs contests)
If you do not like Fish, well then use your Fantasy to find a replacement.
(Don't forget then to take Omega-3)

What to do?
1) Buy some smoked Cod fillets. If not available in your local store, go fishing. Norway is the place to go then. And smoke it the way you prefere. How do you do that? Haha, producers keep it as a secret.
2) Potatoes. Tiny with "robe". We pick them in our Summerhouse Garden (OK - we miss it when we are back in our Winterhome)
3) Sauce: Beurre de Persille - Butter and Parsley Sauce - just melt the butter on low heath and add chopped Parsley. You can use any kind of
real butter and Parsley.
4) Carrots - shrubbed, from own Garden or bought (Organic, better taste and more environmental friendly). Only some minutes in hot water. They must rest crispy, not overcoocked. A Fork is a good instrument to test the combination of crispness and softness. It's your choice.
5) Have a glass in between with whatever stimulates your work as a Chef.
6) Talk about what you are going to serve - and kindly ask if some Habaneros is wanted (or red Spanish pepper - chili type)
7) Don't forget the Serving Plates (you are adviced to heat them - but not to a fingerburning temperature)
8) Fork and Knife - In fact only Fork is needed
9) Glasses for whatever you prefer to drink - No sweet drinks, they will destroy the taste of the Dinner
10) Lit the Candle Ligts (you have them at hand - allways? If not, you are not a Romantic Person)
11) Sit down around the Table and sniff the wonderful odeur (smell)
12) Start eating - slowly and enjoy every bite - hmmm
13) Look at the photo below - as we (Anna) serves it
(it's a dinner preparing for a dessert I want mention here -*giggles*)


Enjoy the Meal - at least we did. Yesterday.

Stay tuned for our next everyday make it your own dinner recipe from Norway

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! That look so yummy!!! I think you need to come here and cook for me! LOL! Anna is a lucky woman!

October 09, 2008 10:42 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

Not playing this week, but wanted to comment. As usual is looks yummy. May I come over to you and Anna's home for dinner? Have a great day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

October 09, 2008 10:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je pense qu'un bon vin blanc pour accompagner ce plat délicieux devrait convenir! un Gros Plan du pays nantais!

October 09, 2008 11:28 pm  
Blogger JW said...

Simple but delightful. I sometimes cook a very similar dish with fresh salmon.

Not smoked salmon though - haven't you read that smoking gives you cancer? ;)

October 10, 2008 12:20 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Wanna come here and cook dinner for me?? That sounds aosolutely delicious. I love fish and I've got a lovely fresh red salmon fillet for dinner tonight. I will spread it with seeded mustard, wrap in Alfoil and bake in the oven for about 15 mins. Then serve with a green salad and, of course, a glass of white wine...yum.

October 10, 2008 2:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I promissed immediate comment when you write about food and... here I come. :-P
You have a great recepy there. Thanks! Yummy and great presentation on the plate: too bad there is no smell-a-net or smell-a-vision (something like television, just with the ability to SMELL the fragrance of the food which is so important, lol)
As always food you present seem not only to be very tasteful, but also artiscicaly set up and beautiful to see. I guess this is Anna's touch. :-)
Btw I like your way of doing veggies. Cooked to death as I say, or overcooked are so tasteless! :-(

OK - tommorow I start to work on TURKEY. Poor bird was hunted down yesterday at the local store and prepared for celebration of our Canadian THANKSGIVING. Right now is waiting nude (dressed only with some spices) in the fridge (yea, I know, it is a bit cold, but...) Herbs, veggies, spices, wine, fruits (lemon, cranberries - fresh and dried) are ready too. I hope to share with you the cooking action on my Flickr. ;-)

October 10, 2008 5:03 am  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Tor, that looks really delicious. You are quite a good chef, and I think Anna's pretty lucky to have you in the kitchen.

October 10, 2008 5:15 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Sounds absolutely delicious, Tor!!! I am sure Ingelin had a wonderful bday, greetings to her and to you all
:)
btw: visited my Chilean friend during my recent trip who is married to an Oslo Viking . So it seems you and I are kind of distant relatives, you know ::wink::

October 10, 2008 8:18 pm  
Blogger Jess said...

Hello...I wanted to apologize first of all for not seeing your comment on my blog til now. I thank you so much for visiting me and for leaving such a kind comment!

You are welcome to my blog anytime!

I enjoye dyoru blog as well and I will visit you!

October 11, 2008 5:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoked Cod? I've never tasted that. Looks YUMMY though!

Thanks for the recipe. I'm waiting for the chicken dinner recipe though.... *hint*

Can you believe it? The SUN is shining over here. Must go out and catch it....

October 12, 2008 1:58 pm  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

I'm going to try that tonight, now I have to go to the fish mongers!

October 13, 2008 10:52 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home