TT13 - TORsday - recipes from the Norwegian Kitchen - #4
This Torsday we will do something very simple.Every Days Food- we call it.
If you do not like Fish, well then use your Fantasy to find a replacement.
(Don't forget then to take Omega-3)
What to do?
1) Buy some smoked Cod fillets. If not available in your local store, go fishing. Norway is the place to go then. And smoke it the way you prefere. How do you do that? Haha, producers keep it as a secret.
2) Potatoes. Tiny with "robe". We pick them in our Summerhouse Garden (OK - we miss it when we are back in our Winterhome)
3) Sauce: Beurre de Persille - Butter and Parsley Sauce - just melt the butter on low heath and add chopped Parsley. You can use any kind of real butter and Parsley.
4) Carrots - shrubbed, from own Garden or bought (Organic, better taste and more environmental friendly). Only some minutes in hot water. They must rest crispy, not overcoocked. A Fork is a good instrument to test the combination of crispness and softness. It's your choice.
5) Have a glass in between with whatever stimulates your work as a Chef.
6) Talk about what you are going to serve - and kindly ask if some Habaneros is wanted (or red Spanish pepper - chili type)
7) Don't forget the Serving Plates (you are adviced to heat them - but not to a fingerburning temperature)
8) Fork and Knife - In fact only Fork is needed
9) Glasses for whatever you prefer to drink - No sweet drinks, they will destroy the taste of the Dinner
10) Lit the Candle Ligts (you have them at hand - allways? If not, you are not a Romantic Person)
11) Sit down around the Table and sniff the wonderful odeur (smell)
12) Start eating - slowly and enjoy every bite - hmmm
13) Look at the photo below - as we (Anna) serves it
(it's a dinner preparing for a dessert I want mention here -*giggles*)
Stay tuned for our next everyday make it your own dinner recipe from Norway