Thursday, March 05, 2009

Papa's TORsdag: A very special gift from a very special person

A package was posted in St Paul, Minnesota on February 11, 2009.
Destination Oslo, Norway.
From a Female to a Male and Female. The receivers Names: Very strange. And the Adress: Unspeakable. In American. Because of the missing "O-Slash" and "A-ring" capabilities on the English Keyboards.
Package:
Wrapped up in a "Heart Rate Monitor" box.
Very suspicious.

Full Alarm - in the US Authorities.

Was the package opened and inspected? Was something stolen?
Did they read the message inside? Did they test the content?

Here is what did pass the Quarantine. The best of Minnesota Wild Rice.
I ponder how many people were involved in the brave effort to protect Homeland and International Security? And how many chemical tests were done? If any?
Why do I ponder? It was posted Feb 11 - 2009, and received on March 5 - 2009.

PS. Enlarge and you'll have a recipe for free.

Any messages? Yes. Here you see the adress on the envelope that was inside the package.
This is so beautiful and created from Heart.

And here, a Norwegian Proverb. From my very dear Suzann in St. Paul, Minnesota. I love this design. And the Proverb.
If you'll find a path without Grass between St Paul in Minnesota (USA) and Oslo (Norway), you know who has walked on that Path.

What was personally written on the other side, will remain between Suzann, Anna and me.
Don't even speculate.

This is, my dear blogger friends, yet another brilliant example how bloggers across miles, nations and oceans enlarge the value of life.

PS. If you have not yet visited Suzann's blog, it's about time you do. She is one of a kind.
Tell me frankly, when you comment on this post. OK?

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Well, many parts of the world love to see Americans die. So, we over do the security. I'm glad we do.

Enjoy the wild rice. I love the proverb too.

Have a terrific day. :)

March 05, 2009 10:22 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a sweet and wonderful gift from our Dear Suzann.....And the saga of it's journey...I love the humor that you inpart to us about the worry of Security....
I know you and Anna will enjoy this special rice ALL the way from Minnesota...I hope you will post a picture of the "COOKED" Rice so we can see how a Norwehian cooks a Minnesota home-grown item! (lol)

March 05, 2009 10:40 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

In my recent travels all went well with Security at the Airports. In fact I think Miss Anneliese captivated them all and now they are fans of my dackels!
I had one man propose to me! LOL! Made me feel young and pretty.
Enjoy the rice and the friendship with our dear Suzann. She is one of a kind!
Love to you and Anna.
PS: How is your toe?

March 05, 2009 11:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all very glad that Homeland Security is checking your rice for both bombs and drugs!! MY tax dollars at work hahaha!!

March 06, 2009 12:06 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a very sweet and true proverb!

Wild rice- yum!

March 06, 2009 2:12 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

You know it took so long because each rice corn was thoroughly inspected and stamped !

March 06, 2009 8:51 am  
Blogger Shadow said...

well, fortunately you got it!

March 06, 2009 10:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh,its so nice to receive something from your friend living away from your hemisphere..i mean,it means a lot.

i wonder what a wild rice is?

have a great weekend,papa Tor!

March 06, 2009 3:48 pm  
Blogger Lene said...

Selvfølgelig har dere vært der :) På Filtvedt :) Gleder meg masse til å nyte stedet også i sommer - inmari fint. Og vi har ikke vært innom fyret og sett utstillingene, som dere.

Duuu, med en gang jeg så bildene her, så tenkte jeg: Har papa begynt med smugling av mystefystiske saker i skumle poser. Hehe ;) Så koselig med kort, forresten.

Og sommerhuset så nå mere ut som et vinterhus, spør du meg ;) Godt dere fikk tatt taket, så dere har det i behold til sommeren.

Så håper jeg det går bedre med tåa :)

Hilsen fra Drammen :)

March 06, 2009 7:29 pm  
Blogger R. Duckie said...

Hi Toraa, thanks for coming by my blog!! Sorry I don't have much time to blog-mine you right now but will come back later one day when internet is easier to get!

By the way we stop in Oslo in the summer usually, I love the soft ice cream with licorice sprinkles.

March 06, 2009 8:48 pm  
Blogger Goofball said...

hi, thanks for coming by on my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed the music I had posted :-).

March 06, 2009 11:25 pm  
Blogger Janet said...

I love getting packages in the mail, no matter how long it takes to arrive!

March 07, 2009 3:10 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I love wild rice. At least Customs didn't destroy it. I had a birthday card sent to me from overseas once and because it was beautifully made by the person who sent it, using dried flowers, I wasn't allowed to have it. It may have been a danger to our own flora. I can understand that, but come on...

Anyway, I'm glad you got your wild rice intact. Enjoy it.

March 07, 2009 8:20 am  
Blogger lime said...

LOL! glad to know the norwegian authorities are on the lookout for suspicious wild rice!

March 07, 2009 6:50 pm  
Blogger VALKYRIEN said...

Leste her om dagen at rød ris nå er forbudt, fordi det er bra for å senke kolestroleinnholdet! De jakter nok skikkelig på det, farlig vettu, at noe naturlig faktisk har bedre effekt enn det alle de kunstige fremstilte medisinene har! Kunne jo tape inntekter og marked og alt det der!

Takk for dagens gode latter! Litt av et byråkrati!

March 08, 2009 12:11 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

One of the best gifts in the world would be wild rice from Minnesota, a real delicacy, Tor! But the best gifts of all are the friends who give such gifts, as you already know!

March 13, 2009 2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home