Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Papa and Son goes to the Summerhouse and nearly drowned in Snow

My cousin called me the other day and adviced me to shuffle the Snow off the Summerhouse Roofs.
With papa's wounded right big toe, papa needed help.
Who else to call but Niklas? Who immediately agreed to help Papa.

The rest you can imagine. There are some Summer Photos as well, just for you to compare the difference
.

The Lower House - Niklas has begun shuffling - if not, you would not have seen the Upper House. Do you see the top of the entrence door? Then you can imaging how much snow it was, when I took this photo, standing in the snow, and not at the platform at the bottom of the door level.

The Upper House. Photo taken from the Snow below on the ground, not from the lower house roof. During Summer the door entrence is at a higher level than from where the photo was taken this Wenesday.

Winter View: The Platform and Flower Wall

Summer View: The Platform and Flower "Wall" - Just compare.

Winter View from Summerhouse

Autumn View from Summerhouse - just compare

The top of the Chimney is still visibel

The Sleeping Room and Rest Room almost drowned in Snow. The Wall is pressed by the Snow and we have to repair it in the Spring.

When almost finnished, the Spade broke in two Pieces. Pappa and Anna had to return during the Weekend.

The 4 Seasons are fascinating. Can you imagine we crazy Norwegians adore it?

PS. There were some smaller damages, which will be fixed during the early Spring. But that's not for you, my dear reader to worry about.

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

I don't like snow. I don't care for it at all. It's something that just slows you down. I couldn't live through a winter like that.

I'm glad your son took care of things for you. You have to take care of that big toe of yours.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

March 04, 2009 11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, we sure are having a snowy winter...and now its melting and making a mess!

March 04, 2009 11:56 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

WOW! nThat is like we had last winter!!!

March 05, 2009 1:14 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

I have never been to Norway but I adore it too Tor :D

March 05, 2009 1:59 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hiya Toraa, you are so kind :) Don't worry about commenting as I know you are busy yet have time for us too.

We are friends remember?

March 05, 2009 2:42 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is an incredible amount of snow! I hope the repairs on the home won't be too bad.

I like the summer picture better! :)

March 05, 2009 3:45 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

THAT IS A WHOLE LOT OF SNOW. TOR! WOW, WOW, WOW! And I can see how it could do a great deal of damage....I guess you got there not a moment too soon!
The difference in Winter and Summer is pretty astounding.

March 05, 2009 4:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I close my eyes..... *giggles*

Oh, boy. Well, that's ONE of the reasons why we don't own any house to take care of!

March 05, 2009 11:25 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow oh wow... so much snow! That's how I felt during Christmas in North Vancouver.... We were so filled with it, even down at the levels that don't get snow often... I'm sure all will be okay...

And I hope you have progress on your foot. I still am at a level with my sprained ankle.. grrr... STill swollen.

March 05, 2009 3:58 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Oh MY! That is a lot of snow, and to shovel it while your toe is hurting so much must be agony! No wonder you asked for help.
I wish you sunshine and warm temperatures.... but not TOO warm, we want the snow to melt slowly, we don't like flood water!

March 05, 2009 9:00 pm  
Blogger Veronita said...

Que hermosa la nieve! Que hermoso lugar! Gracias por tus comentarios! La verdad que mis felinos se divierten mucho jugando y durmiendo en la cama, yo nunca tengo lugar, como soy la ultima en ir tengo que dormir de cualquier forma! En Argentina tuvimos unos dias de mucho calor, estilo Africa, con mas de 40º centigrados, el fin de semana llovio tres dias seguidos y por suerte ahora hace un poco de frio, pero la gente se desvanecia del calor, fue muy feo. Perdon por no haber podido pasar antes, yo tambien estuve trabajando mucho! Besos

March 06, 2009 4:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my....shoveling is really a hard task...its my first time to shovel(our former place didnt snow that much) and I got back pain from it.

Spring will come so I am pretty sure that you and your family are gonna enjoy the view and the seats in your veranda. :)

March 06, 2009 3:50 pm  
Blogger lime said...

good heavens what a lot of snow!

March 07, 2009 6:51 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

That is a LOT OF SNOW, Tor!! Man alive!

March 13, 2009 3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home