Friday, June 22, 2012

Sightseeing in Amsterdam- on the Canals

Hi, you might have observed I was in Amsterdam some Weeeks ago? In my previous post I revealed some Photos regarding meeting Ginnie and Astrid, together with my wonderful hostess, Sylvie. This time I will give you some impressions from a Canal  Sightseeing. I will not reveal all what you can see and discover.
But you need to learn the Dutch word for Canal: grachten
1 - DSC_0186 
Let us start here – the “hop on hop off” was 40 Minutes late. We wre allmost alone
1 a DSC_0188 
There are Bridges all over and even more Bikers. The Bridges can be opened when larger vessels will pass…
3 -  DSC_0191
Here is Sylvie, my good friend and host in Amsterdam
4 - DSC_0194
I told you: Amsterdam is more than Canals – It seems to be more Bikes than People:-)
5 - DSC_0197
Lot’s of activies – Enginees to be repaired, angling for Fishing and just relaxing …
6 - DSC_0208
True view from the Canals
7 - DSC_0217
People have their Homes on many of these Boats. Several Thousands in fact.
8 - DSC_0224
New and old – Amsterdam
DSC_0179
You will find and can rent all kinds of “Party Boats” for some beautiful moments on the Canals.
DSC_0184
If you want, you can even go by Bus – directly from the Airport!
9 - DSC_0226
I think this is what most of my readers are their imagination of Amsterdam.
DSC_0171
This as well – see they have flowers etc on their floating homes.
DSC_0167 
I will thank my wonderful host and guide for a wonderful Sightseeing in Amsterdam.
… and the fact we have been connected via Social Media

More to come…

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

What a fun time. You do the coolest things with lots of cool people.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

June 23, 2012 2:32 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Amsterdam is such a wonderful, unique city, Tor. It doesn't really represent the real Netherlands but is definitely worth a visit or two. It was so fun to meet up with you there. One day we will show you the real Holland. :)

June 23, 2012 9:53 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I laughed at that floating bus, so funny.. Great to see a tour. It's been so long since I went by boat, I barely remember it now.. I don't recall taking any photos either back in 2002.. Oh well, hopefully next time it will be with Cammie..

Thanks for the tour, loved it! :)

June 24, 2012 12:02 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Amsterdam is so very Beautiful---those waterways look so peaeful and pretty, too. Great pictures, Tor.

June 24, 2012 6:49 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

What a beautiful place and yes I remembered my last visit to Amsterdam was more than 20 years ago :D

June 25, 2012 11:06 pm  
Blogger Shamrock said...

Great pictures Tor, as usual. I think you have experienced a wondeful Spring season, visiting two of the most beautiful towns in the World. And I would add that they are both on the water! I've never been in Amsterdam and It could be a great idea for the months to come.

June 27, 2012 5:41 pm  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

looks lovely, thanks for sharing. I'll have to take a boat when I visit amsterdam

June 29, 2012 9:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home