Monday, January 15, 2007

January 16 - 2007

CATS ON TUESDAY
When you buy things today, you afterwards often struggle to get rid of the packing, whatever that might be made of. The other day I bought a new lamp for our Home Office. Guess who was there, studying what was going on? Rosa of course. She’s the kind of personalty that must know everything.

- Miau, miaaau? What’s that, it means in human language
- That’s a lamp for the Office
- Miou mjau. Oh, a lamp.
- Do you like it?
- Mi, mi, ma. A little bit
- Only a little bit
- Mje. Yes
- OK then. Where shall I put the packing?

Now she startet to be really eager. Went straight to my legs and stroke them time after time. Looked at the cardboard pack and strolled in to the living room saying:

- Miaaaw, miu, miu, mjau, miuw. Follow me into the living room and put on the floor.
- Miaha, I said and followed her.
- Miere. Here.

I so did. Placed the box on the floor and opened it. Seconds after, Rosa got a new Cabin.
Her Cabin, you must know. Next box to get rid of was the one our new set with Pepper- and Saltmill plus Herbsboxes was delivered in. A bright red box with fine tree shavings to protect the content from transportation damage. Rosa, who else, discovered our doings once again.

- Miau, miaaau? What’s that, it means in human language as you allready know.
- That’s our new millset, I said
- Miou mii-jau. Oh, a Millset
- Do you like the set?
- Mnjet. No.
- Oh, you don’t like it. Then we will drop it in the littercontainer outside
- Mnjet – mnao –mnoh. Nei – neei – non
- What’s up? Something wrong?
- Mnja mie mii-minauu. Yes, I want millset box
- Of course, how stupid can a man be. Where do you want me to put it down?
- Mjee – mjee. Her, her.

She once again ran into the livingroom, and sat down just inside the entrance. I placed the box on the floor and opened it. She jumped into and lay down in a circle only cats can do. Upon the treeshavings. She had found her cradle. The past two days this box have been her favourite napspot.

Miauuu. So wonderful.
Cats on Tuesday

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Shammickite said...

Wonderful!!!!
You translate the miau lanuage with such fluency. :-)

January 16, 2007 2:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats can be like small children- they like the boxes the best!

January 16, 2007 4:48 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

He, he how sweet and your description is like a film, I could see the whole scene ! My cats (except black Kim, who never plays)are crazy about boxes to sit in !

GOOD NEWS ! With the help of a blogfriend we have now a BLOGROLL !
you can copy and paste the code in your sidebar.

January 16, 2007 4:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those boxes are great beds for cats, my cats like them as well. Nice story.
I don`t know why you can`t see my slide show, what kind of browser do you use?

January 16, 2007 7:10 am  
Blogger Bella Baita Marla said...

Sigh, I miss having my cats, so it's nice to enjoy yours. Thank you for adding me to your site and for your nice comments. I would like to know how you prepared that flat fish a few posts ago. I don't think I have ever had one and would like to try.

January 16, 2007 7:50 am  
Blogger Caylynn said...

Rosa is beautiful! Cats do seem to love boxes. They are great toys and hiding places for them!

Great stories to go along with the photos. I'm impressed with your ability to decipher Rosa's meows!

January 16, 2007 10:55 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

note to self - must bug husband for a cat

January 16, 2007 2:12 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

MEOW! Meow.....meow.....that is an intelligent cat...meow...! :D

January 16, 2007 3:55 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Ex-Shammickite; Thank you. It's hard training I garantie, but with such patient teachers, well, no problemas
@Lisa: Yes, what is about boxes, boys and Cats? Squere fantasy?
@Gattina: Thanks. I've thought about videoclips, but I don't have the patient myself to wait while opening, so I give it to the readers own imagination.
I'll post the Roll to my sidebar.
@helen: Nice comment. Our Cats also use the boxes to rince their teeths. Clever animals.
@Pasticciera: Nice to have you as a bloggerfriend. The Turbot: Press some lemon-juice and add some salt, pepper and genuine butter, wrap it in alumnium and bake it for 30-35 minutes (depending on the size)at 175 C. Asseccories as you like. Varieties are legio.
@Caylynn: Thanks for the fine words about Rosa. In fact, she's my teacher.
;-))
@ShadowFalcon: Note to ShadowFalcon: Must learn cattish. Then go out in the neighbourhood. Find a beautiful Cat, and start
c(h)atting. Result Garantied.
@Shionge: Attention, I understand every single word of that.LoL. But do not want to reveal it for the World. Must think about cats privacy.

January 16, 2007 6:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best blog posting I have read for a very long time. Inviting me into a brand new world of cattish for real. Rosa must be a very intelligent cat.

January 16, 2007 7:17 pm  
Blogger Tim said...

Ha! Your cats are as full of personality as ours, it seems. She's beautiful, btw.

January 16, 2007 8:11 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You are the master at telling these stories, Mr. Tor. I absolutely love how much fun you have on this blog!

January 16, 2007 9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, cats.... They are so funny with that. They're often crazy about bags and boxes.

Once my sisters cat scared the sh*t out of my brother-in-law, laying in a paper bag and he was picking it up in the believe it was empty! Man, did he almost had an heartattack since "something" came up from the bag with a dangerous speed when he lifted it! It was so fun to see them... *LMAO*

She is beautiful, what a fur!

January 17, 2007 1:11 am  
Blogger Andree said...

Do your cats shred boxes? Mine do. What a mess!!! Have a great week! I enjoyed your blog.

January 17, 2007 1:22 am  
Blogger srp said...

If there is a box, the cat will get in it. Or if they don't fit, they will sleep behind it. Mine like the produce boxes with the sides cut out. They can be a bed or a cave if turned upside down.

January 17, 2007 3:25 am  
Blogger RennyBA said...

You're so creative Tor and how well you and the cats understand each other and one can tell they even speaks Norwegian:-)

January 17, 2007 7:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on over and warm yourself at our flaming new blog look and have a drink. It's supposed to be temporary, just to get rid of the Santa, but I'm not sure, maybe I grow too fond of it... *lol*

January 17, 2007 1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!Rosa is a real smart cat!!
i hate packings too..can i borrow Rosa someday? haha!

January 17, 2007 4:33 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I love cats...they are so amusing and you can predict that they'll be enticed to try any container, especially if it's dark like a tunnel! You cat looks similar to my cat, Socks..(white paws calico)

January 19, 2007 12:12 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home