Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday January 21 - 2007

Papa goes around himself

You know, it took 37 seconds from typing this heading to it was finnished on the Screen.

37 seconds. Cursor just hanging there. Did not even laugh at me.

Well, my regular readers know I’ve had a hell of a time with my broadband connection lately and firstly. And when Words on top of that starts to tease me, I took my first round. Around my own body.

On Friday, I drove Anna to a women party, 25 miles away from here. From the south eastern part of inner Oslofiord to the western side. Snow on the roads there. Nothing on our side.

Well back again in the home office, I turned on my TP. Crossed my fingers.

Am I on net, or not. Not. Restart. Not. Restart. Yes. Yes. Yes.

First thing: read and comment blogger friends newest posts.

90 (12 seconds from typing to showing on screen) minutes later.

Error messages: Weak or no internet connection. NO-NO-NO

Repair prosess: Once, twice. No help. Walk, walk walk--->

Turned off the Modem.

Went into the kitchen. Said hallo to the cats. Gave them some more Pollock (white fish).

Turned around the corner. Into the entrence hall. Into the livingroom. Then the passage into the office. Scanned some old paper photos from Brasil. Beach Buggy and sandboard tour.-->

Once again talked with the cat.

Mioo mweei mweeia – Why you go so rentless?

Mhoo mhee? Who? Me?

I ran into the office. Plugged in the modem. I’ll give you three chances, I thought.

-One - No

-Two – Guess

-Three – Yess

Continued reading and posting comments.

Then my turn. Lifecruisers challenge: Dirty Friday. Hm, hm. Ok, then. I had committed.

Type, type, type in a hurry. Post and let go. All the time eyes on that rascall of a Modem.

Successful.

Time to upload photos (max 10 a day, as free member to FT).

Interrupt – new error message. Heck. Plugged out the cord from the Modem.

Started to walk around again.

TV? OK then. Zap-zap-zap through 27 channels. Nothing. New zap-zap round. Evening papers. Cats asleep. Stopped with an English crime series. Watch half awake.

Made me some slices of olive bread. And some eggs. And some San Pellegrino.

Then turned in to a circular walk in the kitchen. Looks like unca Scroogie had been there.

Riiing, riiing. Phone called. That was Anna: can you come and pick us up?

Yes I said, I’m comming.

Popped into the office. Plugged in the powercable.

-I’ll give you one more chance, or out you go, I said very determined to the Modem.

Refreshed my Yahoo! Mail Food for women-->

Yezz, yezz, I’m live on the net.

Did some Photouploading and commented a couple of others shots.

Then on the road again….

Wake up at 11:30 am on Saturday. First thing: Shopping. Anna gave me the list and her Banking card. (Can you believe how fast she forgets)

Back home to Brunch. Olive bread, shrimps, goatmilk chees and fried quail-eggs (sic).

Mango Juice.

Strolled into the office. Result: Spinning around again. I’ll think I nearly fainted.

- Sit down said Anna.

- Yes, yes, ok, I replayed.

- Half watching some cross-country ski national championship. Favourites won.

- In to the office again

- Yes, it works

For 35 minutes. Had a shave. Then a a shower. Used the body soap in the hair and the shampoo on my body.

On the net again. Some ups and downs. Didn’t give up.

What is it, am I insane?

Oh No – we was invited to Diane’s 40 years celebration (You know RennyBA’s wonderful wife from Upper NY state). --------> Diane

Even the Modem has been exited about this occasion (I hope)

Have a great Sunday

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Tor, I declare. I hope to God that some day you and Anna and Renny and Diane will ALL get to drive down to Hannover for a nice blogger rendezvous! I would love to meet such incredibly gifted communicators! I love every minute of reading your posts. :)

January 21, 2007 6:12 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

Dear Ginnie, Have allready communicated your wish to my friend Renny. It is in fact a short 11 hrs ride from Oslo. (if lucky wirh Ferries).

I'll like coming down, may be during the Wintervacation, sometimes ultimo February. How's that?
Else you visit Norway?

January 21, 2007 6:42 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hope the party for Diane was fun! I sent her my B-day wishes. The plans sounded great..the food too!
(Whose picture is this? Diane's? Anna's?)

January 21, 2007 7:41 pm  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh I felt your internet stress all through that post..what a pain in the @"&*.....let's hope it sorts itself soon.

Ha ha ha - so did you go wild with Anna's card again?

January 21, 2007 9:04 pm  
Blogger RennyBA said...

Hi Tor and thanks for plugging me. This post was hilariously good and so was the part - thanks for coming and for bringing such joy into the celebration of Diane's birthday! My post is up for those who wants to greet her:-)

January 21, 2007 11:33 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You are sure having a terrible time with all those connections! I hope you get it all straightened out.,..cause I know how frustrating it all can be....!
And a Very Happy Birthday to Diane...Hope you had fun at the party.

January 22, 2007 12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in your other blog before I came here.Unfortunately,I couldn`t leave a message there coz I have some troubles signing in my blogger account so i better post my comment here.

re:Hi Toraa!
This blog is a combination of music and photos!I enjoyed viewing the pics!!

Is this Diane`s bday celebration?Renny`s wife?Pretty cool!
I love parties and live bands!Unfortunately,I dont attend or there`s no such parties here in Japan.Everyone had fun,right?I can sense it in the pictures. :D

Thanx for sharing,Toraa!
*******************************

Your post here is ridiculuos!The way you describe yourself and the internet connection is funny,but really,I can relate well.I`ve experienced that lousy connection in Manila and it was definitely a nightmare for me :)

You`re not insane.We do feel the same..in your situation,you`re just a bit busier. :D

Have a nice week ahead!!

January 22, 2007 12:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man you made me worried here, really built up the tension. You almost fooled me in the false direction with the food talk ;-) I thought it was something really serious. and it was. *lol*

And you have some internet access. at least sometimes... Great!

I'm not used to wrieless, but could it have been the bad weather that did the bad internet connection?

January 22, 2007 1:24 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

LOLzz...what a day oh what a day.
I'm glad I got your comment :D

Food looks yummy, cats are restless but at least they have you to talk to and we are still here waiting patiently for you :D

It happens to me at times and I know it is frustrating......:D

Have a nice week ahead Pal!

January 22, 2007 1:49 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Oh dear, TorAa, I know what's like with faulty broadband connections. I had trouble for a month and eventually had to get a new modem. Since then? No problem.

Happy birthday to Diane, hope she had a lovely day.

January 22, 2007 2:59 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Next time (I don't wish it for you) take a water glass of whisky, wodka or whatever you like, take 2 Valiums and talk to your cat (good therapists) and when you wake up again, everything will work fine. (I hope so)

January 22, 2007 4:04 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do hope things are getting better! I got more ram for my computer and it was doing like you for about a year. Now I'm very happy and operating faster now...

January 22, 2007 6:03 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hei Tor!
I hope that someone would help you fix your broadband connection soon.
This is a very good post. I like the way you described your day.

January 22, 2007 10:07 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Oh that really sucks, get on the phone and start shouting at the right people, it might get them to fix it.

January 22, 2007 11:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tor you must be wanting to bang your head on the keyboard about now. So sorry to hear that you're still having such troubles.

I am laughing at the fact that Anna sent you food shopping again. Very dangerous! LOL

January 22, 2007 3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home