Monday, May 14, 2007

Papa goes shopping in May

Saturday I went shopping - again. Not only food (fish, fish, vegetables and some sparkling wine for May 17 – our National Day) for humans and Cats. As always, Anna’s shopping list was too short for me. Hehe. That was only the first step.
Step 2 was: Flowers. I went to a Greenhouse 10 miles away. It’s situated in the middle of nowhere. They have quality plants and the prices are favourable. Most of the year this Greenhouse is closed for the general public. They sell to flower shops. But during some weeks each spring, they are open for amateurs like me. I bought several different flowers and some tomato “bushes”. Just before I turned off from the main road, Anna called. –Where is the Pollock (Fish for our Cats)? – Oh my, how could I forget the most important? – “ miles extra, found a tiny shop. They did have frozen Pollock. Puuh. Saved.

And I did a short visit to my friend Frode, from childhood.

Frode and Astrid

We have known each other for almost 60 years. He has his holiday home 15 minutes from our summerhouse, and only a couple of minutes from the greenhouse. Well, it ended up with a bill NOK 1010. (EUR 125 or USD 175). And it was to chilly to leave the Flowers and Tomatoes outside.

Prepared for the Green Winter
While I was away, our wood supplier came with 12 sacks of dry wood for the fireplace. Nice to have in the Green Winter. But what a job to carry the sacs up to the house. It is steep as a downhill lane.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

me first?LOL!

May 14, 2007 4:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to hear that Anna,you and the cats are already stabled,Tor..so,do u have your internet connection already?its very lovely to know that you like shopping.

I love the plants!!they will definitely make you a paradise out there ^_^

60 yrs of friendship??wowwww!!!thats one of a kind,hope i can keep my friends that long )

i miss you,Tor!take care of you guys and have fun together with your cats!!

May 14, 2007 4:41 pm  
Blogger lime said...

oh how lovely. the flowers are gorgeous and there is nothing like a home grown tomato!

May 14, 2007 8:24 pm  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

Lovely flowers and plants - it sounds like you had quite a shopping "experience!"

May 14, 2007 9:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I simply just love your shopping to(u)rs... *giggles*

I know exactly how it is with these plantshops... Verrry hard to resist the flowers. I had one as a neighbour when I had the house earlier. Obviously being one of their best customer ;-)

Ah, meeting old friendship is always nice. That must be pretty unique with 60 years. How nice!

That wood sack carrying sounded no good, watch your back :-)

I hope you haven't had that bad weather that so many have had lately. We haven't, only other parts of Sweden. So far.

May 15, 2007 12:17 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Lovely flowers! can't wait to see pics of your garden :)
Green winter! what a delightful expression! Hope you use some device to take the wood uphill. Each fall we have about 1 ton of fireplace wood to transport from the entrance of our home (delivery point!) to take it closer to the house. it's a straight way, but still is some weight, lol.
Nice pics of your friends and the scenery is beautiful!!

May 15, 2007 8:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers that you bought! Reminds me to buy flowers for my new garden.

May 15, 2007 11:25 am  
Blogger RennyBA said...

Your a phantom shopper Tor and good to see your well prepared for the green winter in Norway:-)

May 15, 2007 1:44 pm  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Those flowers are so beautiful. Just buying them makes a person brighten up. Your garden is going to be wonderful Tor. Looks like your all set for your green winter too. Cheers.

May 15, 2007 3:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tor, what beautiful flowers. You have inspired me to go out and buy some myself. I only have the ones that grow in my yard, not for my containers. I fear that I will spend $175 USD too!

I hope you and Anna are well and continue to enjoy the Summerhouse.

May 15, 2007 4:05 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@ALL of YOU: Thanks for all the lovely and kind comments. I really had hoped to have my internet connection up and running by now (They said up to two weeks, which was end of last week).

That's why I have to comment so short and lousy.

May 15, 2007 4:30 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You have such a full life and will always stay trim, Tor, with that steep driveway to climb. That's one way of looking at it! :)

May 16, 2007 11:25 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

You have such a wonderful enjoyable life at your summer house! That's great having such a good old friend so close by! I love those flowers..my husband will start his annual flower shopping this weekend..the first of about 7 trips to the tune of $500! Everyone here plants on the long weekend coming up.
Enjoy planting and the pretty result.

May 16, 2007 2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home