Friday, November 02, 2007

Papa goes visiting his Mom

This Friday afternoon, I went to my mother. She lives in a "home" for elderly - about 25 km away from our Winterhome.
There she is the youngest around her dinner table. Only 88. The two other ladies around that Table is 90 and 97. So she feels young.

Marie Louise, my mother has her own room and private restroom. Also her TV, cellphone and a combined fridge/freezer. Table, chairs and a wonderful view up to the hills above Oslo.
Her hips is not what they used to be. They hurts. She need what we call a rollator to walk.

From where we live during the Winter, We have to pass Oslo downtown. After work, in the rush houres that can take more than 1h30m. In such a short distance.

This Friday I went at around 2:15 pm. I bought 2 small bottles of white wine with screw cork. And brought my computer and wireless modem.

It was a very special event. I got pictures from my Son, in SW Michigan state. He is married with Lori there. He went to US as all my mothers Uncles did around 1900.

I connected my PC wireless from her room - and showed her this from her oldest son's youngest son.

My mother was impressed of the effort Mats (my son) and Lori (his wife) have given to their new home. Working for Best Buy and Whirlpool - well; That means 24 hours service. All US readers do know that.

Here is todays picture. My Mother watching photos from M and I's new home - kittens, horse and all they had to do and done after moving in in their First Home, of their own.

I do think they are very clever - and I honour them both for what they have obtained in such a short time.

PS. They met on Internet.

btw- hehe - my Mother gave a good laugh to her oldest son with a Tie - yes of course she looked at that. *giggles*

Have a splendid weekend - we will arrange the "Girls B - D party" this Saturday. Just now preparing for it. Are we occupied? Well, that's only the nickname.

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

Wonderful pictures, especially of your Mama! She looks so happy to see the Internet!

November 02, 2007 11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to visit your Mum and let her have an insight of the pics and the blogsphere - give her a big hug from me next time you visit.

Wishing you a lovely GBP! You must feel like we say in Norway: 'Like a fish in the water' *giggles*

November 03, 2007 12:05 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful visit with your Mother. I'm sure she enjoyed your photos and Mats photos too.

November 03, 2007 12:24 am  
Blogger lime said...

your mum may have a rough time with her hips but she sounds liek she still enjoys many things. so glad you could take the computer and share things with her, even you r tie picture! i love her smile. i think i can see where some of your own spunk comes from!

November 03, 2007 3:07 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Your mother is the same age as mine, Tor, 88. She's pretty good for her age, too, it's her heart that can give her problems occasionally.

Your mother certainly looks pretty happy to see you, too. I think we're very fortunate to still have our mothers around at our age, don't you?

November 03, 2007 11:53 am  
Blogger ghee said...

I am so impressed to see that your mom is very healthy on her age,and the rest of her siblings do have long lives.is that common to Norwegians,Tor?

BTW,pls read my update HERE if you find time.
Happy weekend,
ghee

November 03, 2007 12:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't internet great to keep contact around the world :-)

November 03, 2007 6:21 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

You are a good son, TorAa. One gets everything back in life, remember that :)
How wonderful you could entertain your mother with those pictures!! I want to go to that girls' BD party!!!

November 03, 2007 9:11 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

What a grand lady your mother is. You are so fortunate. I wish I could drive to see my father still. I love this post because it brings back so many memories of visits with my father at the home. Bless you.

November 03, 2007 9:58 pm  
Blogger A. said...

Your mother looks in very good spirits which is not surprising when you are visiting. She is the same age as mine, who isn't doing so well, but at least I can visit every day.

November 03, 2007 10:04 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

definitely great to see your mother.

November 04, 2007 5:11 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Thank you Toraa for sharing some family bonding time with us and yes it is so nice to see the smile on your Mom's face ;D Very very precious!

November 04, 2007 3:43 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Wonderful pictures Tor...such sweet little Kittens...It was great to see what your son and daughter-in-law are doing in their new home....And that picture of your Mom is very very dear...!
You are a good son, Tor!

November 05, 2007 8:39 am  
Blogger ViJaY said...

Thats so sweet of ur mom and ur son... She luks a brave lady... nice fotos torra..

November 05, 2007 10:45 am  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

For some reason, I'm sorry to say I didn't get the picture in your post Tor.

What a wonderful visit for both you and your mother. I know how much she must look forward to them. When my mother got too sick and had to be in a home, she counted the minutes until each visit....which became just about every day.

Take care Tor....

November 05, 2007 8:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's was nice of you. I well know how much they appreciate when we do things like that. My mom is only 81, butt in much worse condition than your mom.

"The youngsters" really has been working like ants, well done of them!!!! Looks like he is doing good :-)

Hey, wanna some and kick my butt????

Get your butt over... *giggles*

November 06, 2007 8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home