Thursday, August 14, 2008

Papa was invited to Farmers Market - on a Sunday

My dear readers do know, last weekend papa stayed in Suzann's home in St Paul.
OK OK - Both of us are respectful people. We just kissed, when I had to leave for my Plane over the Pond from O'Hare to Europe. At 6:15 AM. My luggage is still in Bruxelles, due to a Strike.
So, this is a report, more or less Wordless on a Wednesday: Farmers Market down town Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
.

Every Saturday and Sunday the Farmers Market is down Town Saint Paul.
Just look at the photos, and you'll understand what a blast for me it was. OK?

Suzann, my beautiful hostess and blogger friend

Corns, carrots, cabbages and a corny photo
- Can a market be better than all fresh and organic fruits and Vegetables?


Choose your own favourites. I went allmost crazy

Tomatoe S
eason. First weekend with local, organic grown Tomatoes in St Paul area - 2008.

Organic Cucumbers. Make your own Pickles. Suzann's pickles were out of this world fantastic.

Farmers Market also have lots of beautiful Flowers

Joan bought these Flowers to Suzann

And Onions and yeah much more, see for your self. Click to enlarge and you'll see Suzann, Joan and Steve. Wonderful people.

A veggie Brunch, as only Suzann can make it.

wow, so many variations. Home made, organic Marmelades.

End of the Day - Cleaning up at the Farmers Market


More to come.... so stay tuned

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

What a wonderful day I must..it is always a visit to their farm/market that we take in the sight and culture :)

August 14, 2008 7:53 am  
Blogger MaR said...

I love these markets!! what a wonderful trip you had, so much fun, interesting places, lovely people.
Hope you get your luggage back soon.

August 14, 2008 10:32 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I LOVE A Farmers Market..! And your pictures of all the lush gorgeous veggies and fruits....Yummmm Yummmm!
Wonderful pictures Tor, of Suzannn and her dear friends....!
You had a GREAT time, didn't you?
I'm so glad, my dear.

August 14, 2008 11:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love Farmer's Markets and all the fresh produce! I'm so glad you got to see what an American Farmer's Market is like!

August 14, 2008 1:50 pm  
Blogger lime said...

oh i just can't even tell you how much i miss having a really good farmer's market to go to! that was lovely.

August 14, 2008 3:48 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Hhhmmm that all looks really wonderful ! so your luggage is in Brussels, why are you not in your suitcase ? The strike is finished since yesterday I could have picked you up today ! I came back from England yesterday evening fortunately not by plane ! What a mess at Brussels' airport ! hundreds and hundres of suitcases and luggages sitting there I saw it on TV !

August 14, 2008 5:40 pm  
Blogger Dirkey said...

I LOVE farmers markets, my favorite so far being the one in Seattle WA. Mmmmm those tomatoes made me hungry :)

August 14, 2008 5:47 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

Sorry about your luggage and hope you are united with it soon. Aren't farmer's markets fun? Yes they are. What a feast one can have. I'm so glad you enjoyed your blogging buddy and all the wonderful veggies. Have a great day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

August 14, 2008 7:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos of sooooo fresh veggies and flowers!

I can understand it was heavenly :-)

August 15, 2008 9:38 pm  
Blogger Veronita said...

Que bello dia, y que hermoso mercado! Me gustan mucho esos mercados.

August 17, 2008 9:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home