Thursday, May 24, 2007

TORsdag - May 24 - 2007

Tagged for Food

I was tagged by the one and only coffee2go (Sanni) with The Eating Out Meme. Thank you, Coffee. I’ll do my best.

These are the rules:
1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country in which you live.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been
tagged.

My favourite places to eat in Oslo is at Anna’s of course, i.e. at Home,’ cause she is a wonderful cook. When going out, it depends on the season. It’s a hard task to choose among all the restaurants in Oslo. It is really many good ones. For most of you, you might find it expensive. But it is of course many cheaper alternatives. I have chosen to present 5 after season; all have been “tried” be myself.

I will start with Summer.

1) Lille Herbern - Close to the peninsula of Bygdøy is this small “hide out” island Lille Herbern. It has a waterfront restaurant that can accommodate up to 75 guests, and a terrace that seats approximately 100. Should you want a smaller room there is a chambre separee for maximum 10 guests. Since 1929 Lille Herbern has been a restaurant where the people of Oslo have come to enjoy fresh seafood in a casual atmosphere, and it certainly ranges among the oldest restaurants in Oslo.

2) Solsiden - At the "sunny side" of Oslo. Open only at summertime; 2007: May 2- September 1.
Come taste the best of seafood in Oslo. Live lobster tank, oysters, salmon and other Nowegian delicacies
prepared with natural, organic ingredients at the hands of master chefs. Complemented with an exceptional wine list.

Uniquely situated at the historic quay right below Akershus castle. (Map here).

Solsiden faces the most romantic sunsets in town. If you are into culinary delights, don´t miss this one.


In the Autumn/Fall, if I still have money after the Vacation:

3) Bagatelle – Bygdøy Alle 3 – Oslo West. The only restaurant in Oslo with 2 Michelin stars. Do I need to say more? Look at the pictures from the interieur and at the menu.

Around Christmas, to have traditional Norwegian food – reserve long time before (they open for reservations December a year ahead)

4) Gamle Raadhus – Nedre Slottsgt 1 – Downtown Oslo. The old Town Hall of Oslo. Traditional food, and modern as well, in charming surrounding. Also an open air backyard. More pictures.

During the Winter, when the Sun are coming slowly back it’s time for something Chinese. I mean not the usual Chinese “restaurants”, but a real restaurant:

5) Dinner – Stortingsgaten 22 – Downtown Oslo. The simple name belies the fact that this is one of the best places in Oslo for Chinese food, as well as dishes that combine Norwegian and Cantonese styles. Peking duck is a speciality here, or, for a lighter meal, try the delectable platter of seafood in chili-pepper sauce. See for yourself.

Well, that was to days choices. Might have been 5 others, if asked another day.

Here it’s close to lunch time. I think I’ll have a banana, and then go to my physio therapiste.

I will tag:

Fleur de Lisa in Indianapolis

Expatraveler in Vancouver (some recommendations from Montreux too?)

Shionge in Singapore

Ginnie – where ever she might be just now

Queerchef in Bergen

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

hhmm I am getting hungry lol ! I am tagged too, but will do it only on saturday today is T13 and tomorrow anyway a friday feast so saturday is perfect for me.
BTW we adopted a little kitten girl yesterday, a first picture is on my blog ! Now I ask everybody to help to find a nice (old) name !

May 24, 2007 12:45 pm  
Blogger Tink said...

This meme undermines my diet! ;-) I'm still thinking about the restaurants I want to include, but I'll do it soon!
Thanks for visiting my blog!

May 24, 2007 12:54 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

How charming of you to name your wife's cuisine as your nr 1 choice!!!! Lovely gastronomic tour in Oslo, TorAa, truly enjoyed the pics too (as I couldn't read the Norwegian part, lol!)
Stay tuned for my 5 places in Barcelona :)

May 24, 2007 4:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tor!!you made me drool!!haha!obviously,i love eating,too.and I do blieve that your Anna is the best cook in the world.I love the first pic,i love that fish,and the menu looks so yummy and healthy,too :)

May 24, 2007 5:07 pm  
Blogger Dirkey said...

Hi TorRa, thanks for visiting. Just taking a look at your blog, I like it alot will definitely be back :)

May 24, 2007 5:26 pm  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

OK, you're making me hungry!

May 24, 2007 5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great restuarants - only thing is: you've just made me very very hungry!!!

...and I haven't started my post bout it yet, how will I survive this????

Pssst. You've been tagged - with Link Love....

May 24, 2007 8:40 pm  
Blogger RennyBA said...

My favorite would be at Anna's too and I know what I'm talking about. The fish you served when we had this Lifecruiser party for the Oslo harbor was just smashing!

I like your other choices too and I'll probably make a post from Grand Café this weekend - I was at a Jazz Brunch.

May 24, 2007 10:35 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

Oh...Anna's would be fine dining I'm sure :D Are you inviting overseas blog pals too kekekek..

I'll try my best Toraa...give me time ok?

May 25, 2007 3:26 am  
Blogger Stine said...

Hi Tor! Happy to announce that you're the proud owner of a Mother's Home raffle ticket... You were visitor number 3000 yesterday... Congrats - draw on June 30.
Litt moro må man ha...

May 25, 2007 8:42 am  
Blogger Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, your blog always makes me drool on my keyboard. shame on you!

had i only known of these things before i visited norway...of course, that was in 1989. perhaps your list would have been different that week?

May 25, 2007 10:49 am  
Blogger lime said...

yummy...now i am hungry!

May 25, 2007 12:04 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Interesting restaurants. Now I want to eat again and I've not long had dinner!

May 25, 2007 12:40 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Hi, TorAa, the table is set at my place *wink*

May 25, 2007 1:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm nice. Thanks for tagging me. I'll do my part now hehehehhe

May 25, 2007 4:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

These all look like lovely places, Tor. I am sure that Anna is a fantastic cook, judging by the photos.

I shall do my list very soon, hopefully later today or Saturday morning. It's a long holiday weekend here.

May 25, 2007 6:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw, I will do the meme later when I manage to get pictures from the different restos here!

May 26, 2007 12:31 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

We actually have many small great restaurants in Vancouver. P & I just don't venture out that far.

Even took Ginnie to a few cool places. But I never bring my camera...

Hmm - I'll see what I can do to draw up a few photos because we have eaten a few great places. I could even mention my favorite swiss spot for lunch! lol

Montreux - now that is pricey, probably just like Oslo. But there are a few that come to mind..

Hopefully I'll have something by the end of the weekend... So much work right now.

May 26, 2007 5:07 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Right now in Amsterdam, Tor, Donica has been taking me to several of the restaurants she's gone to with her work colleagues over the last years. Now that we live here part time, she's having me try them out.

The ones we like are Indonesian, Indian, Greek and Thai, as well as an Argentinian Gaucho (steak) restaurant. There are SO MANY good places here, we'll never have a chance to eat at them all. But we're well on our way!

May 26, 2007 9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lille Herbern sounds cool... it seems like it overseas the whole lake or so :D Hehe. I love seafood... oh yeah... the juicy prawns... crabs... and calamari!

Wait.. now that I scroll down.. I want Solsiden! hahahhaa... it sounds like super nice... with the lobster tank! Yeah... Revenge time!

Then again wait.. I dunno which to choose now! All of them looks so nice :( You are tempting me!

THanks for sharing a great list. I love the places! Wish someday I could visit Norway :)

May 29, 2007 5:42 am  
Blogger Nicole said...

Lille Herbern sounds good!! The view is spectacular! And seafood at Solsiden looks very freash and yummy..and Stortingsgaten 22 looks very cool place!! Peking duck? Yum!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

May 29, 2007 6:27 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmmmh... Lille Herbern sounds perfect to me - and Anna´s, of course!

Thanks for playing. Takk!

Have a great weekend,
Coffee =D

June 01, 2007 2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home