Monday, August 18, 2008

First weekend at the Summerhouse since July.


I've been in Bed with Fever since Sunday afternoon. A real Summer Cold has suddenly hit me. I might have been too much in and out, here and there lately. My nose is red and I need more handcarechiefs. LOL.
A genuine Norwegian Duvet, some hot herb tea, hot chocolate and a good rest is a simple but effective recipe. I swet out the fever, and some fat as well. *giggles*.

This weekend, Anna and I was alone in the Summerhouse. Anna picked herbs and prepared them for Winter Storage.

Anna relaxing

Here a Zuchini from our Garden.
I repaired a step in our outdoor stair. Had planned to do more but the Lumber Shop was closed for the weekend before I arrived at 2:45 pm.

When I wrote Anna and I was alone, it's a truth with modifications. With four Cats around we are not alone. Rosa and Felicia. Stompa is still here on his Summer Vacation. And a new male Cat has taken Peder Fur's place (Peder has now taken his territory back from another Cat). They go very well along all the 4 of them.

Here Stompa and new Mr. Grey.

Papa went shopping again on Saturday. Back to normal. Had a pleasant challenge: What to have for Dinner? Suzann gave me two packets of Minnesota Wild Rice. And we had to test before calling her around Midnight (our local time). I ended up with Sea Wolf. Anna picked Marigold in the Garden (looks like Spinach with red Stalks and tastes heavenly) and coocked the Wild Rice.
Hmmm - heavenly. Our whole Dinner here.

Then we listened to the local Radio's Saturday Quiz program. We did not win anything this week, but it was fun. I was on the Air for some minutes.

We enjoyed Calvados and a cup of Espresso.
Suddenly we remarked something strange: What happens to the Moon? On a clear Night, we observed only part of the full Moon. Strange.

Of course, it was a partial luna eclipse. Could only see a tiny little stripe on the top for a while.

Then we called Suzann (Her weekend here). Both Anna and I could have talked with her for hours, but all great times have an end. I'm so grateful for my visit and to have learned to know such a great person and blogger friend.

Next day we heard our local Grocery Shop did burn down during the late Night. Police suspect someone put it on Fire. Tragic. Photo: Byggmester Larsen

Sunday I felt the Fever arriving. Watched some Athlectics from Bejing Olympics, 100 meters Final Woman - Congrats to Jamaica again (Gold and double Silver) and to Ethiopia on Men's 10.000 meters.

Have a great week

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Hope you feel better soon. Your dinner looked yummy. Made me hungry it did.

Sorry to hear about your grocery store. People who set fires are awful people. Just saying.

Have a great day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

August 18, 2008 5:40 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick...
Love your pictures (except the one from the burning store, so sad...)
I am cat-sitting the neighbor's female Mucki, she is a fun cat.
Get well soon.

August 18, 2008 7:08 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Anna looks great!!!

August 18, 2008 7:17 pm  
Blogger lime said...

if i were close i'd share my favorite tea for when there is a bad cold going on. it really opens up your head if you are congested.

i myself have caught something this weekend too. seems to be the beginnings of a chest cold. rest up and feel well soon.

August 18, 2008 7:59 pm  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

I want a summer house to go to - it looks so peaceful and wonderful.

I hope that you are over your summer cold/fever and that you are feeling much better!

August 18, 2008 8:02 pm  
Blogger Suzann said...

oooooo Tor, feel better soon - hot chocolate and herb tea sound good. The picture of Anna is gorgeous, she is happy to have you home. Hugs across miles.

August 18, 2008 8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting sick is not allowed!!! Now get well soon, dear Viking friend!

August 19, 2008 2:01 am  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

We did that with the moon last winter when there was an eclipse, but I forgot and we were traveling south and the moon looked very strange until we remembered.

August 19, 2008 3:47 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hopefully you will feel better, very quickly, my dear TorAa...Sometimes our body let's us know it is time to lay down for a few minutes....You surely have been traveling a great deal and let's not forget that you are still in the painful time of grief for your dear son....! That takes it's toll, too, as I am sure you know.
The Summerhouse looks delightful! The Cats--Fat and Happy. Your dear Anna---Very Happy and relaxed, too!
I know she is happy to have you home, once again....!
Do take good care, my dear TorAa....!

August 19, 2008 4:06 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hiya Toraa, I hope you are feeling better now, my elder daughter came down with a temperature on Sunday too...needs lot of rest ya.

That is a big zuchini there ya, too precious to eat hahah..

August 19, 2008 6:38 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

So sorry you have a cold, Tor. There's nothing worse than a summer cold...I think it makes one feel even more miserable.

What a pretty cat Mr Grey is. Cats seem to know where they're welcome, don't they?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

August 19, 2008 9:29 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Oh your dinner looked good. Hope you are feeling better!

I love the Olypics, not big track and field fan - more gymnatics (its hypnotic) can't wait for 2012 and I can see ti in person

August 19, 2008 12:35 pm  
Blogger eastcoastlife said...

Hope you have recovered from your fever, it's not nice to be sick. Take care.

August 19, 2008 3:26 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Mr. Grey is very cute ! so you are back with a cold ! poor man ! COT has to wait then for next week ?

August 19, 2008 4:09 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Congratulations to the Norway team for their Bronze medal in show jumping.... one of my favourite sports to watch on TV, and in real life! Canada won silver... but we only had three on our team due to injury.
I hope you feel better soon, and i bet your dinner tasted heavenly!

August 19, 2008 4:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ihope you will better quickly now! Should take un bon grog: eau chaude + rhum et pur jus de citron + miel! Je vois que vous avez du bon temps encore à la maison d'été! et de beaux légumes! zut nous avons raté l'éclipse! La france a pas mal de médailles mais seul l'or compte alors...en tout cas le spectacle est beau!

August 20, 2008 12:58 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I do hope you are okay now, Tor, and over your fever/cold. Maybe your body could not keep up with your activities/head! HA! It happens now that we're so old. :)

August 21, 2008 11:54 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you are much better now Tor. Some good rest and good company will work wonders. :)

August 21, 2008 11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home