Saturday, August 16, 2008

PhotoHunt: Colorful - August 16 - 2008



This weeks Theme gave me a different challenge. Not to find, but to choose and prioritize among my Photos. I have Tons of Pictures that could by all means match Colorful. From Autumn Leaves via Tulip Gardens, Colorful Gardens and People to French Impressionist Painters.

Conclusion: I have to post three, very different:


The mens 100 meters final in the Olympics today. The Winner, Usain Bolt, from Jamaica was the most colorful and sovereign sprint winner I've ever seen. New World Record in a way so impressing and his Colorful joy/show thereafter - have not seen anything alike since Bob Beamons legendaric 8.90 meters in long jump in Mexico City back in 1964.

The second is my Colorful meeting with Suzann. Here she is at the Farmers Market in downtown Saint Paul. Blogging connects People.


My 3rd is from the Glass Painting in the Lutheran Church at St Olafs College in Minnesota.


PS. Click to enlarge these colourful Photos

More Colorful PhotoHunter here

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful choices! you charming Viking :)
Happy hunting and happy weekend !!

August 16, 2008 8:30 pm  
Blogger LibertyBelle said...

Those are beautiful photos! I too love the market place -so very colorful!
Thanks for dropping by!
happy weekend
L

August 16, 2008 8:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent choices for photohunt. The runner is a very different choice but great idea. He is such an effortless runner. And the Olympics have been very colorful. Thanks for stopping by.

August 16, 2008 10:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all three, but my spirit says the the color of people...that is the best kind!!

August 17, 2008 12:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choices for "colorful". Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. Take Care.

August 17, 2008 1:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All three are lovely, although I do like the picture of Suzann at the market. The flowers are so lovely, as is your friend!

August 17, 2008 2:41 am  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

I can see why you had trouble choosing Tor - I like them all! ;-)

August 17, 2008 5:13 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Such diversity for colourful, Tor, very original. I love the stained glass windows.

August 17, 2008 6:15 am  
Blogger jams o donnell said...

What wonderful choices Tor. I love the first choice.. he made it look so effortless!

August 17, 2008 9:54 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

I don't follow the Olympic games at all, but indeed your picture is colorful. Did you get your luggage back ? Yes, weather is a problem, that's why I have never been in a northern country not even in north Germany, lol !

August 17, 2008 10:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

three greet choices! i am so glad for Jamaic people! I imagine their joy! when i hear he could run faster still at the radio this morning!

August 17, 2008 1:29 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow - simply incredible... That is so cool about the sprinter. And from Jamaica! Great choices this time for sure!

August 17, 2008 4:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great and colourful examples from all over the world - but then again: your really a globe trotter Tor!

August 17, 2008 10:03 pm  
Blogger A. said...

I love your choices! Very good thinking. They are all perfect in different ways.

August 18, 2008 12:07 am  
Blogger lime said...

i am just catching up from a busy few days. looks like your garden party was a great time, and a fun visit with renny and another friend in oslo.

yes, congratulations to usain bolt but i have to admit feeling favoritism toward the silver medalist richard thomspon....since he is from trinidad, and you knwo how i love that colorful place.:)

August 18, 2008 2:45 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, what a lovely farmer's market. I do so enjoy those everywhere I go. I'm so glad you were able to visit!

August 18, 2008 4:13 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home